Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Music for mushrooms trip

• Auteur de la discussion KaliJah
  • Date de début

illness

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Mai 2005
Amit - Villagefolk
Amit - Motherland

Almost every Amit tune is amazing while you're tripping
(it's drum n bass)

and ofcourse Aphex twin :wiggle:

Meranius

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Mai 2005
Infected mushroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!LTJ Bukem, sphongle and jefferson airplane . the band 'spirit' is good 2

G

Invité
I always like very mellow music myself when tripping on shrooms. With mexicans I can only handle ambient or lounge or very mellow house music.

I do use the philosopher Stones on raves but in small dosages , then I like Techno and industrial.

I think I would not like the infected mushrooms while on (high dosage of mexican) mushrooms, I think that would be a bit too much !

psychedelico

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
please, please, please try SHAKEDOWN STREET by GREATFUL DEAD! nuff said.. :guitar:

psychedelico

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
shakedown street, greatfull dead, any 60's and some 70's psychedelic... SYD BARRETT :guitar:

DrDreez

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Juin 2005
When i'm tripping i don't have a favorite, i can like or dislike anything then, except for commercial trance-groove-progressive-whatyoumaycallit, i always dislike that.
A nice one is:
aphex twin - selected ambient works.
Real nice and mellow although some songs really start to freak me out sometimes. :grin:

Irie_I

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Août 2005
It doesn't matter what music you listen while you are tripping, as long as you can go up in the music and forget al about what's around you.In my case that's reggae or native american songs, but I've also enjoyed techno while tripping wich I normally hate.

Psilocybin

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Juil 2005
also, 2 classics:

Louis Armstrong - Wonderfull world

Lou Reed - Perfect Day

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
In my case that's reggae
Big up! Another reggae fan on this forum! :jump:

I also love listening to it when tripping, especially nice relaxed studio one sound like Ken Boothe or The Gladiators.

lucasdr

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Sept 2005
As most people said, the music doens't really matter that much.

If I want to trip like hell, I listen to some breakcore stuff (Bong-Ra, Shitmat, Kid606) or some heavy IDM (AFX, Autechre, Squarepusher, Somatic Responses).

I also really like those guys from Plaid (Warp records). That song Myopia made me feel like I was in an aquarium with fishes all around me :D
And µ-Ziq always gives me really spacey trips, because of the complex melodies mixed with breakbeat stuff.

As for reggae, Buju Banton is king.

CryingOutLoud

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mai 2005
Bringing this post up, I really liked Pink Floyds song "Learning to fly". Its almost like made for mind expanders :D. Also some Psytrance and Goa trance (such as Sphongle, Shakta and Hallucinogen) sounds great. Especially this song: Shakta - Lepton head. :upsidedown:

speedball

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Truly beautiful music sounds like HEAVEN - and crappy music sounds like HELL. Shrooms, as well as many other psychedelics are able to unveil a new level of texture and depth that otherwise would have gone unnoticed. For me, good music is one of the most integral parts of the psychedelic experience.

yoesem

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Oct 2005
although ive only had 1 schroom trip so far, and considder myself a beginner. I noticed that the normal music i listened to like drum&bass, some breakcore and just overall anything breakbeat wasn't giving the normal good feeling. When i was at the top of my experience i had my playlist set on shuffle. I really liked the combination of some seriously hardcore breakcore mixed with hiphop. Also bands like flogging molly and rappers like dr dre, snoop dogg sounded great.

some good tunes to trip to:
-jason forrest - why i love elo (just plain insanity)
-flogging molly - what's left of the flagg (crazy folk music)
-shitmat - dubplate murder (breakcore)
-shitmat - tuff babylon
-prodigy - anything will do
-fat boy slim - push the tempo

and to relax:
-dr dre - Xxplosive
-dr dre - lay low
-dr dre - still dre (classic, but it really made me trip hard)
-snoop dogg - who am i?
-snoop dogg ft. pharell- beautiful
-snoop dogg - can you control yo hoe
-afroman - anything from "the good times" (very cheap music, but i like the easy to follow rythm)
-buju banton - anything from "inna heights"(sweet sweet reggea)
-beuna vista social club (this would be perfect for a trip, very nice music, but good for the background.)
-dj tiesto - in my memory
-eagle eye cherry - save tonight
-fools garden - lemon tree (this is one of those songs wich sound like they have been made to listen to while tripping.)
-green day - basket case
-linkin park - breaking the habit
-3 doors down - kryptonite

I could go on for hours......

What i personally noticed is that i really liked a background tune, something you have heard before, and it doesn't destract you from your experience. But the subconscious mind still picks it up.

During my trip i was drawing a lot, and amongst the lines i noticed some music related characters like a viking on flogging molly and a hiphop guy when i was playing dr. dre. I was really fascinated by this fact, since i didn't really listen to the music at that moment. Did anyone have simular experiences with music influencing the experience without actually "hearing" it?
:wiggle:

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I noticed that the normal music i listened to like drum&bass, some breakcore and just overall anything breakbeat wasn't giving the normal good feeling.
You're absolutely right. What you normally like doesn't matter that much, shroom music is different. The more trips you had will make you more conscious about what could be cool, but it's still not sure.

What i personally noticed is that i really liked a background tune, something you have heard before, and it doesn't destract you from your experience. But the subconscious mind still picks it up.

I've had a similar experience with a track that I discovered on a trip (some gigabytes of mp3 on my computer I don't really know every track until it's randomly played...).
The track is "Praying Mantis" by Zion Train - during the trip I thought it was a direct inspiration from god himself (LOL, somethin like this...).
When I'm sober, the track is plainly boring . It's a pure meditative repetition of the same simple theme with an underlying dub/house-beat...

I think that the simpler tunes are good for trips. Meditative repetition (a simple hook-line) and weird sounds, but not too much complexity is what makes good trippin music. Your mind is so receptive and sensitive while tripping that you don't like an overdose of melody and rythm changes.

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Truly beautiful music sounds like HEAVEN - and crappy music sounds like HELL. Shrooms, as well as many other psychedelics are able to unveil a new level of texture and depth that otherwise would have gone unnoticed. For me, good music is one of the most integral parts of the psychedelic experience.

Well said.
I have some good experiences with Enya, 'Meditation-cd's', atmospheric rock, and for the some more sad moments Doom and (dark)ambient.

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
At this moment I'm discovering the wonderworld of psytrance, psytekk, GOA-trance, etc. I think I will try something of this next time. Maybe the hard beat becomes anoying with time..? Dont know, I will just try.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Maybe the hard beat becomes anoying with time..?

Then Shpongle is the answer - very mellow psytrance.
And, as I said before, meditative repetition (i.e. a hard beat) is much more interesting on shrooms than when you're sober.