Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

GODbye

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Forkbender a dit:
You didn't ask me or Dr. Leospace to do anything about it
Yes, I did, but no, not two months ago.

(remember with Ahua, where you asked everyone for a formal complaint,
If you want to ban someone, you've got to explain why. I made my complaints in great detail, and at that time the forum rules still said something about "objectionable language".

In that forum thread you presented your 'case' for banning Ahua: "Listen to spice: we don't think Ahua hasn't got the right to say anything, but that he should present his ideas so that others can understand them. Most people here don't understand a word he says. The way he talks is destructive of the intelligibility of everything we talk about here."

That statement simply describes your lack of comprehension, or lack of appreciation for his nonlinear style, not a breaking of forum rules. Around that time I simply asked for clear examples of forum rules being violated, formal complaints if you will, but nothing was presented.

Even if the ban was justified, YOU shouldn't have done it, but instead asked the people who were appointed to make these kinds of decisions. You were too much involved to make this decision.
For months I complained about his behavior, and so did others (see for example the statement by douglas here), but you guys were simply too involved in your own ways to do something about it.

I have only heard about your view that moderation wasn't good enough after you had already banned him
I don't think so. I remember a thread I started some time ago, but I can't find it right now. Oh, found it, it was started by you as a result of something I wrote in another thread: "Mutual Respect". That's from June 14. There I said: "What you can moderate is objectionable language, but when the forum rules were changed half a year ago, the rule against objectionable language was omitted."

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
Yes, I did, but no, not two months ago.
Well, never since I became admin and could actually do something about it.

If you want to ban someone, you've got to explain why. I made my complaints in great detail, and at that time the forum rules still said something about "objectionable language".
What is objectionable? To whom? You still haven't answered that question. And what is bad about feeling hurt by something someone else said? Are we so enlightened that we should pretend that some things don't hurt us or question some of our deepest beliefs?

In that forum thread you presented your 'case' for banning Ahua: "Listen to spice: we don't think Ahua hasn't got the right to say anything, but that he should present his ideas so that others can understand them. Most people here don't understand a word he says. The way he talks is destructive of the intelligibility of everything we talk about here."

That statement simply describes your lack of comprehension, or lack of appreciation for his nonlinear style, not a breaking of forum rules. Around that time I simply asked for clear examples of forum rules being violated, formal complaints if you will, but nothing was presented.
I'm not so much bothered by words as 'fuck' and 'bullshit' as I am by nonsense. A forum is based on people introducing their way of thinking to others to see if it makes sense. And others are free to question them about it. When people don't understand some things about what you say and ask you about it, and you then use the same inner contradictions to come up with a new story, you are fucking around with people, showing, what I believe, to be a lack of mutual respect. It is therefore how things were said and not what was said itself that made me say that. And I stand by it.

For months I complained about his behavior, and so did others (see for example the statement by douglas here), but you guys were simply too involved in your own ways to do something about it.
I don't listen to public complaints. You always know the other person can read them, keeping them on guard by overshouting them and appearing to not be influenced by it. I'd prefer an honest remark in a personal message.

I don't think so. I remember a thread I started some time ago, but I can't find it right now. Oh, found it, it was started by you as a result of something I wrote in another thread: "Mutual Respect". That's from June 14. There I said: "What you can moderate is objectionable language, but when the forum rules were changed half a year ago, the rule against objectionable language was omitted."
Because there is no proof that the language is objectionable, because objectionable is a vague term, because I don't think that objectionable language can be blamed on the person speaking it alone. I have told this time and time again.

Maybe what I felt about Ahua in first instance was something like you felt toward GOD. The lack of meaning striked me down. It made me think of people deep in psychosis. It certainly confronted me with my idea of rationality.

I think he has a good heart.

Plus his messiah-complex is getting to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Is there going to be another plot of psycholunatics trying to overthrow the government?

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Here's something Fork said:

I do agree with you that respect is the same as telling the truth. I almost would go so far as to say that not taking things personally is a way to respect the other. If people attack you they mostly have their reasons and I find it interesting to find out those reasons and seeing if I had a role in that.

You should read and meditate on this CM.

I also have a question for you. Do you have any power left on this forum or are you now a simple member?

I am also surprised that you can Hijack a forum and not be banned from it... makes no sense in my opinion?

G

Invité
Psychoid a dit:
I am also surprised that you can Hijack a forum and not be banned from it... makes no sense in my opinion?

I second that, is there any internal politics we're not aware of?

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Of course there is...

Agent Orange hunt is over, huntee has stepped down and is not coming back. He shall take care of his daughter that NEEDS him instead.

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A New Jersey blogger facing charges in two states for allegedly making threats against lawmakers and judges was trained by the FBI on how to be deliberately provocative, his attorney said Tuesday.

Hal Turner worked for the FBI from 2002 to 2007 as an "agent provocateur" and was taught by the agency "what he could say that wouldn't be crossing the line," defense attorney Michael Orozco said.

But thats just my point of view...

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Or didn't you hear about me anouncing CM that having had a vasectomy is very bad news for his health ?

Then GOD glossing over that fact... then turning around against me in another thread and telling me to GET MY SEXUAL ORGANS CUT SO I CAN'T REPRODUCE ?!

What the heck is with you guys ? You can't all be blind at the same time, it would be like admitting there is a superior force at work behind the scenes ?

What about douglass telling me he'll punch every teeth out of my mouth and take pleasure in seeing me bleed to death ? You forgot about that one too ?

How is that not crossing the line ? Internal politics... in your head maybe !!! It's not like I was invading all your precious Éintelligible" threads systematically... I wrote the majority of my insight in my own threads, leaving the rest of the forum intact, you all came like Don Quichote, not me...

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Forkbender a dit:
What is objectionable? To whom?
Whom: anyone who's a member of this forum, be it oldtimer or newbie.
What: anything that's not conducive to the exploration of ideas or to constructive discussions, but is disrespectful, belittling, derogatory, hurting, inflammatory, or simply too gross, vulgar or hateful. As far as moderation is concerned, there's a difference between an occasional outburst or regular usage of such language.

And what is bad about feeling hurt by something someone else said?
I wasn't just talking about feeling hurt. But to answer your question: it depends on the situation. If a child falls on his knees and it hurts, well, that's just life. Or if someone is defeated in an argument, their worldview is shattered and that hurts, again, nothing wrong with that! But if a child becomes quiet and reclusive because he's being harassed by a bully, and others laughing about the bully's nasty jokes, that should not be tolerated.

I'm not so much bothered by words as 'fuck' and 'bullshit' as I am by nonsense.
Me too. But it should be obvious by now, and I've explained this before, that I have no problems with the words you mentioned.

I don't listen to public complaints. You always know the other person can read them, keeping them on guard by overshouting them and appearing to not be influenced by it. I'd prefer an honest remark in a personal message.
OK, I understand.

Because there is no proof that the language is objectionable, because objectionable is a vague term, because I don't think that objectionable language can be blamed on the person speaking it alone. I have told this time and time again.
Just because it's vague, doesn't mean you had to remove it altogether. You could instead have made an attempt to clarify it. Or simply change it into "what is deemed objectionable to the site owner and/or the moderators".

Maybe what I felt about Ahua in first instance was something like you felt toward GOD. The lack of meaning striked me down. It made me think of people deep in psychosis.
Well, perhaps, though in GOD's case it would be a neurosis rather than a psychosis. But still the situation is different in numerous ways. For example, I had known the GOD character for more than a year, whereas you wanted to ban Ahua after knowing him only two or three weeks. And don't forget that it was GOD who first provoked Ahua, not the other way around.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Something tells, a calculating one should always be very selective with which characters he wishes to trip with, if this nook would ever make it to the opportunity of journeying together in the actual life of course.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Psychoid a dit:
I also have a question for you. Do you have any power left on this forum or are you now a simple member?
Power?

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
Psychoid a dit:
Power?

See? YOU KEEP DODGING QUESTIONS!!!! STOP IT FFS!
You know exactly what I mean. And it was:

Is there anything you can do on this forum that a regular member can't?

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
YOU KEEP DODGING ANSWERS !!!

*unbearable irony*

I said no, and everyone knows I'm the supreme authority on the internet... heh.

After you wonder why I won't reformulate my insights, just take a moment, and make an effort.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Moderator or admin rights.
Of course not, don't you remember? First it was suggested by one of you that there be two Site Administrators (because I refused to ban Ahua), for which the Ground_Control account was created. Then two became one again, namely Forkbender. More recently the Ground_Control account was renamed "Administrator" (though the Major Tom picture remained) and the password was changed. I already said that in the topic on the Moderator Account which you participated in.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
And what about other kind of rights?

I already told you to stop dodgin questions, and you do it AGAIN!

SO NOW ANSWER THIS:

Is there anything you can do on this forum that a regular member can't?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Psychoid a dit:
SO NOW ANSWER THIS
caps_lock.jpg

G

Invité
Glad to see you two lovebirds are having fun.

Seriously, this is ridiculous, it's no use talking to them. Can't the admin do something? This issue has been around for way too long.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Indeed... being jealous of community sentiments will not help the cause however !

vishnu-unclesam-ufo-octopus-sized.jpg