Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

GODbye

Tunnelvision

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
28 Août 2008
would be best if only the english topics would appear on the frontpage. So yeah it also goes for the german and dutch topics

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
mysticwarrior a dit:
Please unban now! This is ridiculous. The Admin(fork) should help to work out all these problems. He is pretty capable of doing this, and we where already going to take things less seriously.

Thanks for the trust. I don't know if things will work out between them, but they have been mailing and talking about the things they disagree with in each other. We cannot force either of them to do anything, neither to forgive nor say sorry, but as I said before, as far as I am concerned, they can talk things out in the open if they want. Dr. Leospace doesn't agree with me on this and I respect that.

In the past I may have been too much on one side of the argument and neglected the truths in the other viewpoints expressed, so excuse me for that, I know it may have prevented some of you to voice their concerns earlier to me in my function of admin. Part of the reason for this was that I already took my stance in this debate long before I became admin. I hope to be more balanced in the future. It is a tough job and we definitely need some clearer guidelines for mods and admins, but we need it to make this board worthwhile.

So. What happened? We got divided. But by what? Colliding ideas? Differing views? That cannot be reason enough to abandon ship. Was it something else? How did it happen? Why did we say what we said? Why did we interpret things in a certain way? Howcome we didn't transcend stupidity yet (myself included).

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I would like to see the option to personalize the frontpage so that you can only see the language(s) you want to see. I don't know if it is possible in phpbb3, but it would be interesting to explore. If it isn't possible, we can always put more recent posts in the list (like 20 as opposed to the current 10).

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Did we got divided into two camps. Fork you wrote you may be on one side of the argument to much.
What side is that. I don't remember you taking any sides.

I don't believe this is about sides.is this about sides ? :?:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^well, that is what I heard from some people during the heated arguments we have had in the past year or so. Clearly some people categorically disagreed with me on this issue and didn't think it was worth discussing with me.

I think we did get divided at times, that there were two general clusters of ideas that most people who got involved in the discussion gravitated towards. Doesn't mean that the division was permanent and carried across to all subjects. I think it is interesting to figure out how it happened and what happened within my own mind when it happened. I don't think we need to figure it all out before we can go on.

It isn't about sides. It's about how we sometimes think in sides and how we can prevent that from happening.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
It's hard to tell when it all started. This has been going on for a long time.
I think all the little arguments and irritations in the past have a role in this.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I agree. It has been snowballing for a while.

On the other hand, I liked a lot of the arguments, because I could test my own thinking by confronting it with the ideas of other intelligent human beings. Or maybe I just like to say that to mask my own stubborn nature. :lol: Either way, I had a lot of fun in the process and I learned a lot as well. I don't think we should consider it a negative thing per se. Clearly, it is something that needed to come out (correct me if i'm wrong).

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Well I think it's okay if that's how you feel about it.
So it doesn't bother you that members have been banned.
:?:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
It does. And I still think that it never should have happened because they could've talked it out or if they couldn't they could've left by themselves.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Fork, you are honest person! I really did appreciate the last posts you wrote :)

It does. And I still think that it never should have happened because they could've talked it out or if they couldn't they could've left by themselves.

But i have one question left, is the ban permanent or will cm and god later be unbanned?

I think that's a question some of us do ask.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Administrator a dit:
The phpbb3 software for the new forum was installed some time ago, and it will without doubt be a great improvement with many new features.

I am looking forward to it :weedman:

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
mysticwarrior a dit:
But i have one question left, is the ban permanent or will cm and god later be unbanned?

Administrator a dit:
Regarding the banning of CM and GOD: they both say that at this point they do not wish to participate in the forum. They have also been in contact with each other, through email.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
It's a shame that i misunderstood that, anyway you made somethings clear to me ;)

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
yeah, they dont wish to participate anymore cause all anyone can do now is throw the banhammer. "oh they're arguing? well fuck it, i don't care and dont want to hear it anymore"

i dont think it would ever have been resolved in its entirety anyways, but banning them was a stupid move imo

Forkbender a dit:
So. What happened? We got divided. But by what? Colliding ideas? Differing views? That cannot be reason enough to abandon ship. Was it something else? How did it happen? Why did we say what we said? Why did we interpret things in a certain way? Howcome we didn't transcend stupidity yet (myself included).

the ego can never be dissolved in it's entirety, or at least not on this forum. too much personality and opinion was tripping everyones feet up in the DEBATE. it should have been handled like a debate, and it wasn't. too many people bitched and complained and moaned and ARGUED so that the logical collected thought processes were lost in the pile. hay in a needlestack :evil:

on a lighter note, lets get this phpbb3 ball rolling! what can be done to get it online? its good to hear that things ARE being done to keep the site nice and clean. would a separate topic for this be best? if so would the creator mind posting a link to it from this thread?