Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

contamination?

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Yes, this is a lost cause. Throw it away and clean everything you own with peroxide or something else before trying again.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
"What could've caused the infection?"

A number of causes. Mostly un-sterile working by you.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"I feel ripped off though by the manufacturer of this kit"

It could be a problem from the source but its more likely that it comes from how you have been handeling it .

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I always sterilize the box where I put my growbox in, as well as my hands
and everything with a clinical sterilizing spray before I start (it's the kind of
alcoholic sterilizer spray they use in hospitals to sterilize tables/hands/arms, you
can buy it in the drugstore, usually).

Then, what I think is very important to insure good growth and less infection is
to fan fresh air into container every day. Molds grow with a lot of humidity and I
think they don't need much air. Your shrooms on the other hand do need
oxygen, and they don't need to be super-moist. I have always had good
experiences with fanning fresh air into the grow-box container at least once a
day.

And yes, please resize pictures to something like at least 1024x768. Most people
are using 1280x1024 displays, pictures in the 5 megapixels or more range are just
annoying to watch in a forum, because the browser doesn't resize them.

psymushroom

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juil 2008
hello i jus open a cake i did myself..and in the center has a hole , around it and deeper is green...its infected or something?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If its green yes .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Throw it before it spreads to other cakes / your clothes / your growing area is my advice .

psymushroom

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juil 2008
ok i did but i have also another cake that it has the first pinheads and of the sides it has some light green colour..i must throw it away also?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Are you sure its not light blue ? Please look at it and tell me if you ca nsee something that is growing and is green or if its just a light blue stain . If its green it will probably look either slimy or like dry green powdery mold . Dont open it unless you have to to see . Use a magnifying glass . If it is contamination opening it will drasticaly increase your chances of spreading it through your grow area .

psymushroom

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juil 2008
i think its light green as i can see but i cant be totally sure because it can look like
light blue...it was open and ready for grow mushrooms in the bag.when i put it in bag it has a little strange coloured dot at the side and now after 3 days is biger and llight green(or blue maybe)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It sounds like mold to me . I can only say what i would do = throw it away . You have to decide , and take the consequencys of what you do .The least you should do is to quarantene it = put it in a totaly different place and watch it . Its hard for me to tell people to throw things away . I know how much love and effort that they have put into their work I also know the price . Buit if you try to keep contaminated substrate it will spread spores around your grow area that you will never get rid of .

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
maybe a picture would be nice.

especially because you can't really say what color it is.

psymushroom

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juil 2008
you really meen that i can never get rip of them??from another cakes i had before i had also some of them get mold after first or second flush..do you think that this is the reason that 3 of 5 boxes get mold?my room has this bacteria in air for ever?

psymushroom

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juil 2008
BrainEater i throw them in garbige now and except this the camera i dont believe that can show you excactly what i see.. :?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
bacteria are probably not there forever, but maybe it would help if you clean your room or maybe your whole house really well and afterwards open all windows and let the wind take the rest out ???

anyways maybe some pictures would be nice, if it is not the biggest effort for you to take the pictures and post them. (digitical cam with usb is the easiest way :p)

maybe it is better to throw them away really, but WE HERE can't judge whether it really was the better decision or not, because of no evidence, except what you are saying. And so either good description and therefore good information or some pictures would help us to tell you what we think about it.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Mold spreads millions of spores . You only have to breath on it and your lungs breath them in and out . A small draught does the same . They spread onto your clothes and hair . They spread over your grow room and they are nearly indestructable in normal conditions . I know people who didnt have problems , then they got a bit of mold and now they cant grow in their grow room any more . Some people get away with it with some jars but always get problems with others .

If you read about infectious deseases and quarantine you will get an idea oif what can happen and what you can do about it .

G

Invité
Hi guys, just wanted your opinion on those mushies (like to zip archive, the pics are too big to be posted here) :

www.filefactory.com/file/8c3d4b/n/shrooms_zip

The growing mushies seems fine to me, but the mycelium isn't white, that's why I'm not sure if I should put it in my fruiting chamber with the other cakes.

Any opinions ?

ultramoana

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Juil 2008
Cobweb conta,no doubt for me,but another advice should be fine^^

G

Invité
Thanks for your answer !

Basically, if my mycelium isn't clearly white, it's infected, right ?