Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

contamination?

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
My poor little shrooms :crybaby:
I loved them...
I think I'm gonna jump out of a building.
Thanks...

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Do not even open the bag or grow box, throw it all out immediately. Avoid inhaling green mold!

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
My poor little shrooms
I loved them...
I think I'm gonna jump out of a building.
Thanks...

I know the feeling. But life goes on, don't kill yourself.

peace & love

grifter7

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2009
I think im going to know this feeling soon I did something stupid with mine recently and i might pay the price :paranoid: (why oh WHY is there no worried emoticon?

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
Mushroom cultivation is too hard :(
The first time I tried I got 30grams fresh out for 2 jars (on 12 jars).
This time nothing, just a 1cm aborted shroom.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
^^ I enjoy it whether I fail or succeed. The whole process is amazing to me. Usually it ends up working out too.

peace & love

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
user_1919 a dit:
^^ I enjoy it whether I fail or succeed. The whole process is amazing to me.

Agreed. I love watching anything grow after I've put that much into it; it's a really beautiful thing, even if it doesn't work out.

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
it's not too hard... try to learn from your mistake, and after a while you'll have good cultivations :)

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
so if you have several cakes in a box together, and one gets green mold, can the others be saved if the one is thrown out? how about mushrooms that came from it before it turned green?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The ones from before any green at all should be OK . The not infected cakes should be thrown out to but if you want to try and see what happens keep them . No serious grower would keep anything that is open and has been near infected cakes . Stupid people might start moaning about money but in the long run breeding mold can fuck your whole grow area and cost you very much .

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
thanks god

but in general, mushrooms growing on cakes with no mold on either cake or cap are fine, even if there has been contamination in the box before? (as unlikely as it may be)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I cant tell you 100 % as i dont have any experience growing mold . IF your "clean" cakes dont have or get any mold / contamination on them and have no no mushrooms on them now the ones that come later could / should / might be OK . Try it and see if you want to know . If you do i would at least try to disinfect / clean / sterilise the area that the "clean" cakes are in and after you see what happens and have finished do an extra big sterilisation of everything you use to grow .

A person i know used to grow good mushrooms . They got mold and tried to salvage as much as they could and moaned about money / the cost of cleaning up , throwing all the cakes away and starting again from scratch . Now every single time they grow they get contamination . They still try to save as much as posible and have to throw the majority of their cakes away and i wouldnt eat any of the mushrooms that they pick from the "clean" cakes if you paid me .

Alan_Rockefeller

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Avr 2009
user_1919 a dit:
Throw them out!

Yea for sure. You don't want that green trichoderma growing anywhere near your grow room.

I threw away over an ounce of perfectly looking mushrooms. It was a sad day, but better safe than sorry.

That was unnecessary, if they actually fruit mushrooms then the mushrooms are safe to eat as long as they don't have green on them.

OP, if you want to move them to another FC in your garage or something that would be ok.

Horrigan a dit:
Mushroom cultivation is too hard :

Its extremely easy compared to mushroom hunting.

paint a dit:
so if you have several cakes in a box together, and one gets green mold, can the others be saved if the one is thrown out? how about mushrooms that came from it before it turned green?

I'd just toss the ones that are green. Colonized cakes are somewhat mold resistant, the mold generally takes hold before the cake is completely colonized, possibly from birthing too soon or other sterilization problems earlier in the procedure. Mushrooms growing from green cakes are fine to eat.

A person i know used to grow good mushrooms . They got mold and tried to salvage as much as they could and moaned about money / the cost of cleaning up , throwing all the cakes away and starting again from scratch . Now every single time they grow they get contamination . They still try to save as much as posible and have to throw the majority of their cakes away and i wouldnt eat any of the mushrooms that they pick from the "clean" cakes if you paid me .

His procedure isn't up to par and he needs a new FC.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"That was unnecessary, if they actually fruit mushrooms then the mushrooms are safe to eat as long as they don't have green on them. "

Telepathic long distance diagnosies dont help anyone . There isnt just one form of contaminent thats green and some spores when breathed in are very dangerous . People with experience throw everything away thats open when they see contamination on open cakes / jars and sterilise the whole set up .

"Its extremely easy compared to mushroom hunting. "

Thats your personal opinion and maybe reflects where you live and the problems you have had . Anywhere i have ever lived getting mushrooms was a case of waiting for the season and looking in the right place . I have lived in diferent countrys and in citys , small towns and in the countryside .

"the mold generally takes hold before the cake is completely colonized"

When / if you get a little experience you will see / find some cakes / jars that look wonderfull from the outside but inside are full of shit .

Contamination can come from birthing to soon ? It comes from not working properly , not haveing real sterile conditions . Or the very rare case that one has something that survived sterilisation .

"His procedure isn't up to par"

Thats what i said .

" he needs a new FC."

Please dont use pseudo expert codes and say what you mean .

cameratessa

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
:oops:
Okay, so I feel like an asshole. A friend gifted me some very freshly picked mushrooms and another (clueless) friend gave me a baggy to put them in. Being that I was a little drunk, I completely forgot about them for a couple of days, and of course, moisture created a little bit of fuzzy mold. I was mortified upon this discovery, quickly washed them off, and am now drying them in front of a fan. Are they still safe to eat???? did i completely sabotage this potentially beautiful gift?? I mean, isnt fungus already a mold??

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
hmmm, some molds are poisonous

i have eaten moldy shrooms, but my advise would be: if in doubt, throw them out

cameratessa

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
well, i do recall them originally being mostly white, and now they are brown and mushy, as vegetables tend to do. the fuzz i saw was whitish-clear, but like i said, i washed that off. i truly hate to waste them......

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
welcome to the forum, BTW

what kind of shrooms are they?