Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

contamination?

TheDeathryder

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Août 2012
I think this is a lighting issue, the mushrooms don't appear to know which way is up. What color spectrum of light are you using, and how far away from the fruiting chamber is it? The blue looks like bruising to me, cakes often bruise when handled, or when they get dry. Judging by the shape and location, I'd think it's probably the result of handling.

Heimsgard

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
thanks, my lighting is pretty far - like.... at least 6-7 feet away, just a daylight bulb
... I know it should be above... but I do not have the set up for that yet.

Sounds very possible!

Thanks for the responses so far!! :)

TheDeathryder

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Août 2012
You'll probably see an improvement if you can get ahold of a desk lamp and put a daylight bulb in it. That's what I did for my first grow, and it worked out pretty well.

Other than the lighting, everything else looks good to me.

Matthalamew

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Août 2012
I think the lighting issue is important for sure - but I'm guessing that you have a temp issue too - I notice what appear to be beads of dew on the cake(s) - that could comes when the temp is below desirable (condensation).
So I've found 84' to be the best fruiting temperature - with a drop to 70' overnight between flushes to promote pinning. If its a bit chill in there it will cause additional condensation and that translates to cold shivering little fun-guys.
I'm guessing its closer to 70 degrees in there.

st0ned ¤ crazy

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Août 2012
Ha good to see some people from the shroomery here! But anyways that definitely looks like bruising to me. Do the q-tip test to be sure. Rub the blue with the q-tip and if the blue rubs off...its mold. If not your good to go. And how much fresh air are they getting? Do you fan them a couple times per day or have a fan blowing nearby but not pointed directly at the chamber to circulate the air? I don't see many holes in your chamber either... Look into building a 'shotgun fruiting chamber'. With the perlite you want a lot of holes all, especially on the bottom, to circulate the air and to keep the moisture evaporating off the perlite and into the air. Low humidity also causes bruising so that should fix that. And not enough fresh air causes co2 or w/e to build up making the shrooms grow real skinny and opening up early. And if they're too close to your holes that could also be drying them out and causing bruising.... Just drill 1/4 inch holes every 2 inches ON THE WHOLE CHAMBER!! Top, bottom and all 4 sides. And mist the perlite to always keep it moist. You won't need a fogger, a heatpad or even a hygrometer!! Just holes and a fan. Just don't point the fan directly at the chamber or you will dry it out! Do that and your humidity should stay 98%+ as long as you keep the perlite MOIST and air moving....=D

st0ned ¤ crazy

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Août 2012
Can anyone tell me how to space my paragraphs? Everytime I post it keeps turning into 1 big paragraph...:-| But back to tha topic... next time you can just upgrade to bulk in a mono-tub and you'll get wayyy more shrooms. Like 3 or 4 oz dried each flush! Just set up the mono, make your substrate with coco coir or poo and once your cakes are fully colonized, crumble them and mix with your substrate and SEAL IT UP and leave it alone for 10 to 14 days. Once you open it up the fresh air will make it pin. Just don't open it up until its fully colonized or it may contaminate. Coco coir is almost mold resistant so its easier to work with than poo...

M

maryellan

Invité
everything in this room is sterile....did we get contaminated? too much water? help?:wasted:

Barbie

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Déc 2012
Bonjour à tous!
Voilà ca fait depuis environ mi-octobre que j'ai mis en culture des mc kennai, qui avaient commencé plutot bien, croissance normale, mais d'un coup ils ont arreté de pousser et se sont couvert d'une couche blanche bizarre pour ensuite devenir verdâtres. Pensant que c'était à cause d'une température trop basse je les ai mis plus près de la source ce chaleur, et plein de petits nouveaux fort jolis sont apparus! Maintenant j'aimerais savoir si vous pensez que le kit est entièrement contaminé, et bon à jeter? Ou alors si je peux sauver les petits nouveaux en enlevant les laids?
Voici une photo de l'aspect actuel du kit: Voir la pièce jointe 9677
avec donc les moches-verts et les nouveaux tous frais!
Merci :)

caroline29100

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
Bonjour à toutes et à tous !

Alors voilà, c'est la deuxième fois que j'ai commandé mes kits avec Sha", ils ont mis vraiment beaucoup de temps avant de pointer leur nez ! J'ai même faillit les jeter à la poubelle tellement je n'y croyais plus ! Jusqu'au jour ou "TADAM !" Soulagement... mais, je me pose une énorme question, s'ils ne sont pas contaminés. L'odeur qui se dégage des sacs est une odeur de moisissure assez forte. Et le mycélium ne semble pas vouloir s'étendre. A un endroit j'ai l'impression de voir une tâche de moisis verte, mais pas très voyante quand même...
Petit coup de pouce sur la marche à suivre ? ^^

Peace !

marco flo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Août 2013
I put a cake in my chamber without dunking due to me being impatient. It was in there six days and began to show signs of dehydration. I dunked it for 22 hrs. and rolled it in dry verm. and put it back in my chamber. It grew some white fuzz which from what I read is a good sign. They are not showing signs of fruiting. Why? At what point do I worry. It is b+ strain. Please help!!!! Thank you. It has been in there 13 days.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
^jeff doesn't know what he's talking about, as there is not enough info here to determine what he has said. odds are your cake is still dehydrated, because right when it comes out of the jar it will be a little dehydrated. the real question is how much are you misting now? 2x a day is ideal. and fanning as often as is convenient, up to once every 2 hours. the #1 pinning trigger is FAE fresh air exchange. i would personally say #2 is making sure that the mycelium goes through periods of being very saturated and wet, and then having a period after that to dry out a bit. not become dehydrated, but definitely dry out again. bluing is a sign that it has become too dry, and one should dunk again in a cold refrigerator for 24 hours. even dunking while there are pins, will not hurt the pins at all. hope this helps. also, this forum is kind of dead, you may have better luck posting this to shroomery if i haven't helped you enough. i have the same account name over there as well, only spelled with a zero: 0phiuchus. feel free to ask me here or there

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
also, you should have dunked and rolled, because that vermiculite that you roll the cake in is the main source of moisture for the cake. don't ruin a grow due to impatience, because to grow that's really the only thing you have to do! :p

Kay

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Août 2013
Temperature would be a large factor in growth speeds. Aim for the recommended 76F, keeping this temp consistantly will give you a much better idea of possible issues. As mentioned, we would need more info to accurately assess your project.