Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

contamination?

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
They dont look mouth watering , or very healthy ,but they dont look to bad either . How did they get like that ??? Was that the whole harvest from a cake ? Or just one flush ? If so wich one ? If you took spores i would try using a diferent substrate next time . Maybe they were not warm enough and maybe they didnt get enough fresh air ??? If they dont stink , dont have any visible contamination on them and are not very black and slimy dry them and make a tee with them .

The usual problems with growing besides contamination are not warm enough , to wet / not enough fresh air , to dry or to long the same substrate .

hippietrhggr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2008
alejendo are ur feet green? i mean in the picturs above they look green. :D

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
hehe thats what i noticed too but forgot to type then :D

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
BrainEater a dit:
hehe thats what i noticed too but forgot to type then :D

Thanks for updating us :p :lol:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thats probably why Alejandro asked the question , because he got green webed feet .

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Seems like they were wet for too long; moisture build-up can degrade your mushrooms relatively quickly.

I agree that they would probably be safe to consume, just dry them and make a tea as the others have suggested.

Happy sailing.
Oh, and nice feet :lol:

hippietrhggr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2008
lol someone asks about shrooms then we start talking bout his feet lol HAHAHAHAHA :shock:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
They look very blue for cubes, so I doubt they will be very strong (as most of the blue is the result of degradation). Make a tea if they don't smell bad or are mushy.

DeepTurtle

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Fev 2008
Alejandro, your psilocybe are beautiful. They look just like they should. I see nothing wrong with them. Send them to me if you don't want them, I will dispose of them for you 8)

Except like forkbender said, blue is an indicator that the psilocin is reacting, therefore degrading. Still, I would eat those shrooms.

faithless

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
3 Août 2007
Hi all, I'm growing shrooms from a growkit since a few weeks now, and I got this shroom here, which grew after the main flush.

He was looking good but I failed at drying it. He spent like 2 days in a box, and then 1 day outside, exposed to the sun (I put it there because it wasn't dry and there was a very warm sun outside).

Anyway he's not looking really good and I wonder if I should eat it.

On the left, a shroom well dried, to make a comparison easily.

sl381620dw7.jpg

Thanks for the replies

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Hard to see well but it almost looks like it has begun sporulating and if thats the case, the black stuff could just be spores.

How does it smell? Mushroomish? Does the smell differ from the other shrooms?

faithless

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
3 Août 2007
HeartCore a dit:
Hard to see well but it almost looks like it has begun sporulating and if thats the case, the black stuff could just be spores.

How does it smell? Mushroomish? Does the smell differ from the other shrooms?

I'd say it smells like shroom but stronger and maybe the odor is a little bit worse.

The black stuff are the spores, I have no doubt about that, but the fact that the top of the hat is white instead of brawn is weird..

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
They do that in the wild also I guess. Especially in the sun, Amanita's also often develop spots like that. But if you don't trust it, just throw it away :)

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
HeartCore a dit:
They do that in the wild also I guess. Especially in the sun, Amanita's also often develop spots like that. But if you don't trust it, just throw it away :)

second that.
Since it's only one shroom; i wouldn't bother.

faithless

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
3 Août 2007
Alright thanks for the replies, I'll keep it away first and eat it only if ''needed'' :)

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
You can try to eat it, it won't kill you. :wink:

faithless

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
3 Août 2007
Actually I made a mistake in my description.

The shroom was not ok when growing: it already started to grow the wrong way: The hat was much darker, and it was not growing regularly.

I still have like 2 shrooms (only) growing atm and they look as bad as the one I showed you.

I think my growbox is infected, but I don't know by what and how it affects my flushes.

Thanks for reading! (and answering)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
isnt it possible that the mushroom is mutating ?
I know it happens to plants sometimes..

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Its a P.Cubensis . Look at the shape of both stems , they are the same , typical for P.Cubensis . The one you are woried about shows the blueing reaction . You say that the first flush was Ok and then they started to grow strange . = something has changed = the temperature ? The amount of fresh air they get ? The humidity ? ........................ or bacteria . Dont take the easy way out and put it down to a bacteria that you cant see . Try to remember how the first flush was growing and get it back that way . The temperature where you live has just done a jump in the last few weeks so its probably that = its warmer = give it more fresh air .

Hopefully you have made zillions of spore prints for later......

"isnt it possible that the mushroom is mutating ? "

I have seen lots of mutated P.Cubensis but the mutations were never the same .

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
no but that's logical, that a mutation is never the same :)

but ok cool to know that it does happen with mushrooms aswell :)