Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

contamination?

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Goran.Hrsak please refrain from answers like this. You have no clue exactly what contams he is experiencing and your advice may cause him to end up sick. There are many known cases of people growing mushrooms a nasty illness because they did not throw away contaminated cakes.

I think your reply is very irresponsible although not intented that way.

Sentinall:

It is possible to deal with contams but the general consensus is that its not worth the risk. I know personally a guy that has had an extremely sore throat for 6 weeks cause he just wiffed a contamd jar. Considering the low costs of both substrate and spores, this is not something you want to mess with.

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
NO dont lisent to them!Cut with steril knife the afected cake and move it from other cakes if you have it.inffection cant do you no harm-it is not botulinum fungi&bacteria.But clean it good.you have this because to much water is somwear near or in the cakes and shroom will be eatable,and new flush will come on soon

They can do you a shit load of harm. None of us is qualified to know what mold it is exactly, which translates roughly to "throw it out and don't look back."

edit: Whoa, beaten twice while writing my reply :D

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Oke, I recently started to try mushrooms on my own (making the grow-boxes myself).
The first box was a big failure, but the second had more succes. First 3 flushes were succesfull, but tho I tried to work as much sterile as possible, I think now there is infection again. I trew away the box, but picked the last shrooms cause they were so beautifull big. I'm wondering if these black spots are really an infection, and are really dangerous to eat. Can anyone tell me?

Besmetting4.jpg

Besmetting5.jpg

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
nice shrooms.. could u make the pics bigger cuz I'm having a hard time to see what they look like? :lol:

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Well.. I only have one more picture about this mushroom :) :

Besmetting3.jpg

I'm wondering if the black color is a sign of infection, or is just a normal phenoma (I'm new into growing).

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Hmm.. nevermind, I just found out it are just spores :roll: .. hahaha :lol:
Well, Learned something again..

G

Invité
Hi everyone, I received my first growbox a few weeks ago, and now I'm wondering if something went wrong with them, the soil turned kinda black, and I don't know if the shrooms I've already picked up and/or the one that are still growing are/will be good to consume...

Here's a few pic, the one that are still growing first, then the ones I'm drying :

dscn5750dc3.jpg

dscn5751sa2.jpg

dscn5752gb9.jpg

dscn5753dz2.jpg

dscn5754wt9.jpg

dscn5749di1.jpg

dscn5755ih8.jpg

dscn5756vh5.jpg

Thank you guys :D

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
First flush or second. If its the second the black stuff could be spores otherwise its not good. Its looks also a bit slimy, is it ?

The shrooms look ok but many aborts and strange growing shrooms. Did you give it also enough air when the fruiting was taking place ? the ones that grow over the casing almost lying there normally form when there is not enough oxygen in the kit.

Also important how does the kit smell, does it smell like fresh forest and shrooms or other, this is normally the best way to tell is something is not good anymore, stick your nose in it , be careful though !

Oh and just out of curiosity, where did you get the kit ?

G

Invité
This is the second flush, so I suppose (and hope) that the black stuff must be spores, I think I picked the first flush a bit too late...

The kit comes from shay*****, I followed the instructions given with the kit, but I had to give it to someone for the last 10 days, and the guy sprayed them with water everyday, I not exactly sure that it was a good idea, but again, I'm just a newbie...

Gonna put my nose in it !

Kimli_Crea

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Mai 2007
hello,

I found a few black mushrooms recently in my growbox, think it might be some contamination but I'm not quite sure.
Send here some photogrpah for you to check
If it's one, do you think I could cure it and if it's possible, could you tell me how I can manage to do this?
Beforehand thanks

Picture
[/img]

G

Invité
Hmmmm, that does look like a contamination, but the picture is not really hi quality.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Quality enough for an expert i think...

To me it looks like mold..
Not that i'm an expert..

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It looks like some sort of bacteria to me , but the picture isnt realy good enough to see and say for sure . Can you take a few better fotos and post them . What has happened in the mean time , has it spread ? Does it smell ? Are they kept to dry , to wet , to cold or to hot ? As far as rescueing them , if its bacteria i think that the only choice you have is either to cut them out and throw them away and hope and pray , or to throw the whole culture away . Some antibiotics like Gentomycin have been used to stop bacteria on myceleum but others are also antimycotica .

It looks to me like a sort of Pseudomonas bacteria . You should isolate the culture if you have more than one . Try to keep your humidity under 92% and try to stop stagnant air = make your air circulation better .

Alejandro

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Fev 2008
those mushrooms are psilocybe cubensis from grow kit.. are they ok??

hippietrhggr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2008
i would not eat them that is for sure. but i am not an expert

Chr1s

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Fev 2008
The Psilocybin turns blue in reaction with oxygin, which could explain the blue spots/marks, that's it as far as my expertise goes. :)

Like the person above me, I'm not an expert

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
They look as if they've been cooked in the oven or something.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
You can try to make some tea from some, don't eat them.
Use a little to try how your body is reacting to it, if you stomach is going to hurt, then i advice you to throw them away.

But if someone have more experience with this, then forget what i said and listen to the expert(s) :wink:

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
blue is psychoactive substance as far as i know! my shrooms were blue too and they were really good... about the black i'm not sure... disease? dried too late??
harvested too late => spores ??

i am not an expert as well.

peace! :weedman: