Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Terrorist McKenna

maxfreakout

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
GOD a dit:
OH !!! MAX.....two good , positive , sensible post after eachother....... i new you werent realy a dick head and were only pretending in most of your other posts . Why not keep it up and continue giveing rational helpfull explenations ....... and stop the pain in the arse nothing is real shit and spreading doubts and confusion .

im not 'pretending' anything :roll:

nothing IS real!!!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
My body is a temple .

Stop being nauseus max . Everyone knows what you mean but platitudes dont help . Santa claus doesnt exist but he does because i sat on his knee when i was a kid . Blah , blah , blah . No one needs clever dicks or hot air , thats whats killing the planet .

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
restin a dit:
i think the word 'religion' is entirely meaningless unless it is understood in its true, LITERAL etymological sense (from the latin)

religion = re - ligio = RE-CONNECTING

the essence of true religion is the experience of reconnecting (ie re-establishing a broken link) to the divine source of existence, the wellspring from which the manifest universe emanates
Thanks for that. That's kinda my point. The Church and the Religions are two worlds.

Maybe in your intellectual ivory tower, but in practical reality they are one and the same.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
spice a dit:
Maybe in your intellectual ivory tower, but in practical reality they are one and the same.

i very much disagree with this, modern-era churches have lost all connection with the true meaning of religion, so it is completely false to connect them, churches have NOTHING TO DO with religion whatsoever

religion is about religious experience (which involves the body), churches actively discourage and demonise religous experience. They give you inactive placebo bread and wine in church, not entheogens

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
"The Church and the Religions are two worlds."

I dont want tro split hairs but thats exactly not the point. They are exactly the same . The church and religeons as they are have nothing to do with religeon . What you mean is the churches and the idea of religeon are two different things . The real meaning of religeon is virtualy the oposite of what is today acepted as religeon . Its looking for truth and not pretending we have it . Thats partly what i mean when i say i dont see any psychonauts here all i see is people running away and lying to themselves by getting blasted out of their brains . Psychonautism and religeon if followed through come to the same point .
No, then we have three things: the Church, the Religions and the Religion (or rather the religious experience). One is the institution, the other includes the Ideology, Tradition and Interconnection while the last is the Experience, the Idea.

"Its looking for truth and not pretending we have it ."

Yes and no. While I agree that the institution fails to do it, the Ideology does not really. I think that the idea of Christianity (as an ideology) tries to give some ideas how to get to "the right path", or at least, how the teachings are interpreted and therefore tries to lighten the way of truth. Well, it tries. 2000 years of history showed that this attempt failed. Nonetheless, I wouldn't set them as equal.
That's bullshit. I really don't get why you don't even try to understand what I say. Yes, the Church and the Dogma suppress the "true" idea of religion....which still doesn't set them as equals.
religion is about religious experience (which involves the body), churches actively discourage and demonise religous experience. They give you inactive placebo bread and wine in church, not entheogens
exactly.

UniversalConsciousness

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Avr 2009
Dude seriously to the OP, come off your high horse. I don't know many people who worship Terrance Mckenna like a prophet....Mckenna himself certainly preached against stupid dogma.

I find some of his ideas to be very interesting, but as a rationalist obviously I don't take too many of his hypothesized theories to seriously. I find the stoned ape theory to be quite fascinating, but I'm not saying it is on par with evolution or anything. Mckenna also never said those machine elves existed. If anything he's only pointing out that they represent the various archetypes and images of man.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
restin said:

That's bullshit. I really don't get why you don't even try to understand what I say. Yes, the Church and the Dogma suppress the "true" idea of religion....which still doesn't set them as equal

restin- it's NOT bullshit either.....and, sorry....but you are in an intellectual ivory tower pertaining to this issue.

It's practical reality, which determines the 'tone' of our daily life to a greater degree than splitting hairs over the definition of a word.....and I DO understand what you are saying but I consider your definition of 'religion' to be an ARCHAIC one. Not that that devalues it, but when you say 'religion' I will bet (and win) that more people mentally categorize it in the way I am describing than in the way you are, even though I personally am on the same bandwagon as you.

Your argument is the exact same one Rush Limbaugh uses to proclaim that he is a 'conservative'.

He may be a conservative in the *MODERN* sense of the word, as colloquially used, but he...is....NOT....conservative....he just likes the way it galvanizes people into agreeing with him......and most people aren't all that concerned that he isn't a TRUE constitutional conservative. Well, in this same vein, most people don't care that the 'religion' you are talking about is the real one, and the one everyone is consuming is false.

This is what Terence meant in 'The Archaic Revival', about going back to the older ideas....I get it, but the point is that if you want people to understand it better, then half of that burden falls on you to explain it better.

:)

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
maxfreakout a dit:
spice a dit:

i very much disagree with this, modern-era churches have lost all connection with the true meaning of religion, so it is completely false to connect them, churches have NOTHING TO DO with religion whatsoever

max, *I* already know all of this, and then some. You guys aren't approaching this correctly, *I* am not in need of convincing.....

the rest of the world is......

.....and the point isn't what I believe anyway, it's what the masses believe.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Brugmansia a dit:
I agree with you GOD, when you're stating that way too many individuals are attempting to adapt into McKenna's subjective realms.

But that doesn't necessarily mean you have to slag Terence for his angle of view, your subjective truth is in no way more accurate. Neither mine is. Or those of other forum members.

If you have any problems with groups of people who're standing with a pioneer who represents with what they're experiencing themselve, you'll struggle with a fundamental demeanour of the human character.

If you're looking for hymn yourself, which I belief is a fair wish for a human being, pull yourself together as yourself instead of trying to make a decomposition out of someone else who's sitting on a certain seat.
Agreed.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
spice a dit:
max, *I* already know all of this, and then some. You guys aren't approaching this correctly, *I* am not in need of convincing.....

the rest of the world is......

.....and the point isn't what I believe anyway, it's what the masses believe.

there is no point in trying to convince the brainwashed 'masses' that they havent got a clue about what religion is, that is an impossible task, but it is important to recognise it and agree amongst ourselves, the insiders, that the essence of true religion is religious experience

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
spice a dit:
restin- it's NOT bullshit either.....and, sorry....but you are in an intellectual ivory tower pertaining to this issue.

It's practical reality, which determines the 'tone' of our daily life to a greater degree than splitting hairs over the definition of a word.....and I DO understand what you are saying but I consider your definition of 'religion' to be an ARCHAIC one. Not that that devalues it, but when you say 'religion' I will bet (and win) that more people mentally categorize it in the way I am describing than in the way you are, even though I personally am on the same bandwagon as you.

This is what Terence meant in 'The Archaic Revival', about going back to the older ideas....I get it, but the point is that if you want people to understand it better, then half of that burden falls on you to explain it better.
I can reconcile with this. I am very much aware of what you say - what I ment was rather theoretical, personal. But I see we are clear on that. It actually is hard to explain to people who don't understand it. From my experience, it is either you meet someone who understands this topic precisely or does not at all.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Stop argueing about crap . There is a difference between "The" church / churches , religeons and religeon .

Its our duty to try to inform and help people . Its cowardly to lable people as to stupid to help or not worth helping . Its tough but....."when the going gets tough the tough get going" . Its one of the signs that a person has learned and understood and become an adult . Thinking of oneself , ego and judgeing people to be not worth it is the start of fashism . Its a trap on the way to the light , a test .

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Thinking of oneself , ego and judgeing people to be not worth it is the start of fashism . Its a trap on the way to the light , a test .

Sadly that to many people fall into this trap :roll:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
My opinion:

MaxFreakout's Opinion doesn't matter.

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
Sadly that to many people fall into this trap Rolling Eyes

Just as sad as people seeing terrorists in everyone. Thats whats the real facism is today