Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Terrorist McKenna

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I dont like where this thread is going . Its been hijacked by jesus , just like he does with lots of other threads where he just trys to cause trouble and makes no positive contribution . Can all the sane people here just ignore him please ( or tell him to fuck off ) and lets get back to where we were before he poluted this thread .

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
Haha, God and Jesus are fighting

But on topic, Mckenna did say lots of bullshit, but you got to admit - it sounds good in psytrance songs

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
I don't really see how he can be a terrorist.
Sounds like a big exaggerated claim.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"I don't really see how he can be a terrorist. Sounds like a big exaggerated claim."

Who ? ijesus ? What claim ?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Haha, God and Jesus are fighting
:D

I never was interested in McKenna and his fellows. I heard a reading by Leary and quit because it was so boring. The speech CM showed me was quite interesting though.

The question is, what role you give psychedelics in the role of the universe, of life, of human evolution. To be honest, I don't think that we have found truth by using psychedelics. Many such people are exaggerating. Psychedelics should not become the new religion.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
"To be honest, I don't think that we have found truth by using psychedelics."

No, but we found another way of looking at things, and that's a lot *closer* to the 'truth' than the petro-industro-rape-the-planet, or 'my religion says I can kill you' thought patterns we've been fed.

There shouldn't BE a new religion. Religion should be personal, and not an avenue for 'conversion'.

Remember, the first three letters in conversion are 'con'.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Now we are getting nearer to the point of the thread .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
No, but we found another way of looking at things, and that's a lot *closer* to the 'truth' than the petro-industro-rape-the-planet, or 'my religion says I can kill you' thought patterns we've been fed.

There shouldn't BE a new religion. Religion should be personal, and not an avenue for 'conversion'.

Remember, the first three letters in conversion are 'con'.
You are comparing two extremes instead of using two on the same level. A pot-and-acidhead who trips and tokes daily isn't nearer to truth than a responsible Christian who tries to help his fellows or an atheist who works for the red cross.

Do you all really think that Christ imagined his ideas to become dogma? Did you every try to understand what he said? Christian belief resp. our moral values are about freedom, compassion etc. It is dogmatization that makes it rotten. And therefore even psychedelics must not get a new religion. Imagine a voice from the microphone "Take some Acid - NOW".

That's why we don't need preachers.

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
GOD a dit:
"I don't really see how he can be a terrorist. Sounds like a big exaggerated claim."

Who ? ijesus ? What claim ?
You claiming McKenna to be a terrorist.
If he's a terrorist, hundreds of thousands of other people are terrorists too.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
restin a dit:
Do you all really think that Christ imagined his ideas to become dogma?

Inbetween.... have you ever read the Jesus Mysteries :roll:

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Inbetween.... have you ever read the Jesus Mysteries Rolling Eyes
Nope, is it some cool books revealing the "true" teachings of him or that he was a mushroom or an alien or a lizard?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I am not claiming that hes a terrorist . Point one hes dead so he cant be a terrorist and point two i wouldnt claim that if he was alive and point three i clearly defined what i think a terrorist is and he definately doesnt fit in that definition does he ?

The idea of the thread is to think about it . I put it in a way so that people would have to think about it ....... and to have a laugh at all the blind faith pseudo McKenna clones not even realy reading what i said / say and defending their jesus against things i havent said , dont mesan and dont think ........ proveing the point of the thread . = take the hero worship pink glasses off and start being realistic . The guy was a hero but he couldnt walk on water and his fan club isnt doing him or his ideas a favour by makeing them unquestionable dogma .

I`ll go into the what and why of what i`ve said and am trying to get across later . First a few more people will have to write some posts ........

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
restin said

"Do you all really think that Christ imagined his ideas to become dogma?"

No, I think he realized that people can fuck anything up.

Organized religion is closer to 'bad'

Than no religion at all.

I consider all the major religions as organized religions whose secret agenda involves a lot of recruitment.

I say fuck that, it's bullshit.

restin said- "You are comparing two extremes instead of using two on the same level. A pot-and-acidhead who trips and tokes daily isn't nearer to truth than a responsible Christian who tries to help his fellows or an atheist who works for the red cross"

I think either way of looking at is revealing, actually.

Of the three examples you gave, I would say that an atheist who works for the Red Cross is 'practicing what they preach' more effectively than the other two.

I'd say the responsible Christian who tries to help his fellows is only doing OK....
(because he doesn't realize that you don't NEED God in order to be 'good'....
you just need to understand what the hell is inside your head.)

.....and you don't really give any info about the druggies, other than to slightly imply that they had no positive effect on their contemporaries whatsoever.....

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

Than no religion at all.
I am tired of repeating that I am not talking about organized religion. Fuck organized religion.

Ah forget it, you don't get my point.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
it really annoys me when i read people's DMT trip reports that have just BLATANTLY ripped off Mckenna's DMT trip report, people should be original and describe what THEY experience in THEIR own words

but Mckenna was totally invaluable to me when my eyes were first opened by the entheogens, his words meant so much to me, they made so much sense, so i will always owe a debt of gratitude to him for that....

But i certainly dont think he was the final word on the subject of the entheogen experience

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
restin a dit:

Than no religion at all.
I am tired of repeating that I am not talking about organized religion. Fuck organized religion.

Ah forget it, you don't get my point.

i think the word 'religion' is entirely meaningless unless it is understood in its true, LITERAL etymological sense (from the latin)

religion = re - ligio = RE-CONNECTING

the essence of true religion is the experience of reconnecting (ie re-establishing a broken link) to the divine source of existence, the wellspring from which the manifest universe emanates

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
OH !!! MAX.....two good , positive , sensible post after eachother....... i new you werent realy a dick head and were only pretending in most of your other posts . Why not keep it up and continue giveing rational helpfull explenations ....... and stop the pain in the arse nothing is real shit and spreading doubts and confusion .

And no ..... this doesnt mean i fancy a fuck .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
i think the word 'religion' is entirely meaningless unless it is understood in its true, LITERAL etymological sense (from the latin)

religion = re - ligio = RE-CONNECTING

the essence of true religion is the experience of reconnecting (ie re-establishing a broken link) to the divine source of existence, the wellspring from which the manifest universe emanates
Thanks for that. That's kinda my point. The Church and the Religions are two worlds.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"The Church and the Religions are two worlds."

I dont want tro split hairs but thats exactly not the point. They are exactly the same . The church and religeons as they are have nothing to do with religeon . What you mean is the churches and the idea of religeon are two different things . The real meaning of religeon is virtualy the oposite of what is today acepted as religeon . Its looking for truth and not pretending we have it . Thats partly what i mean when i say i dont see any psychonauts here all i see is people running away and lying to themselves by getting blasted out of their brains . Psychonautism and religeon if followed through come to the same point .