Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Terrorist McKenna

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
This guy and the loony faction of his fan club are well on the way to causeing as much trouble as jewses and the bible have throughout the last few thousand years all over the planet . Some of you are starting to turn even the crazyest things he said into dogma , into infalible and undenyable "facts" and are preaching them . For fucks sake even GOD wasnt perfect..... or he wouldnt have created all the blind faith dumb fuck dick heads that believe in machine elves , time wank zero and all the other stupid .... druged up......ideas Terry had . The next thing will be when people start opening churches and claiming he was born of a virgin and threatening to burn people who arent so dumb . Then maybe we can have a war to save the planet against / from anyone who has a brain and can think for themselves .

Wake up dumb fucks .

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Maybe you could write your own books and do your own talks :idea:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
This is what I think is hilarious:

My friend was trying to get me to read this book "2012 Return of Quetzecoutl"

I read some pages and it was pretty interesting I must admit. But it revolved around McKenna, and I kind of giggled inside. I told my friend I thought McKenna was a smart guy, but his logic has no meaning in reality, and he thinks machine elves are form a 4th demension and are going to tell us secrets about the future.

He said "yeah but McKenna found this equation for a 64-sided fractal and it has only 64 figures, he put in these numbers and dates came up of significant events like 9/11 and WWII and then Dec 28 2012 or 12-28-2012."

I said thats funny.. Where did he get the numbers to plug into the equation. Im also sure you read it wrong because IF there is an equation, then it goes on indefinitely, and does not have 64 figures. If it DOES have 64 figures, there is not a mathmatically significant equation to plug anything in.

He kind of didn't know what I was saying and told me that it came from some buddhist temple that has many of these fractals, etc...

I told him McKenna is a crack pot that has had a lucky fun life and made a pretty awesome living from it.

McKenna would be a great fiction writer, if only he knew he was writing fiction.

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
McKenna has some good, quiet acceptable theories imo. Besides that, he also spreads a lot of BS.
Always read his books critically, just like any other book. It's not true because one says so, but i found it nice to think about his ideas.

His stoned ape theory for instance, could be true in some way... Not in the same way as mckenna says in his book "food of the gods",
but it's imo very acceptable that psychedelic substances have played an important role in how human culture, especially religions and traditions, began.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
IJesusChrist a dit:
He said "yeah but McKenna found this equation for a 64-sided fractal and it has only 64 figures, he put in these numbers and dates came up of significant events like 9/11 and WWII and then Dec 28 2012 or 12-28-2012."

I once saw this docu where a mathematician made fun of numerologists - he made a formula to explain the world through the dimensions of a dutch bicycle. He took the input numbers from the length of pedal, the length of the chain, the diameter of the tires, and so on. With these numbers he was able to calculate everything from pi, over fibonacci sequences to important dates in history.

His point was: if you want to get i.e. the result 12282012 (for 12-28-2012) from any kind of numbers, you can. You just have to make up the right formula.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Maybe you could write your own books and do your own talks "

I had a deal with a book publisher to publish a book but i decided that i`d rather give the information away ........ thats one of the things i`m doing on this forum . ( The deal is still posible as i`ve still got a book idea in reserve ) .

I also made a short video about drugs and the bible with a pofi from an advertiseing company but again i wasnt into comerce so i give the ideas away here .

I`ve organised several demos , lectures and meetings and given cources in plant extraction to .

Strangely enough no one ever moaned or critisised one single word i said........ probabky because it was all good sound sense that i backed up with facts and i didnt start telling people my druged up ideas were factlike Terry did .

Fame and fortune are not my goals , i`d rather spread ideas and get people to think .

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I agree with you GOD, when you're stating that way too many individuals are attempting to adapt into McKenna's subjective realms.

But that doesn't necessarily mean you have to slag Terence for his angle of view, your subjective truth is in no way more accurate. Neither mine is. Or those of other forum members.

If you have any problems with groups of people who're standing with a pioneer who represents with what they're experiencing themselve, you'll struggle with a fundamental demeanour of the human character.

If you're looking for hymn yourself, which I belief is a fair wish for a human being, pull yourself together as yourself instead of trying to make a decomposition out of someone else who's sitting on a certain seat.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I never met anyone who blindly believed in machine elves, timewave zero and his other more wild theories.
Mckenna is not that bad. I enjoyed his books and talks very much.
There are people on the psychedelic scene who I think are much worse.

Personally I don't like Daniel Pinchbeck.
And I also think Michael hoffmann of egodeath.com sells a lot of BS.

Fact is there are a lot of people I disagree with.
But I don't go around moaning and bitching about it all the time.
:lol:

This mckenna bashing is getting old.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
My friend believes in time-wave zero.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
The only thing I have come to understand by objectivity is inter-subjectivity.

Ossified body-language is a rotting corpse IMO.

The forum cannot peform at sufficiently effective fields, like eye-to-eye for example, to record the testimony of communication objectively. It's a bet and usually, if you have to explain it from the bottom, you're wasting your time.

This is an awesome anthropology lab.

I point to the fact, just to make it clear, that this is probably not Mckenna's fault [I agree with GOD as Brugmansia did]. He's probably just laughing to the people taking him seriously if you ask me.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I consider uncle Terry as equivalent to Homer: he wrote great mythology, was part of the culturalization of psychedelics through first art and then myth. He played his role well and sparked a lot of interest in people. We have since become more organized, churching our way into the 21st century. It is almost time to have a renaissance. We need people like da Vinci, Ficino, Bach, Dante, Shakespeare. And after that we need people like Voltaire, Leibniz, Spinoza, Kant and another Hegel. Give us our goddamn Psychedelic Nietzsche, our Baudelaire.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
To call a writer a terrorist is way over to top if you ask me.
Writing books and speaking out your ideas is not terrorism.

ochho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mar 2009
Forkbender a dit:
I consider uncle Terry as equivalent to Homer: he wrote great mythology, was part of the culturalization of psychedelics through first art and then myth. He played his role well and sparked a lot of interest in people. We have since become more organized, churching our way into the 21st century. It is almost time to have a renaissance. We need people like da Vinci, Ficino, Bach, Dante, Shakespeare. And after that we need people like Voltaire, Leibniz, Spinoza, Kant and another Hegel. Give us our goddamn Psychedelic Nietzsche, our Baudelaire.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to live in a time like this, a "Psychedelic Renaissance" so to say... when psychedelics have been accepted by the community, and are no longer feared, criticized, misjudged. And I wonder how much more will we know about ourselves and mankind, and how would it affect our current society? A more peaceful, wise, society overall? Or would it go the other way, in a spiral of abuse and madness..

Personally, I think that if they were more incorporated into our culture and education, we would see this kind of "understanding, and respect" towards psychedelics..but how long must we wait until we reach such a stage in humanity? 100 years? 200 years? Forever?

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I tend to agree more with forkbenders reasoning on Terence.

I have heard some things from Terence that were very rational and reasonable, and I am aware of some outrageous things from him too....but some of the things he was saying, I can't recall anyone else saying at the time.....give him credit for inspiring a lot of people to explore areas that were esoteric and mysterious. What's wrong with that?

Every area has its wackos and fanatics, those who take things a little too far.....so it's no different than anything else, in my eyes.......but be certain, no one ever discovered anything sitting at home.

Fork, you said:

" We need people like da Vinci, Ficino, Bach, Dante, Shakespeare. And after that we need people like Voltaire, Leibniz, Spinoza, Kant and another Hegel. Give us our goddamn Psychedelic Nietzsche, our Baudelaire."

These people are already here......they are everywhere.....but the sheer multitude of voices produces a crappy signal-to-noise level.....placing the burden of recognizing what 'is' and 'isn't' valuable on the average person, and this is where the problem is.

Who to follow?

Who to listen to?

Who to believe?

Those figures you named, all were instrumental in us understanding certain aspects of the human condition and psyche, they were like candles in a darkened room, helping us understand ourselves and our potentials....

But what is needed now, is better light than candles. We need to know WHERE TO GO with what we know about ourselves, how to perpetuate a really 'good' lifestyle....

How do we break our appetite for manipulating each other endlessly?

How do you have a society based on mutual respect and peace?

How do you eliminate government?

Now, I'm sure if anyone is still reading this they are wondering what the fuck it has to do with Uncle Terence.....well, he talked about all of these things, and more, if one paid enough attention, and he had a dislike for the government, which for sure means he had some sense.

Sure he said some crazy shit, we all do......

I'd still rather read what he wrote than 99% of the shit I see on the internet.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
just like when reading anything,
people stilll have to use their heads to filter out what to keep and what to discard. because shits crazy with psychedelics like alice and wonderland.
even the chesire cat didnt make much sense

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
This wasnt ment to be a for or against , bash or lick saint terrys arse . He was a genius and did VERY much for our scene.......BUT its getting like religeon . Like christian scientists and other crazy religeous fundaMENTALists argueing if jesus had an arse because it doesnt say in the bible that he ever had a shit . ( OH!!! My terrance !!!! He must have been holy . He must have been gods son as it doesnt say in any of his books or other info that he went for a shit = he must have been so holy that his arse healed up !!!!! Shit . I shall go and sacrefice 100 virgins , burn a few wiches and as many new born males as i can find ) .

Example . Levis . When i was a kid they had a life time garantee = if you ever got a hole in them you could take them back and get a new pair FREE !!! Then they got taken over by the masses as a fashion object and are now to expensive for any rational person to buy and are made of material as thick and dureable as 3 ply shit paper ........ and guess what ????...... they have no garantee .

The same goes for any fashion . It gets popular . No one questions anymore , people start to believe stupid things and that kills it because the reasons why it became popular arent there anymore . Another example is music.....like psytrance . It was the answer to pop music , to she loves you blah blah shit and comerce . Now its got so popular that it isnt it anymore and its become pop music where there is no trance anymore and just posers and tourists fill partys . Shit partys with stars and VIPs that cost a fortune to get into . Perfect examples are VooV or the love parade in Berlin wich became "The east German pissed out of their brains kiddy parade " and died . ( Thank god ) .

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Spice speaks wise, however people who listen to Terry tend to get indulged in his thinking.

He has said some great things about anthropology, and the evolution of mankind in the realm of psychadelics possible affects, however I believe in his old age he is getting far to carried away.

Either he is going crazy from use, or he taking his popularity and running with it. I cannot say, but his new ideas are getting far too out there.

"2012 will not be the end of humn kind, it will be the beggining of new dimensions and our psyche's will be forwarded into new places never possible before" etc... to even lightly take this seriously proves one to follow him far too much.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
Anyone who can read history with both her brain hemispheres knows the universe is destroyed and reconstructed every time-space planck jumpy jump.

When he says those things (^) it is my impression he refers to the fact that the world is produced by us. It's nothing but the, quite modern, notion of the mysterious human agency.

The path is open. We are responsible. Anything can happen.