Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
In what way are the "10" comandments bullshit ? Please explain about them comming from the egyptians .

Budism is not a religeon its a philosophy / a belief system .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Is a belief system a religeon ?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
To tell the truth , without wanting to be disrespectfull to you , i dont care what it is . It is what it is . The only reason i joined in this thread was to say that for me there are to many people talking rubbish about karma . I dont think it exists in the way most people do .

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
GOD a dit:
To tell the truth , without wanting to be disrespectfull to you , i dont care what it is . It is what it is . The only reason i joined in this thread was to say that for me there are to many people talking rubbish about karma . I dont think it exists in the way most people do .

So you are not interested in discussing karma. :(
Then why did you ask me to explain.

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
FluidDruid a dit:
magickmumu a dit:
Horrigan a dit:
Karma is bullshit, why the hell would we have an "amount of judgement" indicator ?
Assuming karma is true is assuming that god exists and that he's as stupid as us.

Indeed Karma is BS. A believe system.

Im sorry Horrigan but Buddhists do not believe in a monotheistic god, and whose to say the 10 Commandments aren't bullshit. The fact that the sacred tablet was borrowed from the Egyptians really gives me a laugh. Are you an alcoholic, because the flesh of the gods and other hallucinogens definitely do not teach this kind of ignorance. Please do reply.
I hate alcohol.
Sure buddhists do not believe in a god watching them.
However, I consider buddhism very close to what a religion is. In fact, I consider it's a religion.
I only understand karma in a religious way, I just can't imagine why karma would exist if god does not, what would be its purpose ? I only see one: being judged. Who would judge you if it's not god ?

Maybe buddhists don't believe in a god and believe in karma anyway, thinking it will have a consequence on their next incarnation...
But how could a good or bad karma affect your "next life" if there is no god to make a decision about it ?

Karma and God just can't be separated.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Horrigan a dit:
Sure buddhists do not believe in a god watching them.
However, I consider buddhism very close to what a religion is. In fact, I consider it's a religion.
I only understand karma in a religious way, I just can't imagine why karma would exist if god does not, what would be its purpose ? I only see one: being judged. Who would judge you if it's not god ?

Maybe buddhists don't believe in a god and believe in karma anyway, thinking it will have a consequence on their next incarnation...
But how could a good or bad karma affect your "next life" if there is no god to make a decision about it ?

Karma and God just can't be separated.

Dear Horrigan

I don't understand what you are talking about.
What do you mean with god. Hindus don't believe in god they believe in Brahman.
Buddhist don't believe in god, they take refuge in the Buddha.
Which God are you talking about?

Why can't karma and god be separated. Is there no cause and effect without a god.
Or the other way round.?

Karma is a philosophical concept, and it exist as such.

And what's up with the Judgement punishment sin and guild trip?
Eastern religion's are not that strong on the these subjects.

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
I'm not talking about any particular god, I'm not talking about buddhism or religions, I'm just talking about karma.

Karma may be a philosophical concept, but I can't believe it's true as it would imply there is a god watching our karmas to decide what to do with us. Why would it exist else ?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Why would karma, imply a god watching and judging our lifes ?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

There seems to be a diffrence between Christian/western concept , and the eastern concept of karma.

from wikipedia

Law of Karma
All living creatures are responsible for their karma — their actions and the effects of their actions — and for their release from samsara. The concept can be traced back to the early Upanishads.

The Esoteric Christian tradition, Essenian and later Rosicrucian schools teach it as the "Law of Cause and Consequence/Effect".[9] However, this western esoteric tradition adds that the essence of the teachings of Christ is that the law of sin and death may be overcome by the Love of God, which will restore immortality.[10] Basically, what you do in the past effects your future. Do good things good things happen do bad things bad things happen.

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
Do good things good things happen do bad things bad things happen
How could that be possible without a god ? If it's not god, it's the universe laws. As for that, I don't believe that universe can make the difference between what is morally good and what is morally bad. Good/bad is a purely subjective concept.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
You are talking about the western/Christian view on karma (cause and effect)
I was talking about the Eastern Hindu/Buddhist concept of Karma.
Buddhist don't believe in god. Hindu's don't believe in god.

Please read my post again. I think you misunderstood me.

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
magickmumu a dit:
I was talking about the Eastern Hindu/Buddhist concept of Karma.
Buddhist don't believe in god. Hindu's don't believe in god.
Yes, and I criticize them for not being coherant, if they were, they would believe in god, or rather not believe in karma.

I think karma cannot be imaginated without a god, that's my opinion.

Negating that and saying karma is possible without a god is saying that there is a law somewhere in the universe that will make good things happen to you when you do good things and bad things when you do bad things. How could such a law judge what is good and what is bad if that law is not god ?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Law of Karma
All living creatures are responsible for their karma â€

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Because it's cause and effect.

I am still fighting against such a definition of the world although I didn't find the ultimate counter- argument by now. But I am seeking.....

GOD a dit:
Your karma had already been aplied when you fell off the cliff so believing that karma might make it less harsh wouldnt make much sense .

As I said, I don't believe in karma as the ultimate whatever. I see it as just the way you look at the world (positive/negative).

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
Karma is a positive or negative value that everybody has (according to buddhism and other oriental religions), you can have a good karma or you can have a bad karma.
If you do good things you will have a good karma.
If you do bad things you will have a bad karma.
That's why good and bad.

But good and bad doesn't exist, it's subjective, someone killing children, as horrible as it is, probably considers that what he's doing is good.

So, the hypothetical "universal karma law" will need a reference of what is good and what is bad to judge if you are good enough to escape samsara.
The only logical reference would be god.

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Karma is a literal translation from Sanskrit meaning Action. Siddartha Goutama the first Buddhist and founder of the eight noble truths figured out a way to escape samsara and enter nirvana. Part of that plan is karma. The judgement of Good and Bad references to your SELF. What ever you determine YOURSELF to be Good is Good Karma, and Good Action, Good Doing. Your just arguing against yourself.