Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

magickmumu

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
magickmumu a dit:
Karma is something to be understood on different levels.
One level is religious doctrine
Another one is political level. This is what God is talking about.
Using karma to keep people down.
On the other hand there is the spiritual or I how like to call it energetic level to it.
I never use the word karma. When I am describing something like karma I always call it energy.
Everybody puts out energy. Karma yoga is a way to try and purify this energy.

I am sure you all are familiar with the bhagavadgita.
If you want to know about karma this is the best place to start.

Karma yoga is described as acting without attachment.
Acting without being attached to the fruits of the actions.

Karma has to do with reincarnation.
It's easy to see how this philosophy can easily be missused.
Reincarnation is a perfect way to keep people down.
Brahmanism has his own ugly side. In the gita for example there is this hostility towards woman

I understand karma as cause and effect. This circle of cause and effect goes on beyond dead, despite the fact if you believe in reincarnation.

The concept of karma comes out of India, where they also believe in reincarnation or not.
When I am talking about Karma I am not talking about reincarnation.

The word karma means action or deed. I understand karma to be about what you do, not about what happens to you.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Sounds pretry confused to me . Your karma is what happens to you because of how you have lived / what you have done .

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
Karma is bullshit, why the hell would we have an "amount of judgement" indicator ?
Assuming karma is true is assuming that god exists and that he's as stupid as us.

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
Horrigan a dit:
Karma is bullshit, why the hell would we have an "amount of judgement" indicator ?
Assuming karma is true is assuming that god exists and that he's as stupid as us.
Maybe it's just our own conscience that decides :p.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Horrigan is exactly right . If it were me that decided i would rape and pilage and decide i was doing it in jesus name for love and peace and that my karma should be wonderfull . Wheres the balance ? Who decides ? Why should 2 people or anyone decide correctly ? There would have to be a mass desicion , a standard balance and something that judges .

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
Maybe it's just our own conscience that decides
In that case karma is just the moral judgement we attribute to ourselves.
Else we decide that it's morally good to judge ourselves on moral questions, or else we decide it's useless. I consider that doing the first way is being a believer of the god "good-willingness".
I can't consider karma without considering the concept of a god watching our good/bad actions.

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
GOD a dit:
Horrigan is exactly right . If it were me that decided i would rape and pilage and decide i was doing it in jesus name for love and peace and that my karma should be wonderfull . Wheres the balance ? Who decides ? Why should 2 people or anyone decide correctly ? There would have to be a mass desicion , a standard balance and something that judges .
I believe in things such as the unconscious and perhaps even the collective unconscious, so if I were to do such a thing, on the surface I might feel very secure about the stuff I am doing, but deep inside me, perhaps I won't even notice, there is a feeling that what I'm doing is wrong.

well at least I hope it's this way....

Horrigan a dit:
Maybe it's just our own conscience that decides
In that case karma is just the moral judgement we attribute to ourselves.
Else we decide that it's morally good to judge ourselves on moral questions, or else we decide it's useless. I consider that doing the first way is being a believer of the god "good-willingness".
I can't consider karma without considering the concept of a god watching our good/bad actions.
Here's the concept of God in my line of thought: All is one, that oneness is God, so we are all God's, so why not judging yourself?

And I'm not talking about moral judgement or things you can talk yourself into, I'm talking about a feeling inside one's heart.

Oh and I think nothing is either good or bad, just in correspondance with love (=the unity, God) or not.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Karma is a budist concept and they dont believe in god . I dont see that you are realy saying anything diferent than Horrigan and me . There must be a generaly valid desision aparatus , a generaly acepted standard and a universal desicion . Sounds like god to me .

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
GOD a dit:
Karma is a budist concept and they dont believe in god . I dont see that you are realy saying anything diferent than Horrigan and me . There must be a generaly valid desision aparatus , a generaly acepted standard and a universal desicion . Sounds like god to me .
nevermind...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What was the point in saying that ?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If you have something to say say it and dont try to play stupid psycho games .

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
GOD a dit:
If you have something to say say it and dont try to play stupid psycho games .
Getting a little grumpy? :p

My previous post was exactly what I wanted to say, more than that misses the point.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"more than that misses the point."

For you maybe . For me not . Do you live in a world alone ? Cant you comunicate ?

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
GOD a dit:
"more than that misses the point."

For you maybe . For me not . Do you live in a world alone ? Cant you comunicate ?
you got me there :p alright I"ll try... but with a different approach

I think life's all about living from your heart, once you do that people around you pick it up and start doing good things for you. That's karma I think. This has already come around in the topic I guess, but this united the concept of God and stuff, because as I said I see God as the unity in all, just everything that exists. And I think there are two polarities, + (love) and - (fear). The universe exists, so it's a + and can therefore only exist because of love :p. So being in tune with your heart is being in tune with God.

You can feel when you're living from your heart (at least I can), I found this out recently and everything has gone a lot better since I started doing that.

Hope you can follow it.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thank you . We have very similar thoughts .

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Horrigan a dit:

Indeed Karma is BS. A believe system.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
GOD a dit:

Karma is not a Buddhist concept.
It's a Hindu concept.

(I don't want to prove the existence of karma.)

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
magickmumu a dit:
Horrigan a dit:

Indeed Karma is BS. A believe system.

Im sorry Horrigan but Buddhists do not believe in a monotheistic god, and whose to say the 10 Commandments aren't bullshit. The fact that the sacred tablet was borrowed from the Egyptians really gives me a laugh. Are you an alcoholic, because the flesh of the gods and other hallucinogens definitely do not teach this kind of ignorance. Please do reply.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Hinduism is a ethnic religion, while Buddhism is a world religion.
The Buddhist concept of karma is different from the Hindu concept.
The Hindu's have a caste system. The general believe is that you reincarnate into higher and higher caste.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma_in_Buddhism

from wikipedia

[edit] Incorrect understandings of karma
In Buddhism, karma is not pre-determinism, fatalism or accidentalism, as all these ideas lead to inaction and destroy motivation and human effort. These ideas undermine the important concept that a human being can change for the better no matter what his or her past was, and they are designated as "wrong views" in Buddhism.

Pubbekatahetuvada: The belief that all happiness and suffering arise from previous karma (Past-action determinism).
Issaranimmanahetuvada: The belief that all happiness and suffering are caused by the directives of a Supreme Being (Theistic determinism).
Ahetu-apaccayavada: The belief that all happiness and suffering are random, having no cause (Indeterminism or Accidentalism).

In Buddhism, karma is simply there as a guide and an indication of what the reason for your present state is and how one's future can be made better by self effort. Fatalism and pre-determinism is the antithesis of the notion of perfection or self-conquest—which is the primary aim of Buddhism.

[1]