Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Your just arguing against yourself."

And you havent read the thread . Sid gautama SAID he found a way .

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
maybe it is hard to think of good and bad as in this context, you need to put it into the "whole picture" of what really IS good and bad.

maybe also that is hard to imagine for some... in my opinion the "general" perspective of what is good and bad, would be defined by what everyone thinks to be good and bad ...

in other words: good and bad wouldn't be like 1 fixed idea or something, but more like the interwoven beliefs of what good and bad for everybody is and thinking of the idea of karma, that could be something like the interference of the beliefs of what good and bad is and the consequences that result from every individual's doing and the "judging part of it".... the actions or doings from the indivuals then would form a "good deed" or a "bad deed", according to each individual's belief of what that would be for him/her....

for example one considers the deed of another person a good deed and another doesn't so maybe one person would be negative about the action and another would be positive, yet both persons would be potentially an influence either negative or positive to the third person....

so yes good and bad is subjective, yet considering karma, good and bad seems to have more layers than we might be able to perceive.

peace. :weedman:

micro

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Jan 2009
Forkbender a dit:
Like Osho said: karma is bullshit. You need to work your ass off to clean all the bad things from your past, meanwhile making more mistakes, generating more karma to be dealt with, making you work even harder, making even more mistakes and so on. You would need too many lives to clear your tab. Just forgetting about karma is the only way to deal with this. Stop feeling guilty and start to live for a change.

Reading that, made me kind of relieved.
Well recently I've been trying to stop believing in karma so hard. I used to feel such a smartass when I was talking for others about reingarnation, karma and some buddhist stuff i had read.

But for example, I do steal lots of stuff (cosmetics) from the shops, but only things i really also need, i'm not cleptomanic (c'mon, you save money.. ). So that, would make me earn bad karma if adding the moral issue here.
But then again, shops threw lots of their unsold stuffs to trashcan, so it goes waste and that's not ecological, so if somebody picks the stuff up before it goes to the trash (even if not paying), that's ecological and since the word 'ecological' is porbably the favorite word of 21st century, it must be good karma?

As one of my history teachers used to say "everything is accepted/good, if it's justified well enough"

EDIT; ok after reading the whole thread, i guess i'll just quit with the karma issue in my head and focus on other things.

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
to me karma is just a way of keeping yourself happy and conscious about things that you do .

If you do good things , help others, do no harm . you will feel better about yourself , and incoming difficulties or problems wont seem so bad as if you were mad , sad, nervous , agitated, on the perception that you are conscious of bad acts that have been done.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
micro a dit:
But for example, I do steal lots of stuff (cosmetics) from the shops, but only things i really also need, i'm not cleptomanic (c'mon, you save money.. ). So that, would make me earn bad karma if adding the moral issue here.
Karma simply means 'acting, making, doing, working'. If you steal, you'll have an immediate and a delayed reaction. The delayed reaction is that sooner or later you're going to become too self-confident about your skills, so that you'll get busted. The immediate reaction is that you install a program into your brain that will always make you tense when you're in shops, and often just feel bad about being a thief. If you ever get paranoid after smoking a couple of bong hits, stop stealing for a couple of months and you'll see that you can enjoy your high better.

Living a life of absolute honesty and transparency will have the immediate effect of allowing you to be relaxed at all times, and you'll never have to deal with lies being exposed, being busted for shoplifting, being caught cheating etc.

So don't see karma as something that happens in another life, or as some type of punishment, but the way certain actions affect your mind immediately, and the way they affect your life.

so if somebody picks the stuff up before it goes to the trash (even if not paying), that's ecological and since the word 'ecological' is porbably the favorite word of 21st century, it must be good karma?
That's absolute bullshit. Most products, especially cosmetics, will get sold. What you're doing is lowering the profits of the shops, and because of you and other "ecologically minded people", there have to be more cameras and other anti-shoplifting equipment in shops, and prices have to be raised again and again.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
greenwizard a dit:
to me karma is just a way of keeping yourself happy and conscious about things that you do .

If you do good things , help others, do no harm . you will feel better about yourself , and incoming difficulties or problems wont seem so bad as if you were mad , sad, nervous , agitated, on the perception that you are conscious of bad acts that have been done.
Holy crap, I didn't read that before I answered micro's post... Seems we have very similar views on time and karma.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I used to think that i had fun breaking some laws , now one of my hobbys is not breaking laws and i asure you it feels realy good , much better than breaking them . What caduceus just said about it is very true . It doesnt pay in any way .

HazardousDavis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Fev 2009
'How people treat you is their Karma. How you react is yours'.

I view Karma as a monitoring system of my actions.

I can personally feel inside of me, physically, for example, when I am not telling the truth to someone.
As a result, this has an consequential effect on me.
Therefore, this helps me to take responsibility for the things I do, and monitor the things I do in my life.

As someone said on here, it helps me to 'live from the heart' and take a more conscious approach to how I react / treat situations and people etc.

You will experience / have experienced people treating you badly in your life.
Everyone has.
Sometimes you will think you have deserved it, (Karma moving in a cycle).
Other times, you can find no explanation, even if there is one or even if there is not one.
But it is not the fact that you are being treated badly which I find most important to focus on.
More importantly, I find it more important to concentrate on how I am going to react.
Instead of thinking 'Oh no, what did I do to make this happen to me?' 'It is more useful, I think, to look at how you will react, as this reaction will contribute to shaping your future.

For example, I used to steal food out of supermarket bins, over the period of three months.
I didn't judge this as 'wrong'.
As a result of taking this food, nothing that I judged as 'bad' happened to me. For example, I did not get ill, I did not get sick, I did not etc etc

'''Karma can only exist if there is a God to judge'''' - I think this is true.
But I think that the thing we call 'God', could be 'the balance of energy'. Not 'someone sat in the sky'.
Disrupting equilibrium / balance could be viewed as 'bad'.
Creating equilibrium / balance could be viewed as 'good'.

Ultimately, could it be that this 'balance of energy' or 'God' who naturally decides the consequential action?

I think we as humans interpret the consequential action as a means of survival. I.e. we label the consequential as either 'good' or 'bad' so we can structure ourselves/lives around our judgements.

This term, 'Karma' can apply to your present life. - Your reaction to how people treat you, is your 'Karma'.

If you believe in re-incarnation, Karma can also apply to you past and future lives too.

It works in both cases.

Other things -

The topic of the Holocaust is a difficult one.
I would say with reference to the quote above;
how the Jews were treated by the Nazis, was not the Jews' Karma.
It wasn't because the Jews had sinned ( I don't think) or that they were 'bad' people. How the Nazis treated the Jews was the Nazi's Karma.
But how the Jews reacted to this treatment, was the Jews Karma.

It's a tough subject to explain, but I personally find 'karma' a valuable monitoring system in my life, and I can't ignore it / deny it.

But please share more thoughts with what I have written, as I definitely don't know it all!
Cheers

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Welcome to the forum HazardousDavis .

HazardousDavis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Fev 2009
Thankin ye 'GOD'

I had a revelation just after I posted the above, typical haha!

It was from watching the video (
)

.. Basically, to sum it up, Karma is made up of : Binding or Liberating Actions.

As humans, we have come to label these actions as 'good' or 'bad' but really, they are 'binding' or 'liberating'
And that, GOD my friend, might help to answer your question / thoughts about 'Can Karma exist without a God to judge?'

Hope that made sense,

Peace and Rice

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
greenwizard a dit:

Holy crap, I didn't read that before I answered micro's post... Seems we have very similar views on time and karma.

haha thinking connections . that's just my distortion of karma out of the basic Buddhist doctrine. since i don't believe in religion. But some very good features can be adapted from religious doctrines and dogmas.

micro

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Jan 2009
HazardousDavis a dit:
As a result of taking this food, nothing that I judged as 'bad' happened to me. For example, I did not get ill, I did not get sick, I did not etc etc
agreed, we make life be the way we are and react etc.

''Karma can only exist if there is a God to judge''
So whatever that God prefers to... But at first I read that sentece I was thinking that it doesn't kinda fit, because then karma has to be different for buddhists, because they don't have any certain God there.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Im pretty sure karma exists only if you want it to exist... it's one of those paradox type things.

I LIKE believeing in karma, so yes it exists. If I didn't believe in karma, it would be back to the entire deterministic viewpoint that makes me want to put lead in my head.