Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Nihilism in a nice package :lol:

Who says only negative things come from a butterfly effect? Knowing what "seeds" you "plant" give it some degree of steerability.

The macroscopic world is still deterministic in big lines...

Toxica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Déc 2005
Karma is real...
It is causal effects, true and impartial.
Every one gets what he deserves to get. In this world or life or in another.
Karma can be cumulatived (karma of past lives) or real, karma of this life...
And karmic punishment can be overcame by yourself through different sufferings or can be relooked through...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Every one gets what he deserves to get"

How can you say something as evil as that ? Did 6 million jews earn being gassed . Did all the cripled , tortured , murdered , poor , ill people who have ever lived earn it ? What had all of those people done wrong ? How do you know ? PROVE IT .

Karma doesnt exist .

Toxica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Déc 2005
Those people can work off the karma of their past lifes.
And what about killed, murdered - what if they can do something realy horrible in future?

Everything is in our hands, including karma.
It's not too difficult to get good karma and then the world around you begin to change - you start to attract positive events, aspects and people into your life.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
How can you say something as evil as that ? Did 6 million jews earn being gassed . Did all the cripled , tortured , murdered , poor , ill people who have ever lived earn it ? What had all of those people done wrong ? How do you know ? PROVE IT .

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Interesting how similar that is to the Christian perspective of some people, eg. when Katrina wiped New Orleans it was because "they had sinned".

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Isnt it called religeous fundamentalism , with the emphasis on mental .

A sort of social fashism = i`m OK i must be good , your not OK you must be bad .

I always wonder about evil esoteric ideas like karma who decides? Who decides what "good" or "bad" is ? Who decides if you have been "good" or "bad" ? Who decides what bad things are going to happen top you if you have been "bad" ? Who decides what weighs what out ? Who decides when you have paid your "debts" ?

Isnt it strange how strange ideas from thousands of years ago can still fool some people today ?

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Religious ideas have had thousands of years to develop into complex, convincing belief systems done up in tailor-made packages.

Anyway there are many variations of what karma is supposed to be depending on where you're from. The western stereotype (see Sharon Stone in China), karma-lite, for me it has nothing to do with whether it is believable or not, and everything to do with it being kind of a useless philosophy by which to live my life: You are locked into a deterministic system where you don't even have the opportunity to learn from your mistakes because you can't remember making them. If it even arguably really was you: after all that person in a different life would have had a different set of memories and a different identity altogether. With Christianity's hellfire(tm) at least you know why you are burning in hell, you weren't listening to the bible.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Karma is about actions in the first place. It's not what happens to you, it's what you do and how you deal with the stuff that comes on your path.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
How did the 6 million jews deal with it ?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
That's the same question people always ask of god. Why, if he is so good must there be so much suffering in the world.
There is no justice in the world. Because god is not good or bad.

Karma creates suffering, Living is suffering.
You can't blame karma for killing these people, we all know who killed this people. If you kill people (for example) you create suffering, this is karma.

The way to end this suffering is said to be karma yoga.

Let me say that I don't use the word karma often. I dislike it, because of the stuff you point out.
I just wanted to make clear my understanding of this concept. I don't believe in reincarnation, and stuff like that.
I believe there is a lot in the concept of karma that putts people down.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
:oops: I personally don't see karma as something so global. What I think Karma is (at least partially) is, when you are in a bad "karma" (=bad mood) things tend to get worse: mood, things fall down what makes the situation worse. Then you have to think positively (good karma) and things get better.

Toxica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Déc 2005
I agree with magickmumu, but I think karma can include what restin said.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I agree with me .

"You can't blame karma for killing these people,"

Either it was their karma or karma doesnt exist .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
If you are falling down a cliff, karma won't save you but will make it less harsh...

(if you take my definition, as I also agree with myself)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Your karma had already been aplied when you fell off the cliff so believing that karma might make it less harsh wouldnt make much sense .

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
GOD a dit:
I agree with me .

"You can't blame karma for killing these people,"

Either it was their karma or karma doesnt exist .

The map is not the territory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map-territory_relation

Why can't karma exist. You talk about you're view of karma that can't exist.
A view that includes punishment. Why must there be punishment for karma to exist.
How do you think karma could exist.

My understanding of Karma is that's it's about deeds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What happens to people is suposed to be an expression of either good or bad karma .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Then explain exactly what you think the concept is please ?