Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How often does it happen, a psychosis?

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
But this is what we do with psychical disorders in general.

Thats the problem with Western society. I don't agree with locking them up and 'setting' them straight, cause in my opinion there is no normal, but I also don't agree with letting them run around. They are in a place where they can be harmed. It is a very tricky situation.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
user_1919 a dit:

Thats the problem with Western society. I don't agree with locking them up and 'setting' them straight, cause in my opinion there is no normal, but I also don't agree with letting them run around. They are in a place where they can be harmed. It is a very tricky situation.

Yeah, it's pretty sick how they threat the people with psychological problems. The guy i where talking about in this thread, is going in about 2 month again to a clinic. He made clear that he didn't want to, but since his parents force him. He has no other choice and will be brought to an island in Holland, named texel, so it won't easy for him to get away.

The idea of bring hem to an island i think is good, but they will threat him with medicines, and lately many scientist discover how wrong this medicines are. And although these medicines do something, the results are not as it should be.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
To me the solution would to be to bring him to an Ayahuasca Shaman, and let him stay there for 6 months.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
+1 but tell that to his parents :?
It is indeed very wrong how society treats people with psychological disorders..
I believe in a conspiracy going quite deep (however I don't believe these people are evil or sth, they just have the worst psychological problems of all or at least the most damaging to the species), being that medicines are being given to neutralise those that start understanding how things work.
If this is the case with psychotics I don't know, don't think so, rather on depressed people this is the case but it is a big reason why these people get treated like this.
If it's a possible threat to the indoctrination and control over the masses, neutralise when possible, kick to the kerb as much as these masses will let you, think of strategies to do so and see how far you can go (far with the level of indoctrination and control in general these days, very fucking far in some areas, people are often completely programmed, to keep things the way they are, going very far, completely removed from their emotions and lacking any reason whatsoever).
Also where all the negative propaganda and illegall status on 'drugs' (puke) comes from and why entheogens are mixed in with destructive substances under one name like this.
Again, if it's a possible threat to the indoctrination and control over the masses (which entheogens clearly are)..
Big picture
It aint pretty :(

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Telling his parents will be a good thing, but it could also be bad. some parents don't know how to deal with that at all...

To describe psychosis. I want to explain it, but I really don't for fear I might hit a dip in it... But, why not?

Here goes:

My initial thoughts while under a psychotic episode are "Oh shit it's happening again." I very strong sense of panic would over come me, and I would be set in a new state of mind. I would watch people, as if my body wasn't there. Talking required me to come out of the state, and if I talked while having an episode that was blatant psychosis. If I looked in their eyes, I would want to leave. It was like everything they were thinking was instantly translated to my thoughts. I really didn't like that feeling, not in any way. Reading people's minds is not a desired ability by me.

Besides being able to read people in the psychosis this obviously brought some sort of confidence (after I came off the "high") that I was by far the most superior human being on the planet. Since I had the power to read your mind, how could you be more intelligent than me?

If anyone brought up an arguement that I disagreed with it was instantly wrong, and they were stupid. I kind of let thhat be known a few times. As I started to realize (well it was actually quite obvious) that something was wrong with me I spent about 8 months reading books, analyzing my thought patterns, and contemplating this state of mind. I was able to relate, by empathy, to every person I had ever met.

The first words, the first non-verbal communication by anybody presented me with exactly their life story almost. As if by seeing one action of their thoughts, I knew all the rest of their thoughts.

It turned out to be a very honest idea, and became true more often than not, which did not help me in curing myself.

I began to ignore what was going on, trying to "make myself stupider" which happened with drinking, head banging, doing stupid stuff. I was literally trying to kill the thought process that was making my psychotic.

Eventually I realized alot of things (over the course of the next ~14 months) that encouraged alot better of behavior by me, and taught me to deal with it, and eventually lead me to here, approximately 2 years from my departure of reality.

To answer your question: If I had been in a tribe, and my actions been encouraged, I will say I do not know for sure if this would have had a positive or negative outcome. probably negative since many times while in a psychotic behavior suicide crossed my mind...

Altought what accompanied that was "I'm fucked up - there is something wrong with me" which is obviously from western culture.

So it is to say I have no idea.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I just re-read that post, and wow do I sound psychotic :lol:

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
To me the solution would to be to bring him to an Ayahuasca Shaman, and let him stay there for 6 months.

Your not gonna believe this, but that's exactly what he have done. He told me, he went to a shaman in Amsterdam named almasto. This guy who is born in that same region, call's him self a shaman. The guy told me, that this shaman did a ritual, and that's why other people thought that he had a psychosis. One month ago, he also visited sante daime church and also did a ceremonie. So it seems that all these entheogen's haven't helped him so till so far.

But maybe bringing him to a real shaman, somewhere in the jungle, that this could help him.

My initial thoughts while under a psychotic episode are "Oh shit it's happening again." I very strong sense of panic would over come me, and I would be set in a new state of mind. I would watch people, as if my body wasn't there. Talking required me to come out of the state, and if I talked while having an episode that was blatant psychosis.

I must admit i have read quite some story's about psychosis and in a lot of story's people recognize the psychosis is coming up. The interpretation seem to differ, because i also heard a story from a guy who actually loved it.

If I looked in their eyes, I would want to leave. It was like everything they were thinking was instantly translated to my thoughts. I really didn't like that feeling, not in any way. Reading people's minds is not a desired ability by me.

Are you sure, you really could. I think these sorts of things are pretty interesting. The guy where i am talking about, it really was if he could do the same sorts of things. Pretty weird.

I just re-read that post, and wow do I sound psychotic Laughing

Well i don't know if you where really psychotic, but a state of mind like you had is not something that is useful in our western society. Anyway, IJesusChrist, i want to thank you for sharing this with us. I think it is very important to talk about it openly. :) It gives at least an idea about what it is, and how you experienced it.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Everybody is basically nuts, once you get that, it becomes much easier to understand other people's weirdness (and 'deal' with it), however far they are out there. Some people go through a process that makes them weird for some time. Some of them deal with it and come out stronger, other's need a little help or guidance, others will populate our streets until the day they pass on and never return to baseline.

Back in '85 when I smoked my first joint, there was this 50 year old guy in my hometown who was as crazy as it gets, he was Jim Morrison incarnate according to himself. The story everybody knew about this guy, was that he became crazy because of acid, something at the time I just assumed was the truth. Much later I became friends with an old friend of that guy who had been very close to him since basically high school, told me that the guy always had a couple of screws loose in his head and that really, the acid didn't make it worse but was used as an excuse.

Someone who is healthy and balanced and uses psychedelics consciously, won't develop psychosis out of the blue for no reason is my experience.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Suggest meditation to him? Like extended meditation. There are 10 retreats that you can go to that are really intense. They are all over the world. My father has done about 5 of them. Could help him calm his mind, and show him whats actually in his head.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
10 day retreats**, sorry its earlyyy

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
user_1919 a dit:

That's what cyborgs do with those very few liberated mortals really, and who are they to blame? Outside their will the invisible narrow frame has been passed on to them as well which turned them into mechanical devices. Installing equipment, rendering processes automatically which makes them so predictable to a mortal who's only option seem to be the concealing of the Wisdom which counteracts the manufactered conception. If the mortal slips in the rodding of his Wisdom, the cyborgs merely execute the only file they know.

A psychotic-episode is often waking up, but without presicely knowing what is going on with our evolution. It's just a yell to the cyborgs, in vain.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Brug I think you're missing something if you're seeing cyborgs.

Yes there are people who have become, somewhat senseless but under it all, they wonder at night, they dream, they have empathy - I know this. We all do.

Some do "better" in their own view, by ignoring empathy, just like I ignore somethings.

And to answer "Do you really read people's minds?"

.. No, not like a 'psychic' not like I hear people's thoughts, but rather its like looking at an animal, and just knowing what it is thinking, like I can go in their head, and empathize. I guess my psychotic episodes were just very, VERY intense empathetic periods of time, where I felt the weight of everyone's guilt, shame, and dispair.

amongst some more paranoid and schizophrenic-like thoughts.

But, I maybe have learned alot, subconsciously, hopefully one day consciouslly.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Tehee, I'm a goat, I tend to be recalcitrant and serious. :wink: I should be surrounded by a Libra to think more airy and frivolous on a daily bases.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Don't let the stars decide you're voice...

Or do.. I don't care, you're still brugmansia.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
IJesusChrist a dit:

They already did, and i guess they influenced you to ;)

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
mysticwarrior a dit:
it comes from not questioning one's own thought processes in a critical manner

That's what i thought. The guy i meet, couldn't think critical or logical. It also happend to the other guys i knew. They all started to believe there own fairytale, and everyone who tried to warn them all got a punch in there face.
Hi
about 1%of the population is sensetive for schizofrenia and it sounds like this is the case for that man you met. Its sounds like this for me because i have that deseas(among other mental illnesses) and my story kinda looks like what you saw happening to that man.
When i am psychotic logic fails for me because temperarly i cant get to that state of mind(while normal i love logic and make good use of it in conversations or thinking). Its like you cant lick your elbow you just wont reach it! And the fairy tales its real weird for me because i LIVED them, besides what i believed at the time i saw it happening and together with voices that go along that abnormal reality it cán be quit fairy like.
Its also hard for people with the desease i have to see that they are sick. That is pretty logical: 1 you dont want to see your sick
2 you live that "reality" so it IS your reality
3 there are lots of difrent sets of believes and so it becomes easy to think hey if people dont go allong with what i live im okay with that i'm not forcing my religion(or something like that)

I dont know maybe i'm just very lucky because i have days, months that i'm not ill and i can be myself(so it feels/seems)

And about the laughing for no reason i had/have that too. My dad noticed it and that was the first warning sign for him to think hey somethings not normal with my boy.
For me it was very logical; I fantasize allot and some of the stuff i come up with ís really really funny(for me it is, and also i cant reproduce these "jokes" i forget them just as quick) so funny you just have to laugh out loud. This is ofcourse abnormal because not any one does this. But at the same time i came up with a trick. Whenever they ask me(with a weird look on their face) "why are you laughing?" I just share something that makes me laugh and most of the time they agree with me and say yeah okay that ís funny! (but i harldy cant memorize what i was actualy laughing about)

But anyway 1% is sensetive for psychosis that means that about 60 million people experience these weird reallitys as "true". And i'm not talking about heavens, soul traveling and other worlds or anything, just a complete difrent perspective of the same world we all live in. When that perspective becomes so far from you bed*(as we say in holland) healthy people just cant relate to that so the defenition crazy acures.

This is what i wanted to share for now but questions are very welcome.
I have been diagnosed as a schizo for a year now and since than i try to be aware of what is normal and what is desease for me so i guess i can say i'm experienced(maybe not so but pretty) with that.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
JosVU my questions would be extensive, and I wish I could just sit down and talk with you... I have never had a delusion that encompassed my whole being (except waking dreams - where I confuse reality with dreams..)

But I want to ask you a very important question and I want a very honest answer. I want to also know why you answered the way you did:

Do you think you can be completely cured?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
IJesusChrist a dit:

I was amazed about how accurately the description of my zodiac sign corresponds with who I am. A careful loner...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Brugmansia a dit:
IJesusChrist a dit:

I was amazed about how accurately the description of my zodiac sign corresponds with who I am. A careful loner...
]

When I read my zodiak sign i was amazed too... then I read all of them. I guess I'm all of them.. :lol:

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
IJesusChrist a dit:
When I read my zodiak sign i was amazed too... then I read all of them. I guess I'm all of them.. :lol:

Then you misunderstood something. Have you really looked on your chart, or did you only read about your zodiak sign?> Have you investigated some time in astrology in general? Because if you investigate it a little further, you see an unique you appearing on the scene. This you will not even look like me or anybody else. And that is probably what brug finds so amazing, because it just is amazing. It's a tool that can be used for many different goals, but the most important one is to learn who you really are and what is happening to you. Although, that is how i interpret it. I am still study astrology and still not understand it fully, but i must say it is to easy to draw just a conclusion like that ;) It could for example explain a lot of your mood swings or your bipolar disorder with which your are diagnosed.

Which is a much more positive view on the things you experience, then looking at the same experience with thoughts with thoughts about you having a disorder. Of course you may look at it that way, if you want. But it doesn't neccesary have to be. If you would get a hold of how far astrology really go's, it could help you also in many ways. And there is no magic, no hocus pocus and there is nothing to be afraid about :D

@JosVU i will reply later, because i think i want to take the time coming up with a good reply ;)