Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Healthy Munchies...?

Myrddin

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Juil 2010
Hey Guys,

Bit of a strange one....

Age old question, with a healthy twist ;)

I'm one of the guys who eats like a motherfucker when I'm high...like...literally panic if there isn't food in the house, and pretty much eat from point A to point B. I've literally tried sitting in a dark, empty room with a candle and saying "I shan't eat this time" - the need to eat is that prominent.

I'm just wondering if anyone has found good munchies to eat that won't make me feel like a heffer the next day ;P haha.

I've been smoking a lot more than I typically do in the last couple of weeks/months, and have started stacking on the kilo's.

I've always been pretty lean, so I obviously don't want people worrying about me and the dramatic weight gain...but simply put, I would also like to just feel a little healthier again.

I've tried some fruits/nuts/rice cracker type things...Just wondering if there are any other thoughts ;)

Any idea's would be much appreciated.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
uh. well...... how bout excercising after :)

being high and excercising alot is its own experience :rolleyes: (like really excercising).

Uhm. But me, if the peas are fresh enough I will snack of peas. Carrots... Make tofu tacos? oatmeal... peanut butter + honey bagels are amazing. Sunchips are good if you have those. Love them. High in sodium I think though. Not sure what else,.

I would say anchoivies/kippers/sardines but they tend to be loaded with fat, but they are really good for you.

Oh and eggs! Make up some eggs and load em up with seasoning.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I'd suggest the idea of "negative calorie foods". Although not an exact science, there are foods that you burn more calories digesting, than actually adding. These include celery, carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, mangoes, cranberries, blackberries, etc. A simple google will give you a full list. Now it it is important to not add ranch or toppings of any kind. As long as you're crunching along on these you'll actually lose weight as long as you work out.

Also, it is very important to keep hydrated, as often times when you feel like the munchies, a full bottle of water will make that disappear.

Good luck, and although exercising high can be fun, be very careful around certain gym equipment and lifting weights. Just saying.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
totally agree with the eggs, eggs are a pretty awesome munchy food :D
CURRY!!! masala is real yum and healthy
On a trip to singapore with a bunch of mates we would have late night sessions (yes a little dangerous to do in singapore but thrilling none the less) and go to get rotti
Coconut_Rotti7.jpg
there are a multitude of variations, some with meat of chicken inside, some with just the rotti bread itself, but the dipping sauce stuff is 100% necessary to the experience
Indian food in general is both healthy and ideal for the munchies

Fruit!
Pickles!

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
eggs are a great (if not the greatest) form of protein. the only problem comes when eating multiple. after the first one, discard the other egg yolks and there can be little problems with eggs. (egg yolks contain 60-70% of ones daily cholesterol)

another thing to consider, is fatty vegetables. normally you don't associate veggies with fat, but foods like avocado contain phytosterols*, which mimic cholesterol in almost every way, but they are actually beneficial to the body, in that they bind to the sites (and are even incorporated into the cell membrane) in the same location where regular cholesterol would have bound. the result is a lowered cholesterol number! bam! replace egg yolks with some avocado or guacamole on top the egg, and you've got one of the most healthy and filling snacks around.

*more on phytosterols, including a list of foods: http://www.dietaryfiberfood.com/cholesterol-low.php

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
curry!! oh my god once in india I was ridiculously high and went out for a thali. it was the most violently exhilarating exciting experience :lol:

cucumbers with some strong spices (like chili, kurkuma, cumin, salt etc.pp.) on them are wonderful as well.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
also, melons! any kind, all of them are delicious.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
anyone ever tried papaya slices drizzled with lime juice? not quite the cheapest munchie food, but amazing.

also, if you find yourself using a lot of honey, try finding raw unheated honey. it's LOADED with enzymes and nutrients that are destroyed with the processing that normal honey undergoes. well worth the purchase.

if you want something salty, kale chips are a great think to make too. with an ANDI (aggregate nutrient density index) score of 1000, (the highest score i believe) they satisfy that salty craving and are loaded with vitamins and minerals.

check it, wash, and then break the kale into mouth-sized pieces, toss in a light amount of olive oil, then sprinkle with salt to taste. other spices of your preference may be added, but this is semantics. just stick your chips in the dehydrator for the day and voila. or if your broke like me, you can simply use the oven on the lowest setting. mines 170F, but if yours goes lower, great (110-115 is what a dehydrator generally is, it preserves most enzymes and nutrients at this heat, any more and breakdowns start to occur, less and it just takes forever to dehydrate anything). anyways, an hour at 170F on a baking tray, flipping them at some point during the process (so the oily part thats made contact with the baking tray are dried too) and voila. super crunchy, nutritious, and with a touch of salt, can be a great balanced source for electrolytes as well as other nutrients

:D

Sloane

Banni
Inscrit
3 Oct 2011
heshani@1999 a dit:
Rather than eating junk food healthy munchies are better ?I like vegetable salad.....
Junk food and fast food both are not good for the better health purpose. You should eat home made food that is very effective for your health.

The_Key_Maker

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Oct 2011
A banana with nutella spread on it is the most delicious thing ive ever tasted and its good for you mmmm nutella

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
nutella and i have had a love hate relationship for a long time. i finally had to move on...

i would tell myself the same thing you did, until i would eat so much of it that i felt sick. nutella is ok in moderation, but beware of the sugar and fat content in it, which can definitely make one sick and lazy. (you can take my word for it... :oops: )

nutella has 11 grams sugar per serving, but i came across this stuff today called "justin's chocolate hazlenut butter" and i must say it is leaps and bounds better if one can locate it. it has only 7 grams of sugar a serving, and much less fat, and it's an all natural product with hazlenut, cocoa powder, evaporated cane juice, and sea salt. i dont want to sound like their spokesperson, but it sounds like it may be up your alley. it doesn't make me lazy like nutella, but it's still really tasty.

The_Key_Maker

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Oct 2011
Acctualy this morning i discovered this. Last night i was trying out my new vape and i decided to eat 4 dozen chineese donuts(basicle dough sprinkled with sugar) covered in nutella then passed out then when i woke up this morning i had bad stomach pain and was constapated until a few hours ago wish i woulda logged in yesterday lmao

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
see username -->

:D
put the sliced banana with the liquid dough into the pan. when it's done put some molten honey mixed with fresh lemon juice on it and sprinkle with grated coconut :tonqe: it's mindblowing

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i just smoked half a gram and that sounds freakin excellent!

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
mmm.

i've noticed the trend that while one is high, and also after, that there is a near insatiable thirst. i know coconut water is excellent for hydration, i wonder if this can help cure cotton mouth?! i will have to do some research and report back :lol:

The_Key_Maker

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Oct 2011
Allusion a dit:
mmm.

i've noticed the trend that while one is high, and also after, that there is a near insatiable thirst. i know coconut water is excellent for hydration, i wonder if this can help cure cotton mouth?! i will have to do some research and report back :lol:

Please let me know what u find i noticed when i smoke weed i have cottonmouth for a long time afterwards usually until i pass out it sucks

MichaelVipperman

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Août 2011
The_Key_Maker a dit:
Allusion a dit:
mmm.

Please let me know what u find i noticed when i smoke weed i have cottonmouth for a long time afterwards usually until i pass out it sucks
Well, the Ayurvedic approach to a similar problem is water that's had dates left soaking in it. Could work. Dates are good.

Really I think the point is just to have something nice to drink, keeping in mind that pure water is (paradoxically) dehydrating (flushes water through your kidneys faster, and you end losing electrolytes). Once you add some good ingredients (herbs in a tea, or some coconut, or dates, or whatever), the water has enough electrolytes and whatever else in it for it to be satisfying, not further drying.