Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

contamination?

ultramoana

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Juil 2008
It depends,there's some strain who can developp a mycelium not really white(copelandia ),not grey but not as white as the others^^

Excuses my poor english...

Check your mp^^

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It looks bad to me . Whats the substrate , and why is it still in the jars ?

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
hey guys, i have a bag of mushrooms, and i noticed on a couple of the stems theres little black blotches (it looks black.. might be a dark purple, or darrkkkk blue, not really sure. have you guys had any experience with getting mushrooms that have those colours? its B+ strain. (other then a few spots, the mushrooms have a grey/white colour with golden caps (and very blue bruising)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Personaly i wouldnt eat anything black i`d cut the black bits off . If they are wet dry them quick and get rid of the black bits .

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
done and done. thanks God.

i took a gram a few days ago, and had a pretty good trip. had mild visuals, with a little bit of a mind cluster. but overall not bad. im preping 14G of syberian amanita mushrooms right now. ill see how those go

T

TheStonedOne

Invité
Hello,

I've recently grew a batch of b+ and currently have 2 cakes fruiting and in the mean time I figured i'd try some other strands so i ordered some Z-Strain, Amazon, Ecuador, and Koh Samui which i used to innoculate 12 jars each, 6 with brown rice cakes, 3 soft white wheat, and 3 with rye grains. I steralized the jars in a 22 Quart pressure canner at 15 psi for 1.5 hours and threw a towel over top when done to let it cool over night. The following morning I moved the jars to a glove box along with syringes and lighter, etc. I then sprayed down the glove box and everything in it with 70% alcohol and innoculated the jars flame steralizing and wiping with an alcohol swab in between each jar (each jar has 2 holes). I then put them into the cubord over my fridge (82 F) and left to incubate. I checked them on day 4 to see the progress and every jar, all 4 strains had what appear to be a light green and/or black Aspergillus mold at the site of innoculation. I have tossed the contents of the jars and cleaned them and tryed again (all 4 replacement syrings) with the same results. and i tryed a 5th syringe over the weekend and noticed a little bit of yellowish discolouring at the innoculation site 1-2 days after innoculating, and 4 days after the mycellin is just starting and i can already see the green and black mold starting in the center of the mycellin. Not sure what the cause is of what to do anymore, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Well first off, the yellowish color is most likely due to excessive water content. As for the contamination problem; is there a chance you can try and grow somewhere else? It seems as if the place you are growing in is FILLED with green/blue mold. You are following near perfect methods, but it is still finding a way to sneak in there. Maybe try purchasing some new jars and substrate. Other than that, good luck!

peace & love

T

TheStonedOne

Invité
Ok well i have 4 new syringes on the way should be here tomarrow or friday. Figured I should probaly stick to the BRF Cakes until i can figure out where the contamination is coming from. The last B+ batch I did I had 2 jars out of 10 succesful which i grew the mycellium in a small tank in my room, where it is quite warm hower i have pets in my room and figure i would have better success rate in the kitchen where it would be cleaner. Should i try incubating the first few day at a cooler temperature until the mycellium starts and then incubate it at the 82 F to try to redce the contaminents?

pooz321

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2008
found this guy in the yard...shady with trees, leafy ground, in north florida.
doesnt look like a psychoactive shroom i know of....can you see the blueing in one of the pictures? is this psychoative.....my guess is no.. whats yours...thanks

peace

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I don't see the blueing and i don't think it is a psychoactive shroom, but beside that, it is a really cool mushroom :P

pooz321

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2008
the blueing i can see is on the stock ,right under the cap in the top picture.i didnt capter bluing in the bottom picture (that one was intended to show the whole mushroom) but if its not strong enough blueing to be seen on a ic. its prob not psychoactive...but for sure i can see that blue color that made me go "oh shit!"

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
lots of non psychoactive mushrooms blue. in itself it means nothing.

i THINK it MAY be a Hygrophorus ponderatus

sanchezL

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Jan 2009
Blueing itself is not a test to be relied upon, it means nothing by itself.

No idea what that is, but doesn't look like anything active, sorry.

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
Hi !
I have problems with my shrooms, my cakes are 100% rye, but they got attacked by green mold and they're gonna die soon if I don't do something to save them.
A was thinking about a bath of 1% hydrogen peroxide, do you think it would do the job ? I already tried with cotton and hydrogen peroxide but it didn't work, green mold is back.
Maybe I need to totally remove the infected parts with a cutter ?
I need those shrooms :'(
Help please !
Thanks !

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
If you can see green mold on the cake, it is too late.

Throw them out.

:(

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
Shit :(
You're sure about that ?
I mean, there's only green mold on the surface, it's still ok inside.
What about eating the cakes ? is it as powerful as fresh mushrooms ?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
mold is just the visible part of it, the entire cake has been colonized by something other than psilocybe mushrooms.

I wouldn't eat a moldy cake if I were you, you don't eat green bread either, do you?

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
Argh :cry:
I rather try something to save them than throwing them out anyway...
I put them in oygenated water, maybe there's a chance...
If green mold is still there I'll cut the external parts.
I wouldn't eat a moldy cake if I were you, you don't eat green bread either, do you?
Maybe eating the inner parts is not that dangerous ?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
If the mycelium of the mold has colonized the grain, the mycelium of the psilocybes has not = you will not trip.

It is good to ask yourself the question: where did I go wrong, what was my mistake? And then to not do it again.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Throw them out! The inner part of the cake is also infected even if you cannot see it! You cannot see the spores given off by the mushrooms just as you cannot see mushroom spores in the air. You asked for everyones advice but only want to hear one answer. Some molds give off deadly toxins, you shouldn't take that chance. Just try growing more. I has happened to me. My mushrooms actually grew into beautiful mushrooms when I noticed tiny black/grey spots over the cakes. I threw away over an ounce of perfectly looking mushrooms. It was a sad day, but better safe than sorry.

peace & love