Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

A stupid one, but still wanna know your opinion

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
I've been reading this http://www.ayahuasca-info.com/chemistry/
article recently and it says that the very bottom that
"The latest scoop is that you don't even have to use chemical extractions anymore - run several handfuls of grass through a wheatgrass juicer (sold in most health food stores) and you'll wind up with a glass or so of incredibly potent liquid. One teaspoon (with MAO inhibition, of course), is a standard dose with strong grass. Only two teaspoons proved very challenging to one of my correspondents - an OD! The juice can be dried and smoked in a bong - two tokes will usually do it."
That guys actually says that drying an impure aqueous DMT solution will yield a mixture of dry organic matter which, if smoked, can induce DMT-like exp?
Then what's the point of those complicated extractions?Or I got it wrong?

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
This is exactly the same as two topics last week . The juicer method is at least 20 years old and if you use Phalaris grass you should not eat it because of the Gramine it does / can contain . Its very ineficient , boiling your starting material in water is better and a real chemical extractiom is even better than that .

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
and if I boil down ample amount of mimosa and then dry it out-will the resulting matter be smokable?

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
user_1919 a dit:
Sure it will be smoke-able, but to get the desired effect I doubt it. To smoke N,N-DMT you need to freebase it, by sending the grass through the wheatgrass juicer you are only getting a concentrated form of N,N-DMT and a bunch of other 'chemicals'.

EDIT: where do you see on that website they say to just dry it out and smoke it? All I seen when I briefly looked was the proper instructions on how to do a DMT extraction...??

Edit 2: Ah I see it, are they talking about smoking the potent dried out material with a MAOI, I have never heard of such a thing, and not sure if it would work.

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
well MAOI won't be needed since DMT [if evaporated] won't be digested.
I still think it won't work, but who knows?perhaps I could give it a try, just to disapprove this theory
However, I'd appreciate more feedback on this, guys.If not crystallized, DMT does not evaporate?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It should be smokable , its a extract and the volume has been reduced . But i`ve never done it so i dont know what it would be like , how waxy , greasy or dry so i cant say how you could smoke it and i cant say how much you would have to smoke . You wont need an MAOI to smoke it . Try it and tell us . I would be interested to know .

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
Mix in a little bit of baking soda (NaHCO3) to make it basic and therefore smokable.

I've been wanting to try this method too, but I have yet to find a affordable wheat juicer.

Be sure to collect enough fresh phalaris grass because the concentration of active alkaloids is very low.

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
dude, I was referring to mimosa, not phalaris:

and if I boil down ample amount of mimosa and then dry it out-will the resulting matter be smokable
Mimosa is thought to contain more nasties than phalaris, isn't it? At least that's how I thought after having compared the extraction teks for both.
Again, my question is..
if I boil down a concoction of mimosa hostilis, filter it as many times as possible and then let the water evaporate, will I be left with a smokable substance?

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
after: I don't think this will work. I'm pretty sure the DMT have to be 'unlocked' inorder to be smoked. Maybe someone who knows a lot about chemistry could answer this.

I remember one of my friends tried freebasing DMT, he got to the last step, and needed NaOH, but could not get any anywhere as it 'illegal' in Canada. So we tried smoking it anyways, and we got nothing out of it. And that was Mimosa.

PEACE

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Ok I did a number of succesful extractions but I am no chemist.

Isn't this the same story as with coke? I understand that if you just smoke coke as you get it from your supplier, you will loose up to 70% whereas if you basify it first, much less will be lost while burning.

Would still be nice if a chemist would reply.

*looks around for Phalaris*

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Well thanks heartcore, it now turns out that basifying helps evaporating?And in order to basify I should bring the pH to 10-12? Can NaHCO be used for that?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Phalaris grass contains / can contain gramin wich is poisonous . Mimosa HHostilis doesnt contain anything "nasty" . I think that i was the one who changed the subject because you were talking about a juicer and you cant put Mimosa Hostilis root bark in a juicer and get anything out . The original report about using juicers was in conection with Phalaris grass , but would be hard to do because the DMT content in Phalaris grass is not stabil . Some samples have a lot more in them than others , but even then its not much . I have also seen sugestions of using a juicer to extract fresh Psychotria Viridis leaves . But again boiling it in water or a chemical extraction is more productive . You will find that filtering plant extractions is very hard and that its better if you can do it with a vacume filter aparatus . The other way is to filter the most of the solid parts out with a textile filter and then let it stand in a fridge............for a few months and then pour the clear liquid off . Evaporating water off plant extracts is also a pain because they go moldy .

"Maybe someone who knows a lot about chemistry could answer this. "

*looks around for Phalaris*..................

"I understand that if you just smoke coke as you get it from your supplier, you will loose up to 70% whereas if you basify it first, much less will be lost while burning. "

I read about that to , it was a Dutch study about Surinamese youths smoking coke in joints .

"And in order to basify I should bring the pH to 10-12?"

?????????????????? NO . If you do that it will fuck your lungs up . That PH is much to high . I think you can do it with baking powder = PH 8 . But again ....................... *looks around for Phalaris*..................

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
The actual DMT extraction is not that complex, if you really want a smokeable form of DMT, just do the extraction.

PEACE

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Well, then could you post the not-so-difficult tek please?Or send me a PM

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
I would still like to hear the opinion of anyone experienced in chemistry on the very first subject-Is dried mimosa solution smokable?

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
PM spice, I know he knows a lot about chemistry. But if you think of it, why would people extract DMT from plant sources if they can just dissolve it in a solution and dry it? I'm no chemist, but I'm pretty sure DMT has to be 'unlocked' by the use of NaOH, and transfered to it's salt form. And one must smoke it pure rather than a mixture of other chemicals.

PEACE

...you also got me very interested in this. I really do wonder if it would work...I highly doubt it, but I'm not positive.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
You would probably need very expensive filters to get rid of the plant material, as it needs to be finely powdered to extract the DMT. Otherwise: why extract? you could just smoke rootbark!

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
afer a dit:
Then what's the point of those complicated extractions?Or I got it wrong?

Purity.

user_1919 a dit:
The actual DMT extraction is not that complex, if you really want a smokeable form of DMT, just do the extraction.

PEACE

I agree with user_1919 (allthough it's an interesting thing to try)... I think it would be possible to smoke a simple extract, but I think it'll be quite hard to get enough DMT into your system this way. Also I can imagine it would be very harsh on your throught. It's not that hard to do the complete extraction if you can get the right chemicals and if you use your common sense.

Maybe Spice can tell us a thing or 2 about this subject. :wink:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Is dried mimosa solution smokable?"

YES . But is a question of how much you have to smoke to get a hit . Some of the available DMT extraction teks result in a impure greasy opaque red product wich can be smoked . Christian Rätsch says you can smoke the powdered root bark of Mimosa Hostilis and get a drug effect , but not a trip , and says that probably a dry extract could be smoked to get hallucinogenic effects .

You can find 6 diferent DMT extraction Teks here :-

http://rapidshare.com/files/91052570/_jhoekf7149845.rar

The password is :- Believe-In-GOD