Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Your suggestions for Psychonaut.com

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
:lol: the idea is funny

BlessYou

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Oct 2008
murof a dit:
plus de lien français..more french link
+1
ce site est génial mais se serait bien qu'il s'ouvre un peu plus à nous pauvre français que nous sommes

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
5553b4442 a dit:
How would I prevent it ?
Here is a challenge to all members: Re-register using a new nickname and don't tell anybody who you are. Let go of your masks and embrace true, unbiased free flow of ideas.
Or are you too used to your avatars, your nicknames and the reputation that you've built yourself ?

Edit: And belive me, I know what I am talking about. Even though my registration date says otherwise.

Interesting.

But I don't entirely see the problem. Can you show it to me? Show me the decadent cult of psychonaut.com. I like the idea of having an idea who I am talking to, being able to connect and deepen relationships. If someone shapeshifts every couple of months that would be a bit weird. I don't experience the problem you are addressing. Maybe I'm missing the point of it...

5553b4442

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2008
Forkbender, stop coming here for a week, register a new nick name and open a thread. You will see the difference between how the people responded to you as Forkbender and how they will respond afterwards under a new alias. Then you will see.
I don't belive anyone will do this, all I see is that "we", as psychonauts, praise the freedom from the ego, etc, etc, etc, but, in the end, this is just a big personality cult. I cannot stress this enough.
DO IT and you will see what I am talking about.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
but, in the end, this is just a big personality cult. I cannot stress this enough.
Stress it by giving examples. If there are no examples, is there really a problem?
Forkbender, stop coming here for a week, register a new nick name and open a thread. You will see the difference between how the people responded to you as Forkbender and how they will respond afterwards under a new alias. Then you will see.
That is an internet forum thing. It has nothing to do with the psychonaut community, or this particular group of people. It depends on how personal you were before and after the alias change. If you go from one impersonal alias to another (as some of our chemist members may wish to do) there will be less contrast.

5553b4442

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2008
Examples ? See the replies from a topic started by a older user and a newer user. Use the eyes that you have on your face and think with your head.

So, if this is an internet thing, that uses to happen, why even bother with this ? Hell, i might even don't piss on my toilet, and piss on my walls, it's an animal thing, why should I bother ?
You are not willing to accept this happens because it endangers your little nobility titles that you have gathered and your respectful, virtual beings that you have wished to create and ilude everyone else. Then, you ask me for examples, because you refuse to see it.
The most shameful fact ? You speak about freedom, brightness and love, and you deny the fact that there is a personality cult, because it is a natural thing. It is not natural being retarded, eventhough, there are people who are. It is natural. If I am writing to retarded people, I would thank if someone informed me first.
So, perhaps the best thing now is pick up a nice McKenna quote and post it with a smiley.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
5553b4442 a dit:
Examples ? See the replies from a topic started by a older user and a newer user. Use the eyes that you have on your face and think with your head.
Any disturbing examples? Sure there are no other reasons for the type of response?

5553b4442

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2008
Perhaps I haven't explained myself properly. It is something I've seen systematically, not something that happened to me (even if it has happened, I can manage to take care of myself). It can, as a possibility, keep away interesting people out of this forum, specially with those GOD-like wannabe's/clones that seem to sprout in every corned lately. It creates, and has created, an elite. Of course morons always turn up, but in 50 of those, we get an interesting person, and all I see and virtually feel, with the bottom of the virtual heart, is that they stand no chance to duck from the heavy fire. A communitty closed to new ideas and new users is a dead community. Even if "elite" users don't have conciousness of this fact, it is happenning, so, please, be aware.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
5553b4442 a dit:

So, if this is an internet thing, that uses to happen, why even bother with this ? Hell, i might even don't piss on my toilet, and piss on my walls, it's an animal thing, why should I bother ?
You are not willing to accept this happens because it endangers your little nobility titles that you have gathered and your respectful, virtual beings that you have wished to create and ilude everyone else. Then, you ask me for examples, because you refuse to see it.
The most shameful fact ? You speak about freedom, brightness and love, and you deny the fact that there is a personality cult, because it is a natural thing. It is not natural being retarded, eventhough, there are people who are. It is natural. If I am writing to retarded people, I would thank if someone informed me first.
So, perhaps the best thing now is pick up a nice McKenna quote and post it with a smiley.

This could all bounce back into your own face, though. You might be the one seeing opposition, where in fact there is just union. I don't care if there is no post-count or registrationdate under my name. Why should others?

A cult is formed by followers. Don't blame it on personality.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
5553b4442 a dit:
Perhaps I haven't explained myself properly. It is something I've seen systematically, not something that happened to me (even if it has happened, I can manage to take care of myself). It can, as a possibility, keep away interesting people out of this forum, specially with those GOD-like wannabe's/clones that seem to sprout in every corned lately. It creates, and has created, an elite. Of course morons always turn up, but in 50 of those, we get an interesting person, and all I see and virtually feel, with the bottom of the virtual heart, is that they stand no chance to duck from the heavy fire. A communitty closed to new ideas and new users is a dead community. Even if "elite" users don't have conciousness of this fact, it is happenning, so, please, be aware.

Thanks for your care. [no irony intended]

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
5553b4442 a dit:

I don't see what you mean with personality cult, I don't deny there is one, but I just don't notice it... When someone starts a thread I always read and answer the best I can, no matter what user it is... but its a fact that I will give more importance and credibility to a post made by an old member that I know than a newcomer... that's not a "personality cult", it's just common sense... I don't trust 100% something that comes from someone who I don't know which kind if person it is, if he is responsible and has some judgement. After a year and a half on this forum, there are some members like Tiax, Telico, GOD, DruglessDouglas, CaduceusMercurius, Forkbender, etc.. that I know I can trust what they say, as I have seen from their posts that they have some common sense, care for their health and other people. I'm not gonna trust as much a post made by someone who has been there for only a few days that therefore I don't know what kind of person it is. But for the quality of my answers and the interest I put in people's post, who wrote them changes nothing for me. Maybe it's different for other members though...

Please, give us a concrete example, where a newcomer didn't get good answers because he was new when another old member would have had it.

Also, I would like to know what is your real nickname on the forum?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Not really a suggestion, but there's a bug in the system that adds an extra unneccesary page to some topics, when you click on the last page it says "No posts exist for this topic".

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^Yeah, that sucks.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I worship CM, is that a personality cult??? :p :D

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
No, that's a mental disorder. :wink:

G

Invité
Regarding all the technical aspects of psychonaut.com, the new french moderator Sebastian is a professional in web programming (he's actually doing it as a full time job).

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
5553b4442 a dit:
How would I prevent it ?
Here is a challenge to all members: Re-register using a new nickname and don't tell anybody who you are. Let go of your masks and embrace true, unbiased free flow of ideas.
Or are you too used to your avatars, your nicknames and the reputation that you've built yourself ?

Edit: And belive me, I know what I am talking about. Even though my registration date says otherwise.

Magickmumu is Magickmumu. I don´t play that sort of games.
:wink:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What about putting the same flags in front of the posts in the "Posts since your last visit" part that are in the "Forum active topics " list .

SnakeEyes

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
very interesting forum, i get stuck on it for hours reading just one topic :thumbsup:
the only thing that bothers me is that there isn't a separate section for LSD, why is it together with all other synthetics?