Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Your suggestions for Psychonaut.com

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
yes, I ment the search function.

When I type misery i don't see any thread from you.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
there are two search functions on here. the one in the right upper corner doesn't really work. you have to use the one on the left side. if you type in "misery" in the author field you will find posts and threads by me.

5553b4442

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2008
My suggestion: the end of the personality cult based on the date of registration that has grown into this forum.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^I don't get it either.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
One more suggestion: Let moderators merge threads as well as split them. We have so many similar threads that can just be put together (music & tripping for example).

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
By no means is the name of any particular topic in reference to the whole of what is talked about inside. I feel lots of things I feel have been already talked about in the past yet, it's a headache reading all the topics from beginning to end looking for specific information you can't otherwise access (and the search function is useless-or is just me?). Thus we end up with topics that talk about the same as some time ago, and my guess is that people who have been around for a while may find it quite boring.
Some kind of indexing mechanism to tag specific topics inside the topics for the search function to synergise with, or equivalent, maybe? can be worked manually I guess...

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Stricter moderation would be a solution, but it would be too much work to go through all the older topics. Yet I don't want to be an On-Topic-Nazi, because I like to associate freely myself.

The search option on the forum page works marvels for me. The one on the top right is BS. A good search option would help keeping topics together and would prevent double topics to a certain extent.

Carebear

Banni
Inscrit
11 Juil 2008
5553b4442 a dit:
My suggestion: the end of the personality cult based on the date of registration that has grown into this forum.

You mean you`d like to end "the local crew society thingy?"

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
The problem is that very old topics are unchangeable and if you want to add something or so, you need to open a new one. Nevertheless it doesn't disturb me much as if you question something twice, you keep your mind going :wink:

5553b4442

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2008
Yes, Carebear. I think it prevents the free flow of ideas, and the inability to accept and respect new users is a typical behaviour of decadent ideologies. That's perhaps the best thing everyone should do.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^how are new users not respected and how would you prevent that?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
we can make a spam section so the new ones have the same dick-size as the old ones do :D

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
Forkbender a dit:
Stricter moderation would be a solution, but it would be too much work to go through all the older topics. Yet I don't want to be an On-Topic-Nazi, because I like to associate freely myself.

The search option on the forum page works marvels for me. The one on the top right is BS. A good search option would help keeping topics together and would prevent double topics to a certain extent.

You're right. And free association is necessary for proper energy flux.

...guess it's me with the search function-have to learn.

and the inability to accept and respect new users is a typical behaviour of decadent ideologies

What do you mean with "accept" and "respect"?

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Ah yes you are right, found it! wasn't aware that there where two different search functions. But still a bit strange that there are two and I don't see the left one(the good one) when I am at the homepage.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I just want to mention that all your suggestions are great, but we don't have anyone who can fix all these things (like the search engine). I may be the site admin, but I know very little about the programs this site is running on.

As far as old subjects coming up again, I guess it's unavoidable, and personally I've never felt disturbed about it.

I would like to merge threads too, like Fork said, but it doesn't seem to be possible.

5553b4442 wrote: My suggestion: the end of the personality cult based on the date of registration that has grown into this forum.
This is a "problem" on all forums. But I've seen again and again it's only a problem for certain new members. I don't remember druglessdougless having problems when he joined our ranks a couple of months ago. Neither have we been hostile to FluidDruid when he joined only a couple of weeks ago. And Nomada, another newbie, even received an award for being the most poetic member (in the Psychonaut Cult Club Clan thread)!

5553b4442

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2008
How would I prevent it ?
Here is a challenge to all members: Re-register using a new nickname and don't tell anybody who you are. Let go of your masks and embrace true, unbiased free flow of ideas.
Or are you too used to your avatars, your nicknames and the reputation that you've built yourself ?

Edit: And belive me, I know what I am talking about. Even though my registration date says otherwise.