Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What's wrong with todays LSD?

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
high,

LSD nowadays seems to taste like some kind of after shave/perfume/alluminium foil/metallic/acidish/...
I've blotters now (ganesha's and hoffmans, both recto-verso printed btw) who both taste really hard like some kind of after shave or something. It's not a subtle taste, it's overwhelming.

I'm really wondering how that comes?

Is it the ink or the paper that has a taste(which i doubt, cause it's an overwhelming taste)?
Is it because the lsd was mixed with aftershave so it could be safely traficked to other countries?
Or is it maybe something else then LSD (i've read on other forums that it could be 5-MeO-AMT)...
The effects of these blotters seem to ware off quicker in comparison with other Alice D i've had previously.
Also, one month ago, i woke up the day after taking these blotters, and had a huge cramp in my left arm.. my arm couldn't move for one whole day. (It could also be that it was an insect who bit me, i don't know...) i've read somewhere that 5-MeO-AMT can cause cramps...

I really want to know where this taste comes from

(I've posted a thread about this -"LSD with a bitter incense stick taste" a half year ago, but i couldn't post in it as it was older than 150 days...)

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
LSD is flavorless in the minute quantities that are on blotter. Something else is causing the taste, especially if it is strong. Any chemical-tasting blotter I've personally had turned out to be something other than LSD

The only real way to know is to send a sample off to a chemist. There's online services that do this--I've never done this but I'm pretty sure some on this forum have..

There's a saying: "If it's bitter, it's a spitter".

mindmelt

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Juin 2006
i have tested blotters with such a taste and there was found nothing wrong with them, nothing strange was found and they just contained 50mics.
nothing else.

but i also noticed this taste and botters me a bit, normaly i don't have a problem eating things with a bad taste, but i tend to keep my blotters as long in my mouth as possible. but that's not feeling right with this taste. sometimes i got feelings of a starting headache (because of the taste) but it usualy settles downr in a few minutes.

but besides of that....i never had any problem with those trips, to me they do just exactly what they are made for... :wink:

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
Yes, i completely experienced the same.... Also gave me a lot more bodyload than previous tasteless other ones.

Have heard that when they test a blotter, mostly they will search for the structure of acid, it's not possible to just analyze it and see what comes out. So there can be everything else besides acid that the labresult will not show u.

Also have heard speculations that they use a substance to expand the shelve time and nowadays here exist good acid(strong ones) and bad acid(weak ones with bitter taste with symptoms of bodyload)

If u dont pay too much attention to the cramps the trip can still be nice, but on a low dose when there is not much going on that can be kind of difficult.

The ganesha i had that is also going round at the moment was tested at 68 mic

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Maybe you can drop it off at a test-center (if you have a lot of it)? I wouldn't take it without being sure it was lsd.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
DOB and Bromo Dragonfly come to mind off the top of my head. Pretty sure I've had both on blotter now, well Bromo Dragonfly for absolute sure.

They are active at doses small enough to fit on blotter and are marked by a very strong chemical taste. The comeup is longer than acid and the trip can be substantially longer as well.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
st.bot.32 a dit:
DOB and Bromo Dragonfly come to mind off the top of my head. Pretty sure I've had both on blotter now, well Bromo Dragonfly for absolute sure.

They are active at doses small enough to fit on blotter and are marked by a very strong chemical taste. The comeup is longer than acid and the trip can be substantially longer as well.
Allright, this is the first time i've heard of this actually.
But LSD is more preferable right?

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Depends on your preference. I remember someone on the forum saying that he preferred bromo-dragonfly. Personally I haven't tried any, so I can't tell.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Well I quite liked trying it once, it was a sensory extravaganza and I found the trip to be quite empathetic and warm. I don't think it holds a candle to LSD in terms of how far you can take it, or depth of the trip. It isn't nearly as safe either. I wouldn't recommend it for that reason.

I would never willingly buy it again, if I was wanting a longer psychedelic journey that much and couldn't find acid I'd just get myself some san pedro or something instead.

I wrote a trip report of my bromo dragonfly experience, it's on erowid actually if anyone is interested, under the general experience section (with my screen name):

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/bromo_dragonfly/bromo_dragonfly.shtml

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Good report. Bright overview of what Bromo is like.

Pity that it lasts so long, likely developing sleep deprivation, and a lower dose so gentle, which may result in boredom since the duration is still beyond acid.

Perhaps I'll try it out in the future.

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
'after shave/perfume/alluminium foil/metallic/acidish/... '

I have heard many people describe some blotters EXACTLY as you have.

Have you heard of DOB, DOI, DOC Bromo-dragonfly?

CRAMP!!

I had cramps on these things and others describe them also. Apparently the drugs I mentioned above can cause cramps/muscle spasms.
When I took these icky things, they lasted a very long time, 30+ hours. I think there are a variety of drugs going around on blotters that aren't acid and taste like exactly what you said.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
hey wait a minute...... all the blotters i've had have had that marked bitter taste! so i've never actually tried real, pure lsd???

:(

i've always thought it was caused by added preservatives. and since i always try to drop while fasting the awful taste can be quite shitty! it can get a bit overwhelming, i get the almost-headache feelings mindmelt described and this makes me feel dizzy...... at least i never get the cramps

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
I'm pretty sure it sn't DOB or something, as the effects are almost completely gone 8-9 hours after taking the blotter..

Probably (and hopefully) it's just the solvent or some preservatives that causes the taste...
I could test them, but i don't know if it's possible to do that here (i live in belgium).

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
it would me awesome if some of you who've got the means to do the testing got on with it and reported back the results!

innerCartoon

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Juin 2009
Shamanita a dit:
Also, one month ago, i woke up the day after taking these blotters, and had a huge cramp in my left arm.. my arm couldn't move for one whole day. (It could also be that it was an insect who bit me, i don't know...)

very interesting to read this! i took liquid acid last weekend on a goa festival. i also had a huge cramp in my left arm! it was so hard to move. my whole back was cramped, but especially the left arm. a friend of mine took the same acid and had the same troubles. but it got better while comming down.

i didn't notice a strange taste but it was extremely acrid on my tongue.