Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What's a psychonaut?

Thanatos

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mai 2003
misery a dit:
does anyone know where I can get a larger version of that picture? I have been looking for it for quite some time.

Check this site:
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/

When you are, like me, interested in alchemy /jungian psychology or just fascinated by alchemical art, this site is a rich source for you. You can also buy prints, CD-ROMs and even 'reprints' of old alchemical and hermetic books.

The picture you mean is somewhere on this page: http://www.alchemywebsite.com/bookshop/amclglr4.html
it so happens to be available in large format.

G

Invité
Thanatos a dit:
misery a dit:
does anyone know where I can get a larger version of that picture? I have been looking for it for quite some time.

Check this site:
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/

When you are, like me, interested in alchemy /jungian psychology or just fascinated by alchemical art, this site is a rich source for you. You can also buy prints, CD-ROMs and even 'reprints' of old alchemical and hermetic books.

The picture you mean is somewhere on this page: http://www.alchemywebsite.com/bookshop/amclglr4.html
it so happens to be available in large format.

Great prints but man, what a crappy site...

Thanatos

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mai 2003
Also check the etymology of the word 'psychonaut':
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/astronaut

trick a dit:
An astronaut of the mind.. love it.
An astronaut would be 'sailing' between the stars, not in the mind. 8)

How many of you do indeed keep dreamlogs for themselves? Because in fact, a dream is also a psychedelic experience. I am really fascinated by my own dreams. I have written down my dreams pretty consistently for over more then ten years. When you don't write them down, you will forget them for sure. Sometimes, when reading back my dreams, I can't even remember (or believe) that I wrote this. Somehow your dreams are more repressed from your memory then other experiences.

Dantediv86

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Thanatos a dit:
An astronaut would be 'sailing' between the stars, not in the mind. 8)

true

Thanatos a dit:
How many of you do indeed keep dreamlogs for themselves? Because in fact, a dream is also a psychedelic experience. I am really fascinated by my own dreams. I have written down my dreams pretty consistently for over more then ten years. When you don't write them down, you will forget them for sure. Sometimes, when reading back my dreams, I can't even remember (or believe) that I wrote this. Somehow your dreams are more repressed from your memory then other experiences.

the dreams take place in an unconscious moment of the day(intended as 24hours), when the mind is resting, sleeping is indeed another psychedelic experience as the brain is regenerating. and you are not recording, you are free flowing, whatever thought you might have is flowing though you, but your consciousness is partially turned on, is like an engine running to the minimal 1000 rpm just to keep it switched on (so when you are awake it's running to the 2000 rpm) therefore you can't remember your dreams. and often the dreams you're having are too heavy for your conscious mind to withstand that your subconscious (our inner censor) "deletes" these thoughts and dreams so that you can have (according to your ego) a healthy and happy life.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i believe that my dreams don't have to be recorded, that they already do their job without being recorded, so to say...

also, i usually remember my dreams later in the day, when i experience something similar to my dreams. (stupid example: when i see a bus i might remeber dreaming of being on a bus the night before.)

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Sailing my mind is a nice comparison i think! =D

Tbh, marijuana doesn't get the respect it deserves! I've had equally strong effects from mj as i had from 35gs of shrooms!

Thanatos

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mai 2003
Dantediv86 a dit:
...often the dreams you're having are too heavy for your conscious mind to withstand that your subconscious (our inner censor) "deletes" these thoughts and dreams so that you can have (according to your ego) a healthy and happy life.
The way I have understood it, in a very quick summary:
Dreams do indeed originate in your unconscious. You forget your dreams because they originate from a level of consciousness that is not at the ego-level (same reason why you can’t remember your earliest childhood).
You can think of your psyche as in equilibrium: what lacks in your consciousness is complemented in your unconscious. That’s why Freud came up with the idea that dreams are wish-fulfillment. But this thesis is to weak. You have to add processes like individuation (moving through higher levels of consciousness during development).
The dreams you ‘witness’, is what Freud called symbolic dream content. This is what is left after the actual meaning (latent dream content) is censurized. This process is called dream work. So psychoanalysis tries to uncover the latent dream content in order to see what is necessary to get you back in equilibrium. So Meduzz, I do not believe your dreams did the job for you: maybe you remember certain contents in order for you to work on it. Your consciousness has to integrate the unconscious (Jungian psychology).

What I think is so interesting is that this dream-thinking is just below the surface of our ego. This is the way we think as a child, or a few hundreds to thousands of years ago. Freud said it nicely: “What once dominated waking life, while the mind was still young and incompetent, seems now to have been banished into the night

Thanatos

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mai 2003
silv a dit:
Sailing my mind is a nice comparison i think! =D

Makes me wonder what do we use as a ship (metaphorically)? An astronaut uses a spaceship. Does a psychonaut maybe use his soul to travel in Spirit?

In alchemy there is this saying ‘Anima est ligamentum corpus et spiritus', the soul is the connection between body and spirit (it can wander in both worlds).

Tbh, marijuana doesn't get the respect it deserves! I've had equally strong effects from mj as i had from 35gs of shrooms!
True: just smoke a big fat one half an hour before you go to sleep…
Oh brother :prayer:

Then you know the psychedelic properties of MJ.
But it still does not compare to shrooms in my opinion.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
It's even simpler an astro-naut uses an astro-ship (it's roughly translated from italian in Italian they say astronauta for the man who sails the stars and astronave for the vessel used...therefore a psychonaut uses a psychoship to navigate his/her mind and that is the compound he has elected as ship for his trip (WOW it rhymes too!!).

Thanatos a dit:
This is the way we think as a child, or a few hundreds to thousands of years ago. Freud said it nicely: “What once dominated waking life, while the mind was still young and incompetent, seems now to have been banished into the night

Thanatos

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mai 2003
Dantediv86 a dit:
It's even simpler an astro-naut uses an astro-ship (it's roughly translated from italian in Italian they say astronauta for the man who sails the stars and astronave for the vessel used...therefore a psychonaut uses a psychoship to navigate his/her mind and that is the compound he has elected as ship for his trip (WOW it rhymes too!!).
Astronaut vs astronave...
But who is then is the psychonaut and what/who is the psychonave?? :?

Dantediv86 a dit:
Thanatos a dit:
This is the way we think as a child, or a few hundreds to thousands of years ago. Freud said it nicely: “What once dominated waking life, while the mind was still young and incompetent, seems now to have been banished into the night

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
But who is then the psychonaut and what/who is the psychonave??

I think your question has far more complex implications than what initially seems, I too have wondered these things passionately, sober too, but specially in the peak of my last trip. Having said that, I have absolutely no idea :)

Thanatos

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mai 2003
???????? a dit:
But who is then the psychonaut and what/who is the psychonave??

I think your question has far more complex implications than what initially seems, I too have wondered these things passionately, sober too, but specially in the peak of my last trip. Having said that, I have absolutely no idea :)

I realized this when I wrote it down.
There might be no difficulty: only because you compare the etymology of astronaut with that of psychonaut. But: metaphores can be powerful, and explain something that can't be expressed any other way, the problems arise when you take a metaphore (or symbol) litteraly (like those people taking the Bible litteraly).

Back to the metaphore:
What am I? (THE most important question)
Am I: my ego, my Self (total psyche) or God?

Entheogen = psychedelic
En-theo-gen = generate the god within
psyche-delic = manifest the psyche
psyche = God = Being

So, in a 'psychedelic experience' a psychonaut just realizes what he already was. He doesn't need a 'ship': he just is. He and the 'ship' become one. For an astronaut this is not possible.

It might be the term 'psyche' in psychonaut that is causing the trouble: psychology is the only 'science' in which object and subject become one.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" Back to the metaphore:What am I? (THE most important question)
Am I: my ego, my Self (total psyche) or God?

Entheogen = psychedelic
En-theo-gen = generate the god within
psyche-delic = manifest the psyche
psyche = God = Being

So, in a 'psychedelic experience' a psychonaut just realizes what he already was "

This is the first reasons why i chose the name GOD . I`ve been waiting for someone to say what you have just said since i joined this forum . Thank you , mybe a few more people will think these thoughts now and realise what / who they are . And start to trust themselves to be it , to do it and to live it . If everyone did it we could save the planet and take the next step in our evolution . To me this is the main lesson from entheogens and the main reason for using them . I had thought that maybe i was the only one who had seen this and understood it here .

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
GOD a dit:
This is the first reasons why i chose the name GOD .

That's what I thought. But please explain a bit further, because I don't understand how you can really see yourself as a God. Of course, like a god, you can influence the course of people's life and a lot of things, but not to the extent of a god's power. Or maybe we just don't have the same concept of a god?

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
All existence is simply the infinite facets of the Brahman.
God merely refers to this fact.

I think we all understand this to some degree. I certainly do.

Psychedelics reveal this supreme reality through the dissolution of boundaries and the expanded spectrum of perceptual experience.

I could go on forever about it but I don’t think that is necessary.

Peace.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
GOD - Yes, I have been waiting,too. :)

Psychoid- It's a difference in perspective, as you suspected. He isn't referring to himself as THE god, he's referringf to the realization every true psychonaut has eventually;

He's A god, like you, me, and everyone else, but we must be unjacked from the matrix in order to have these realizations.

'Unjacking from the matrix' is more than the act of dropping a psychedelic, it's LISTENING to what the psychedelic says,
and what they all say is the same thing;

' As a race, we are still infants '

' We are all connected in ways that escape our conscious perception '

and yes,

'We're all gods'

The monotheistic, western concept of 'god' was designed to keep primitive peoples out of mischief, and stabilize things.

It was used as a 'big stick', much like the threat of

'Just wait until your father gets home' is dealt to a child.

As noted above, embracing this is what is going to take it to the next level, and hopefully allow our move towards adolescence, if not maturity, as a race.

Like a child, there comes a time when tantrums and shitty diapers must be left behind.

It's time. :!:

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
the power of words....
for those who were wondering about the psycho-ship or psiconave what i elected as ship was the substance used to navigate the mind (i.e. LSD, psilocybin, muscimol, etc. are different vessels) but i guess it is a but trivial after the depth reached by the thread at this point.

GOD until now i was really fought between four things when i started reasoning about the "why you nicknamed yourself GOD"
1: he's an egomaniac who believes himself so superior to everyoneelse (in a negative sense)
2: he's an egomaniac who is superior to everyoneelse therefore he deserves to /be addressed as GOD
3: GOD is a codename (Great Over Dose)
4:the former are all wrong

indeed number 4 was both right and wrong (itself!!) i do understand you now
and indeed i feel ashamed of my NOT seeing the answere that was all along in front of me.