Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Tough new laws on cannabis use

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Tough new laws on cannabis use
Aleisha Preedy
The Australian
Sunday 11 Oct 2009

THE West Australian government is set to roll out some of the toughest cannabis laws in the country in a bid to reduce the number of users.

WA Premier Colin Barnett announced two new legislations relating to drug use at the Liberal Party's state conference.

The government plans to toughen its cannabis law by reducing the legal possession limit from 30g to 10g and banning the sale of all smoking implements and paraphernalia.

To be introduced this week, the new legislation will repeal the former Labor government's Cannabis Control Act, which allowed people to cultivate two plants for personal use.

Under the new laws anyone caught with small amounts of the drug will have to undergo counselling and not re-offend in three years to clear their criminal record.

Anyone caught selling illegal smoking implements to minors will face a $10,000 fine.

While admitting he had never tried the drug, the premier said health authorities were adamant "the cannabis of today is far more potent and far more lethal than the cannabis of the 1960s and 1970s.

"What I hope would happen is a reduction in the usage of cannabis and that we will be far more effective in helping people to stay away from drugs and rehabilitate if they have a drug problem," Mr Barnett said.

"Almost 80 per cent of admissions (to psychiatric hospitals) are somehow drug related."

Under the second new law WA police will be given unprecedented powers to frisk people for drugs and weapons.

The new search law, to be introduced before Christmas, would mean police would no longer be required to prove grounds of suspicion in court.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26195008-12377,00.html

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I thought the same thing. also, "helping people".

fortunately it's only west australia.
the second point, "no proven grounds of suspicion are required for a search", is yet to be controlled and approved by the government, afaik.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
LETHAL!?!?!?!
How did they choose cannabis out of all?
Drug related?
Well dont forget, tobacco, coffe and alcohol, and all the shit 'medicine'!
yes thats also drugs.
What about them? Fuck, if cannabis had a huge fkn corpration behind it to control the strings.
Oh they're probarly running on the assumption its the gateway drug.
I mean, if it really fkn is....Its because its the most known drug of the black market. which means easier to get.
It wouldnt be anything close to it if it were legal.
And lethal? where the hell did he get that idea?
Man i'd be dead by now....tried to overdose on weed so often, it simply just hasnt happened.....and fuck im still alive for some strange magical reason.

If Cannabis really cause abig prosentage of it, i'd say 50% of it was placebo.
And a bad concequence of stubborn cannabis users, who feel not accepted by thier ways in life....and thus turn the other way.

An illegal pothead is more self destructive and dangerous, than a free pothead.

I mean:
tumblr_kq0nsaR5O21qzlcgyo1_400.jpg

imagine

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juin 2009
The guy is a fucking muppet. I dont know about the rest of the world but i rarely in my day to day life meet people as incompetent as our politicians. WA finally got its own sniffer dogs and have (according to my aussie drug forum) been hitting every music festival. It pisses me off how they will test for illegal drugs on the roadside, then have a police spokesman saying that they dont care about intoxication because alcohol has a effect aslong as its in your body. BASTARDS!!!!

BTW hi havent been around much, so fucking busy. Concanamycin stompetty stomp

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
'legal possession limit' ?

no amount of weed is 'legal' in australia. its decriminalized. stupid reporters

WA: another place in australia that is looking less appealing for a holiday

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
"premier said health authorities were adamant "the cannabis of today is far more potent and far more lethal than the cannabis of the 1960s and 1970s"

yeah, well, the cops are 'far more stupid and corrupt' as well, and we seem to be able to tolerate that

guns are 'far more potent and lethal' and we tolerate them

grrrrrrr :twisted:

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
governments are run by n00bs

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
we dont have guns here bro. by law.

This is nonsense.
Colin Barnetts electorate is nothing but upperclass suburbs and so he's appealing to their stupid wants.

Marijuana is currently decriminalized in W.A. thanks to the former labor government, now that the liberals are in power in the west (Liberal is nothing but the name for the party, they've assumed republicanesque traits and are the conservative party in Australia) they want to deminish this achievment as much as possible so that when election time comes they can push for criminalization and point out how decriminalization hasnt worked, it cant work under their government as they dont support it and put ridiculous restrictions that basically eliminate the entire purpose of decriminalization

They want to put small shops out of business for selling bongs. One of my favourite shops in Perth is Joynt venture, but they make at least 50-60% of their profits from bongs.
Stopping people from buying bongs wont do a single thing but make people improvise
i smoked from a coke bottle bong for the first 3-4 years of my stonerdom and will revert to that once my bong breaks
its useless and does nothing but hurt business for small shops

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
canada is poised to go the same way sadly. on the edge of decriminalization, now we are living in deceptiCON times..

and now our PM just got caught spending money funding research on building american-style super prisons here, privately operated of course. sick.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
its disgusting isnt it
its...barbaric even, when you think about it

imagine

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juin 2009
Crimzen but then again labour are as fucking incompetent and corrupt. Problem with NSW is that i dont think anyone can tell the difference between them.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I do believe the reason they claim cannabis is stronger now a days has something to do with the samples tested in the 60's and 70's. It is very possible they tested shit weed or weed that had degraded becuase it was left long amounts of time from seizure to testing.

AND, What a Silly law if you ask me.... :roll:

Legislation, Regulation and Taxation for a greener tomorrow for Man and Earth.

As a legal, regulated and taxed crop, Hemp will become our new super fuel, super medicine and super income for the government meaning they can tax the average person less. :D

I do believe Cali is on the right track I saw on Sky news a report that cali cash crops are the answer to recesion recovery :D

I guess we wait and soon enough they will have a shopping aisle in supermarkets like the alcohol section :lol:

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
Sticki a dit:
I do believe the reason they claim cannabis is stronger now a days has something to do with the samples tested in the 60's and 70's. It is very possible they tested shit weed or weed that had degraded becuase it was left long amounts of time from seizure to testing.

:
Yeah but it aint LETHAL!
:lol:
I mean, even though its stronger these days.....you still wont die from it! :lol:
Fuck This new law is just way to silly.....why do they have thier heads up thier butts?

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I never said it was lethal :?

Im fully aware they cannot say cannabis is the primary cause of any recorded death.

The law change must be purely politically motivated, For the benefit of some ones pocket.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
Sticki a dit:
I never said it was lethal :?

Im fully aware they cannot say cannabis is the primary cause of any recorded death.

The law change must be purely politically motivated, For the benefit of some ones pocket.
AH sorry mate, misunderstood you.

But yeah sounds like some corrupt shit......It wouldnt surprise me.
I've seen my own governments corruption, its so fkn ridicilous...

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Sticki a dit:

you are correct.

http://www.chrisbrunner.com/2006/12/05/top-10-marijuana-myths/ a dit:
This myth is the result of bad data. The researchers who made the claim of increased potency used as their baseline the THC content of marijuana seized by police in the early 1970s. Poor storage of this marijuana in un-air conditioned evidence rooms caused it to deteriorate and decline in potency before any chemical assay was performed. Contemporaneous, independent assays of unseized "street" marijuana from the early 1970s showed a potency equivalent to that of modern "street" marijuana. Actually, the most potent form of this drug that was generally available was sold legally in the 1920s and 1930s by the pharmaceutical company Smith-Klein under the name, "American Cannabis".

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Even if it were stronger, which it isn't, you'd just smoke less, which is a good thing.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
The only thing with that is, "They" claim too many people will just abuse the high grade stuff leading to an influx in mental health conditions.

However, Its the same with alcohol of present and the current research shows that alcohol is far more dangerous then Cannabis to the extent of being lethal and readily available.

We need better education, Regulation, Legislation and Taxation.

Also, We need to have our adult status reinstalled making it possible for the individual to make the desscion whether he or she can handle such things. Proper education would help with this...