Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

TMS DIY

Cyproxicus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Jan 2006
Cabel a dit:
(no offence, but if you see a coke addict on a fMRI machine, you really know how much damage they do)

That's not really the kind of people ur dealing with in this forum. So no offence taken.

I don't mean to start a drugs vs. magnetism debate here.. but what happens if you miss your target? I mean, you say 3 or 4 cm's from there or there.. but what if ur off by a few mm's. Won't there be a whole different part (=function) in the brain??

You got some reading-material for me on this subject... saves you a lot of time answering my noob-questions :D
(And i'd love to see those coked brains :twisted: )

Cabel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Mai 2006
Yes, that is indeed the problem, which is why the oddly shaped magnet has to be locked into place, along with your head. I feel safer doing this with a magnet, then plugging myself in the mains power supply, becasue if we have a power surge, my head is on the other side of the cable.

Basic neuroanatomy is required here, but you can get that simply by looking up sections of the brain (frontal lobe, temporal lobe etc)

I did know one person who made a CES machine, it caught fire and burnt half his hair away, thats what you get for wiring it incorrectly.
The brain itself cant be cooked, unless your going to start playing with heat machines (a machine which basicly creats heat to caues halluications in the brain, you rise over 42 centigrade, and your brain is toast.

Space-is-the-Place: you may be interested to know (if your still on the Savant thing) that TMS can basicly turn off bits of the brain that block Savant abiltys, meaning that this thing is also a cognitive enhancer.

Now, i've had a bit of trouble getting online documents, but, as always, WIkipedia came through for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcrani ... timulation

and heres Wiki's article on CES:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranial_El ... timulation

-Cabel

Cabel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Mai 2006
Ok, people, here we go, the whole thing is set-up, and it appears to be working.

fTMS sessions for me are begining, and so, i'll give you a progress report soon, if I notice any change (I'm well aware of the placebo effect, and am on the lookout (IE finding evidence for change)

-Cabel

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
got any pics of your 'machine'?

Cabel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Mai 2006
Nope, not as of yet, I will have, dont you worry, I will have.

G

Invité
Man, interesting subject.
My interests for the human brain have just been developing recently, but this is some awesome shit!

Man, my interest in drugs brought me a whole lot of other interests :mrgreen:

But I'm interested to see a photo of the device.

Cabel a dit:
you may be interested to know (if your still on the Savant thing) that TMS can basicly turn off bits of the brain that block Savant abiltys, meaning that this thing is also a cognitive enhancer.

Maybe it would also help the people in this society with a really poor way of thinking :roll:

Cabel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Mai 2006
Ok, all, pictures arnt bloody loading on the computer. So i'm going to have to borrow a friends camera in a couple of days, dont worry, you WILL get the pictures.

Anyway, i'm starting up my own little company, called MindGuard (little bit of interestreing trivia: if you Google MindGuard, you'll find software for Linux for avoiding goverment mind control) Anywho, my company will deal with alterations to the mind and memory alterasions/deltetions (possible using Beta blockers). I've got a website being built by a friend, so i'll give you the link when she''s finished.

-Cabel

Cabel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Mai 2006
B

botelhorui

Invité
sorry for digging but doesnt any one knows what happened to this project?