Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

TMS DIY

Cabel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Mai 2006
Hi all, nice to be here.

Now: whilst im all for drugs and everything, i've recently found something else called TMS (transcrainal Magnetic Stimuation) apparently, it turns off parts of the brain by using magnatism. I'm planning to build my own, and will be updating you as I build it, and test it. What i've added to this post is a word doc. with plans for a diffrent device called CES, (dont know the meaning of that one)

-Cabel

G

Invité
Cool, I'm deffinately interested :)
But wouldn't it be more cool to turn on a lot more braincells? (because we only use like 10%)

Cabel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Mai 2006
Well, yeah, we only use 10% at any one time.

if you were going to take a snapshot of your brain in action, then it would be 10% in use. but this 10% changes all the time. So if you filmed your brain for half-an-hour, it would be 100%. We dont use all our brain at once. Othersie it would overheat!

Trust me, im a neruology student.

-Cabel

P.S. Yeah, its possible, but with TMS, it turns off some parts of the brain and allows Savant-like abiltys to shine through.

moonie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Mai 2005
I saw something about this on tv not to long ago.It was about a guy who had damaged hes ears and always heard a beep noise.When he got treated with the magnetic stimulator it helped him allot.The beep noise was still there but not so loud so he could sleep and do stuff.

Interesting !

Cabel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Mai 2006
very soon (well, six months) you should hear more news like this, as the NHS is getting ready to adopt it (for those that live in the UK, that is)

-Cabel

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
sounds very iteresting.. looking forward to your building-report!

i think this should be in General psychonautics though :arrow:

Cabel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Mai 2006
Oh dear, i'm sorry if i've misplaced this.

Anywho, my TMS is rather simple; it consists of two car batterys, one peaice of wire, and a peaie of corkscrew-shaped metal

-Cabel

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
Damn thats something. I read an article on this just 1 year ago. I allways suggested we are magnetic beings.
What kind of device are you trying to make? A device you can aim directly?
If you are just experimenting i would suggest, quit and try runnig a marathon.

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
Anyone disagrees with me? A big electric pulse will stimulate your brain and thought pattern.
It is proven allready, don't just experiment!
What are your target area's in the brain?

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
petfles a dit:
If you are just experimenting i would suggest, quit and try runnig a marathon.

:?: :roll:

i dont really get your point so its kinda hard to [dis]agree

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
have you even read the attachment?

youre asking others if they disagree with something, but there is nothing to agree with..
and what has my post got to do with this? im just saying its interesting, whats not clear about that?

G

Invité
Cabel a dit:

if you were going to take a snapshot of your brain in action, then it would be 10% in use. but this 10% changes all the time. So if you filmed your brain for half-an-hour, it would be 100%. We dont use all our brain at once. Othersie it would overheat!

-Cabel

P.S. Yeah, its possible, but with TMS, it turns off some parts of the brain and allows Savant-like abiltys to shine through.

Cool that there is at least 1 neurology student on this site.
So if I might have questions I can ask you (if thats ok :roll:)

I'm developing a serious interest in the neuronetwork in the humanbrain and all the glands, hormones, tryptamines and stuff... :mrgreen:

BTW: What is a savant ability? (anyone know the dutch word for it?)

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
Ok maybe i'm reacting too impulsive. I have read some essays about this subject. I would not say i am any sort of expert :) I know they want to use devices to treat depressions and sort. I've seen people 'tripping' on magnetism devices, on television, in mental hospitals and experiments ;) But anyway.
Don't you understand it is a subject to debate?
I would advise against influencing the mind from the 'outside'.
Why? Thats to be agreed upon or not. We don't understand anything about magnetism and the mind. Drinking, eating, injecting, has been done for thousands of years.
Would you build your own machine bombski?

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Cabel a dit:

Half of ours brain is spare parts for future-When after exy expiriance you defect some neurons other come to replece them-This is why we cannot use our brain even 50 percent.The smartest people on earth use 1-2 percent more than avarage human :?: :!: 8)

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
petfles a dit:
Don't you understand it is a subject to debate?
sure i do.. but you need to make a statement before someone can agree with it :P
petfles a dit:
I would advise against influencing the mind from the 'outside'.
i think drugs are just as well from the 'outside', its still putting something in your body

petfles a dit:
Drinking, eating, injecting, has been done for thousands of years.
i dont think injecting has been done for that long actually.. and i think new technology should be researched and could have a great effect on the brain.

petfles a dit:
Would you build your own machine bombski?
it depends, i would like to see results with something like it, and i would do some research on what it actually does.
it also depends on the price and how hard it is to make one.
but yeah, perhaps i will make one. who knows..

Cyproxicus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Jan 2006
It might seem a bit off-topic because of the flaming and all.. :roll: ..but what could the results really be of this experiment? What are you expecting or hoping for?

/me knows about this much on influences on the brain by magnetism:
[|||..........]

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
flaming..? :roll:

there was just a little miscommunication..

and sry beacuse this really is offtopic ^^

Cabel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Mai 2006
Oh dear, im afraid i've casues a bit of a stir, sorry about that.

Now, the plans I gave out are for a device, (CES) this device runs a current through the brain, stimulating the various areas (Yes, it is possible to achive Orgasm with this thing). The Device im building is basicly a very powerul eletromagnet, which is capable of 'enforcing' certain nerual structures (IE, im happy, and I turn the machine on, The magnetic current plays with the eletricty in my brain, and enforces the mood) This only works if its aimed over the said area. This is called a fTMS, used for treating such things as epelepsy and depression, and is relativly new.

My Target area in the area of mirth (the bit which makes you feel good when you laugh, put your finger on the edge of ether eyebrow and go up about 3/4 cm, thats it)

The point of my doin the experiment is to prove to myself that it works, the point of me telling you all this is to let you know there are many more ways then just drugs to get on with your grey-matter.

Space-is-the-Place: A savant abilty is a extroadaiy abilty to do certain things at such an early age, IE: Paint, or write, or play music. It alos includes photo-graphic memory capabiletes. (though some say there is no such thing).
Upon querying two translators and my Mentor, it is spelt exaclty like ours. Though im not sure of the pronouncation.

Goran.Hrsak: Smarter people dont use more of their brain, my friend, they have better connections between braincells, inparticular the Corpus Callosum, which connects the left and right hemispehres (Interesting note: if that splits, then you have two diffrent people in the same body)

BombSki: The hardest part about this for me is obtaining this speacily shapped peice of metal (see attachment) and of course, the car batteries.

fTMS's effects only happen on the machine, unlike drugs, which basicly pull your mind's pants down and shags it to death (no offence, but if you see a coke addict on a fMRI machine, you really know how much damage they do)

Now, sorry for the long post, but i've been busy and havent had much time to come online.

Take care, all

-Cabel