Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Tabernanthe Iboga

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Congratulations! That is the longest sentence ever.

Good to hear though. Tell me more, I've been wanting to try this for a while. How did you prepare the bark and where did you get it?

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
Hi,

Thank s

I get 20 grams of Iboga bark from ******* in the start of this year when the price were low because now they sell 5 grams at the price they sold before 20 grams , but there are a lot of sources with better prices , but the quality is good from ******* but i never had try Iboga from other sources to compare the quality.

The bark was already in fine powder so I mixed 10 grams with hot water as the recipes and i drank with the plant material .
I cant describe it more , is very difficult describe it , I only can tell you that is a magical strong shamanic experience , and as I know you already have a relation with teachers plants as Ayahuasca and Mescaline cactus , so I think you will love and you will be able to learn with iboga , but prepares you to have a new experience out of your body , very diffrent of ayahuasca or mescaline ,
if you have been wainting to try it , so try it , but try it only if you a have nothing to do at least in the next 2 days , is really strong and you cant imagine how , the first hours it was very difficult to smoke a joint or to drink water and stand up is IMPOSSIBLE , i wasnt able to move my arms and to find my mouth even my head , but is amazing .

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Really?, two days? I won't be able to find my mouth for two days? I'll starve to death!

Am I really going to still be feeling it the next day?

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
Really?, two days? I won't be able to find my mouth for two days? I'll starve to death!

Were you really unable to move for that long? Or was that part of the trip just temporary?

The full experience was about 8 hours , but my perception and my mood was altered at least 2 days , but depends of the dose and your body metabolism , but isnt so strange for me this kind of long effects with mescaline i get always at least 16 hours of effects and maybe longer full effects then iboga , but the difference is after a full blown mescaline trip I feel totally normal but with iboga is somethings that continues some days , and it was very very difficult to sleep after my iboga trip , but yes you will be able to stand up after a few hours is just temporary , but is better dont drive after a iboga trip .

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Alright, bro. You've given me the motivation to do this, hopefully in the next two weeks.

In this case, ******* seems to be about average as far as price.
Shamanic Extracts: 10g = $43.00 or 34 euro
25g = $98.00 or 77 euro

Maya Ethnobotanicals: these guys have 2 grades, good and excellent

the good: 50g = $50.00 or 39 euro ( this is what I'm leaning towards )
the excellent: 10g = $52.00

*******: 20g = 55 euro

I'm leaning towards the 50g for $50 from Maya so that I can, perhaps start low my first time. But that's a pretty big jump in price, I just hope the "good" stuff isn't a waste of money. I get paid tomorrow so hopefully the wife will let me spend some loot :)

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
I reckon iboga isn't something you decide to do without even considering why you want to do it.

It's even more intense than aya.

If you really want to do it, ask yourself why you want to do it, because, from what I've seen/heard it's the most mindbreaking experience in your life.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Hmmm...why I want to do it.

Because I hear it's a wicked, cool party drug and I want to get totally spun out of my head.

No. I think I mentioned this before, maybe not? but in the many years that I was in art school, I also managed to minor in the study of world religions. I got really into hindu, buddhism, tao, shinto and studied everything I could about them. I'm not a religious person myself but the whole idea of faith fascinates me. I love studying all religions but after a while I started looking at lesser known faiths and those, mainly of undeveloped, smaller civilizations. Then my focus turned towards all the fun stuff we discuss here. I wrote my senior thesis on the use of drugs in religious contexts. I didn't do drugs the entire time I was in college, but a year or so after having finished school, I decided that I wanted to start experiencing some of these magic, sacred things that I had been writing about.

Believe me, I've already begun reading up on this and the whole Bwiti culture that uses tabernanthe iboga in initiation ceremonies. Who knows, I may never do it, hopefully I will have the balls to, but just the excitement at the prospect of doing it is enough.

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
If you feel that iboga is something that can teach you and help you , so i think is time to learn , even if you dont believe in the bwiti culture and you dont need , you only need to believe in Iboga as teacher.

and I wish you a nice trip

G

Invité
I'm still very intrigued, even after 7 years of personal research and I think this is one of the things that once will teach me... Only not now.

Thanks for sharing your information with us amoak, this is usefull stuff :D

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
if you want to learn with iboga , iboga will teach you , but iboga is definitively a very strong and is a diffrent way to learn , but if you feel is better not now , so is better to wait because you really need to trust and respect iboga , is strong and have a long plateau with constants out-of-body experiences ,with absolutely no control , but if use it with respect and clear mind you can fly and reborn with iboga .
Now i m interested in try Tabernaemontana sananho , is used in Brazil in combination with Ayahuasca and it contains Ibogaine alkaloids , is one of the most powerfull amazon brews.

G

Invité
Did you have problems with your heartrate and such?
The information I can find tell me it's pretty risky stuff.

At therapeutic doses, ibogaine has an active window of 24 to 48 hours, is often physically and mentally exhausting and produces ataxia for as long as twelve hours, in some cases even longer. Nausea that may lead to vomiting is not uncommon throughout the experience.

The drug is experimental and controversial, and isolated cases of fatal cardiac arrhythmias during treatment are proposed to have occurred. In such cases there has yet to be a firmly established causal link between mortality and ibogaine administration, because it is unclear whether or not other drugs (such as heroin) were co-administered against indication by the patient himself and because the autopsies have not been conclusive. Arrhythmias have been observed in EKGs to appear following ibogaine ingestion.

Ataxia often occurs when parts of the nervous system that control movement are damaged. People with ataxia experience a failure of muscle control in their arms and legs, resulting in a lack of balance and coordination or a disturbance of gait.

Most disorders that result in ataxia cause cells in the part of the brain called the cerebellum to degenerate, or atrophy. Sometimes the spinal cord is also affected. The phrases cerebellar degeneration and spinocerebellar degeneration are used to describe changes that have taken place in a person’s nervous system; neither term constitutes a specific diagnosis. Cerebellar and spinocerebellar degeneration have many different causes. The age of onset of the resulting ataxia varies depending on the underlying cause of the degeneration.

Cardiac arrhythmia is a group of conditions in which the muscle contraction of the heart is irregular or is faster or slower than normal.

Some arrhythmias are life-threatening medical emergencies that can cause cardiac arrest and sudden death

So this is making me think...
Ofcourse there is no clearity about if it's actually the stuff itself that causes fatal heart attacks or actual damage to the central nerve system, but this is no ordinary walk in the park, that's for shure.

It probably temporarily rearanges or affects your nervous system in a way that you can't coordinate anymore.

And what kind of bodypain did you experience, really intense "knockingpain" or more like a static background pain?

I could try it out these next 2 weeks because I'm off from work and know that it will take a long time before I have 2 days or more off.
But I've decided to wait, read some more, mentally prepare myself more.
Ask people with experience some more ;)
Always the best thing to do imo.

And besides, I have another batch of LSA based herbals lying to be tested and that's also exhausting for you body (at least, this is my experience)

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
Did you have problems with your heartrate and such?
The information I can find tell me it's pretty risky stuff.

Hi,

i think i had a faster pulse rate than my normal , but not so high to be dangerous , but it can be with large doses , there are reports of several deaths with iboga ,

About the Ataxia with iboga is not the same ataxia you describe in your post your talking about people suffering ataxia as illness , ataxia with iboga is a kind of temporary ataxia as all dissosiative drugs , and as i said it was difficult to smoke a cigarette and impossible to stand up , this is a kind of ataxia , but it was temporary , ataxia is a kind of dissosiative state . but yes , iboga can be very dangerous and very unpleasant in large doses or in sensitive persons ,

About the pain , it was intense , intense and unpleasant muscle pain and also stomach disconfort but mainly the first 2 hours , after it had an analgesic effect to me , i did not feel my body and my mind anymore , i was projected to hiperspace

Jimmy_Kalahari

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
Hello dear readers,

Sorry for this long read, I 'm trying to help a friend with the aid of nature's powers.

I started to get interested in psychoactive substances last year. For me 2006 has been quite a revelation. I've never used any drugs except cannabis till I turned 31.

From sampling chemical substances as MDMA, Amphetamine (speed), Cocaine, GHB and LSD I got more into natural stuff as Mushrooms, Iboga and Ayahuasca. I only sampled a bit of Iboga and Yage so I can only say I had some real experiences on different types of mushrooms. Slowly I got convinced that we have forgotten our true connection with nature and I decided not to take any chemical or synthesized anymore.

In this last year a good friend asked me if I could help an old friend of his. The man (56yrs) that had been addicted to speed for about 10 years. It was became clear to me that he was suffering from an amphetamine psychosis. He hears all kinds of voices, and kept getting stuck talking about events that happened a long time ago, but only things were people did wrong to him or others. Like demons from the past.

Me and that good friend (who has great knowledge of biology and nature) decided we would try and help him, because we feared he was also ill with other disease and his physical and mental state was getting worse fast. He takes amphetamines 5 days a week and then sleeps two days.

Since I believe in the astrological opportunities on certain dates for certain people, I found an ideal window of opportunity, from 3-13 November.

After lots of reading and reading, we decided to give him Ayahuasca.
He himself had asked us a couple of times before if we could help him and he fully agreed on using it.
Last Sunday at the full moon, we gave him Ayahuasca. I cleaned the house, myself and prepared a resting place, candles, incense and quality music (whenever I trip I treat the plant as a guest). We invited him over early so we could make sure he wouldn't use anything 12 hours prior before drinking the tea.

I used 30 gr caapi and 30 gr viridis (with a few pieces of virola surinamensis bark) to prepare the Ayahuasca. I took me about 3-4 hours to get a good drinkable amount. I let him drink the caapi brew first and 15 minutes later the Viridis. He downed both pretty easy and after 15 minutes he told us it was starting to work.

Normally this man talk hours and hours at a time with no real story at all, now he was beginning to get quiet. Minutes later he lay himself down on the bed and was at complete rest for about 25 minutes. After that he was still tripping hard for about 2 1/2 hours. he mentioned golden rain from the candles and blue, purple, greenlight webs. He also mentioned an green amazon dragon, with a red dragon behind him (he didn't like the red one). He talked about clearness in his head, relief of back ache and some other smaller pains that bothered him. He said the substance should be treated with a LOT of respect.

So for us the first small dose seem to have been beneficial. It was but what I did afterwards was very wrong. I dropped him of at his house an hour after the experience. What I forgot was the list of foods he should not eat (like old cheese, wine, meat etc.) and that just happens to be what usually occupies his kitchen. And to not use any dope.

I went back the next day to check on him, he bought some new stuff and was reorganizing his house, He still mentioned the clearness the Ayahuasca had given him, but from that point he started to get manic again. Talking faster and louder about things that were bothering him a long time ago. He had used speed, and the comedown on the tea is not really a good moment to start taking this. The situation has gotten worse.

The problem is he should first quit taking speed, before the Ayahuasca can help to heal him. But this is impossible for him since he has been addicted for over 10 years. So I thought maybe the iboga could help him.

Now I think maybe it's better to give him Ibogaine first, I have 10 grams of powder. First I want to give him a gram to see how he responds and maybe to give him a bit of relief. If the Iboga has a good effect I will continue with the Ayahuasca for further healing if needed.

Believe me if I say the world he lives in right now is a living hell, he has used all kinds of stuff and is not afraid for the experience. No medicine or doctor will help. He has been in a mental hospital a few times. No friends or family come to visit him anymore, somehow I feel we are his only chance and we don't have a lot of time.

Is this a right thing to do ? Trying to be Shaman while you are not, I try to use everything with lots of respect, stick to traditional customs. But I've never had both substances myself and of course I will have to bear the consequences if anything goes bad...

And I am a bit afraid of this guys outbursts of anger, I don't know how to stop that. The best way to describe it is the scene in the lords of the rings : fellowship of the Ring movie , Where Frodo meets Bilbo in Rivendell and gets a glimpse of the ring again and tries to take it (wraaaah!!) that bit scared the sh*t out of me. And seeing something like that in real life scares it out of me even more :(

While typing this he called me, pretty relaxed and talking sense, but soon he started to cry and yell about a russian friend of his and how he could be killing him amongst some others. I had to calm him and told him he was a good person that could never have the intent of harming other beings. Then he started to talk sense again. I told him about the Iboga, and I'm visiting him tomorrow to try a bit. Then this Saturdaymorning I give him the remaining 9 grams. At he end of the call he started to get manic an crying again and hung up the phone, I haven't been able to call him back...

This whole story is starting to get quite complex, but from what I've learned from my other trips, behind every big challenge, lies something beautifull.

any good advice is welcome, I will try to keep track of my progress through this topic.

Cheers

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I could be wrong in saying this, but I think that Amoak is the only active member (that I know) who has done iboga, so he can probably help you with that more than anyone else. If you go to the "other natural psychedelics" forum, you can read his post from last week.

I'm pretty experienced with aya and have been interested in iboga for a while, so I'm all for a natural cure. However, I also have a few friends with addictions and disorders, and speaking strictly from my relationship with them, it sounds like your friend may need rehab and some antipsychotic medication to keep the voices out of his head. I realize that most 56 year old speed addicts don't have the money for such treatment, but you may be able to find some sort of free clinic. I see you mentioned that he was in the hospital a few times but you didn't really specify.

I truly believe in the healing power of ayahuasca, as it has done great things for me; things that I never thought any "drug" could do. But it must be done with someone experienced, and I doubt there's a whole mess of shamans and ayahuasqueros in your area. You could try it again, but I'd recommend a stronger brew, something to really put the fear of god in him. It sounds to me that he had too easy of a time with his first experience. If you do have another go at it, stay with him for at least 3 days to make sure he's clean at least that long, you said he sleeps for two days right? Observe the appropriate diet beforehand and fast the day of. I'd also recommend doing it 2 days in a row. The first night with a brew like you mentioned before, and the second night with 60g caapi + 50g viridis. (or more) That's my 2 cents, but I'm no Doctor. Best of luck to you and your friend, I'll be sending you positive mental ju-ju.

Jimmy_Kalahari

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
Thanks for the reply,

I think I'll dose and time the Aya as you proposed, Although I still consider the Iboga, but I also feel I would insult the Aya by doing this, by not being patient enough.

I read Amoaks post on iboga and lots of reports on erowid, watched videos, studied the history, the chemical structure. I even went to Africa and looked for it.

I think Ibogaine also repairs some part of the dopamine system that involves with the wanting/addiction process in human beings. Resetting his dopamine system, would temporarely make him free of speed addiction, Then maybe I can apply the Aya to heal the spiritual (demons) and physical damage.

Money is not really an issue since he used to be a very wealthy man and gifted artist, he has also collected a great collection of statues, paintings, stones and other stuff from around the globe. He is highly intelligent and by no means wants to go to a hospital, he would rather die.

Also I consider having him picked up by a hospital being the same as killing him. Drugged and living as a zombie. My mom has been on anti psychotica and although she is feeling better I feel she's empty of life enjoyment.

I feel if we can somehow restore him, he would be a great possitive influence.

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
Is this a right thing to do ? Trying to be Shaman while you are not, I try to use everything with lots of respect, stick to traditional customs. But I've never had both substances myself and of course I will have to bear the consequences if anything goes bad...

Hi,

I think is not good idea , first is not you that need to have respect , is him that need to believe and respect the plant and itself, does not depend on you , all the healing process only depends on the sick person and his own relation with the trip and depends on the ability he have to make self introspection .

If you never had take iboga or Aya , YOU CANT GIVE IT to a sick person , first you need to know the plants you are working , if you dont know the effects of iboga or ayahuasca you cant help him , you are not able to understand the trip and to understand the power of this plants , and remember Iboga can kill and there are several reports of deaths under addiction treatments .This is totally insane you can kill him.
If he want to be healed I think only he can decide but he need to stop the addiction first ,and please never give ayahuasca to an addicted person , Maois can remain in the body for several weeks after one single dose , depends on his metabolism .

About the addiction , Iboga can hep addicteds , but if he s addicted for long time , he will need a very large dose and this can be very dangereous to the heart , but iboga can be amazing and help with the psychologic traumas, paranoia and all kind of fears as ayahuasca, because iboga is a very introspective trip and gives a reborn sense but at the same time iboga gives intense muscular pain and intense fear and anxiety , and you can not imagine how strong is a iboga trip ,i only recommend to very experience psychedelics users and if you dont fear the death.

Jimmy_Kalahari

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
I went by his place last evening and he was doing well. No weird talking and very cheerfull.

I brought with me this golden mandala box where I keep my herbs in. He looked at the box and asked what was inside. One of nature's great powers, a teacherplant. I'll tell you all about it later on.
We had a good conversation and waited till the moment was right to inform him about what I had in mind. He wanted to try it some while ago, so he agreed on trying it.

I told him that when he wakes up the next day, to take 1 gram and put in in hot water, mix it with some OJ and drink it. If you feel nauseau or other discomfort, lay on the bed and drink water. I tried it this way myself and it works.

I think maybe it's better to try a small dose over a prolonged period of time. and see if it can help him stay of the dope. It's too risky letting him take the full amount.

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
So.... let me tell you about my adventures with quiting smoking.....
2 years ago i managed to quit smoking for 8 months... never thought about starting smoking EVER... i really eliminated the habit... i thought. it was the first time i quited smoking for a long time. But i tsrted again. Since that periode i could never "enjoy"smoking ever since... i once felt how peacefull one becomes when not smoking. So after that i stopped and began smoking several times because i was really feeling bad when i smoke... but wasnt able to really quit.. sometimes i did not smoke for a month .. than tsrat again etc... really draining me from psychological energy. Last oktober i quited again untill a couple of weeks ago////
It's a sneaky bastard... the nicotine.. always finding it's way in my head and making me smoke...
Leaving me feeling bad and not strong enough to quit..
I was thinking about using low dose of ibogaine to help with the process..
anybody... thoughts about this?
rgrds

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
It's a sneaky bastard... the nicotine.. always finding it's way in my head and making me smoke...

I've always found that when I actually wanted to quit an addictive substance, all I actually had to do was, not want it.
I think the idea of using hallucinogens, and other drugs is to open an eye to the fact that what you are doing is evil to your body and mind, etc.
I've quit many addictive substances, and still enjoy many others, it's all about will power and self control sir.
No one makes you light up that cigarette other than yourself.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
It's all in your head though.
My godfather once got hypnotised for quitting smoking. And that went really well. But the hypnotiseur told him to get rid off every cigarette or tobacco in his house. Unfortunetely he left some ciggies in his nightdrawer.... you can imagine what happened next.

I smoked for a while too. Just threw out my ciggies i had and got the 'bleep' over it. that simple.