Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sums up why I almost left the forum.

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I agree on that . Most ? or at least a lot ? of what we now call science had its roots in esoteric thinking , and a lot of what we call esoterics now will become seen to be science in the future . But not all of it . A lot of what is called esoterics now is mentaly confused bullshit .

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Mumu my point was, you trace everything back eventually to that stuff... because thats all that was there long ago. I.e. your post had no point :lol:

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
DUDES! science was invented by the Church to show how people who believed in magick were flawed and by a rational method prove that God (their god not the guy in the forum) was what they thought was rational (ok i'll probably need to explain the last sentence as the wording suck, ask me if you don't understand, but think before you think and think again before you write)...of course it backfired and it got out of their hands, because rational thinking defies the Churches' nonsense.

Back on track, there is no real reason to leave the forum, nor to join it, but the need to learn:
"I've never met a person so stupid i couldn't learn something from them" Galileo Galilei

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Science invented by the church. I don't think so :roll:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
They might have used their opinion of science for their own ends but they didnt invent it .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Good esoterica and spirituality are speculative. They are working hypotheses that aren't (dis)proven yet.

For example, Newton could not explain how the universe remained in it's stable form so he stated God intervened once in a while to restore balance.

Simon Piere de Laplace was the first to conduct scientific research without what he called "the God hypotheses", as he could prove didn't need it :wink:

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
OK OK i worded badly, but indeed the first congregations of scientists in europe in the middle ages were funded by the Church or were they teaching me bullshit? that's stuff i studied in school. of course science was invented way before but the view of the scientist we have today came out back then! And yes it was to prove that autobiogenesis was real. wich of course isn't -.-

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
No, Dante, this is right. Astronomy played an important part back then. Stars were seen as heavenly Figures/Angels. Back then, the Astronomists thought that the planets moved in a perfect circle around Earth, proving the perfect creation of God. Kopernicus was the first (as far as I remember) who disputed the Terracentric worldview and said that the centre of the universe was the sun (or something like that)

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Science was not invented by the church. The church was mostly opposed to science.
Think of Galileo Galilei.

I don't know what school you went to, but i studied history for a short time, and i never heard of science being invented by the church. :roll:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It wasnt and anyone who thinks it was needs a brain transplant . There were Indian , Babylonian , Arabic and other scientists long before jewses .

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
GOD a dit:
It wasnt and anyone who thinks it was needs a brain transplant . There were Indian , Babylonian , Arabic and other scientists long before jewses .

Maybe we went to the wrong school :lol:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I bet some twit will pop his head up now and acuse my teachers of being self destructive homosexuals..........

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
i said i worded it badly i didn't mean to say that scientists were invented by the church...au contraire i mean that the vision of scientist the modern world knows the concept is emerging in the middle ages as a tool to coerce people into their biddings mostly people who had studied greek culture and intended to apply the Aristotelian principles (for that is how old the WRITTEN laws of rational thought are ) to the world they had faith was created by God, of course these people, initially financed by the Church who also had access to, and appreciated too, the Aristotelian methods, got out of hand because "illuminated" by higher thought processes the case is that of Galileo and the Church saw the power these people had at their hands (that of knowledge) and then condemned the phenomenon. However the movement of european scientists that are nowadays the spreaders of most evil of modern science!
that's what i'm saying, is that better?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
yes, for me it was already clear in your last post. Science used to "prove" the existence and beauty of God. Of course this went out of hand when the people began to realize that not everything is in perfect symmetry and perfect.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
What scientist where financed by the church?
I never heard of the (Roman catholic) church financing or supporting scientists.
:?:

Sorry if i missed you're point. I had a hard time understanding your post?
And i am still not sure if i understand what you are saying

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
magickmumu a dit:
What scientist where financed by the church?
you are fine right there! now do a research on your own for personal enrichment and if i'm wrong bring forth the evidence i'll be ready to apologise for my ignorance and rethink and remember not to trust your teachers!