Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Shrooms to be banned in the Netherlands

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I have read this threat til page 3, I'll read further bur first I want to say something. I don't think you can blame religion for that. Religion is something very beautiful and I also think that the bible has a lot of stuff in it we can learn of . What we really should blame is the church. It is an individual choice to have his belief, in a free world everyone has/can have his own religion. Religion doesn't speak against the natural rules. Religion is something that doesn't belong in our system while the church IS in our system.

I also think that there are a lot of VERY conservative movements, especially in America. This is really bad. Renaissance, Enlightenment, was it all for nothing? The liberal theory, goddammit, the government should stop with this illegalisation and surpression.

It is really bad what happened to the Netherlands, i hope this doesn't cause a wave of bans :?

pompiedom

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
HeartCore a dit:
There are, btw, interesting links between the CDA and RTL4, not sure if you are aware of it.

You've just made me curious!

Arlecchino

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
How about setting up a religion of freedom, peacefulness, openness and tolerance and having the mushroom as it's sacrament. A bit like the Church of Santo Daime (Ayahuasca church), but not built on any specific religion. This combination would give an entry point to the judicial process, as many countries have freedom of religion in their constitution. Someone might call it a loophole, but as many believe in these things, it would be a religion worth having. A religion to release us from religion. A religion with only one rule, a rule that there are no rules.

When you insist seeing evil in others, you only strengthen the polarization. "Them" is us.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
tryptonaut a dit:
It doesn't mean the press is not free in an "1984" Orwellian sense, it only means they are not free to really investigate and research because they don't have the time to do so. I know how it works in an editorial office of a tv station - the editors read the papers, then someone says "hey, paper XY has this news on how dangerous shrooms are, we gotta make something of that, too!"

Exploitative journalism. I'm not sure how often journalism ISN'T exploitative. (Much like reefer madness, where the makers were just out to make a buck and probably didn't even care to know anything about mj)

As far as the bible actually goes, it says squat all about drugs other than alcohol, of which there are as many yays for it as neighs. Everything else is pure interpretation.

Although some scholars seem to think that "cannabis" was used in the old testemant frequently by the israelites for religous purposes.. depending on whether you name a certain noun "kanehbosm","kanehbos"

nomadn

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Mar 2008
Sad indeed...

My feeling on the whole protest thing is that when it comes to drugs, there is almost no point for a few people to stand up and protest, because as long as the government dont take it themselves, they will always be scared of it. And what they fear they will ban, always. Their fear is that you know something they don't know, so of course they are going to ban it. To understand how scared they are, just look at the lengths they will go to stop it. Most of the LSD manufacturers from the 60s are still serving life sentences right now, more than a lot of murderes get. That's how fearful people are of the unknown. But its not hopeless!

I dont know how many of you attended the world psychedelic forum in Basel earlier this year - it was really an inspiration to me. I started to lose hope of psychedelics ever becoming more mainstream and accepted in society, until i heard about all the wonderful things that are happening. A lot of organisations like MAPS are trying to get psychedelics legalised by playing the medical card - i.e. psychedelics can be used to treat (and cure) mental addictions. Research has been allowed to start again in earnest after 40 years of prohibition. And the wonderful thing is that these projects are all proving successful (of course) - soon the evidence will be too much for people to ignore. So whilst we may not be able to get drugs legalised on the grounds of 'personal freedom', more and more people will turn to these drugs for treatment and slowly people will begin to trust the movement. Soon we will outnumber those who are opposed to it - and once that happens, the goverment wont have a choice but to legalise.... it may take a long time, it may not even be in my lifetime, but i still believe it will happen one day.

Whilst it may seem like we - the peeps on the ground - are powerless - we aren't. Keep opening your mind, keep reserching, keep experimenting, keep networking - keep the movement alive - and pass the message on to your friends/family. By doing this we have the power to move mountains!

xxx

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
HeartCore a dit:
There are, btw, interesting links between the CDA and RTL4, not sure if you are aware of it.

I don't know about the connection btw CDA and RTL4
I know about Rita Verdonk? see has a lot of connections in showbizz.
Jensen was very negative about mushrooms in his show.

On the other hand D66 and BNN seem to have some connection.

By using mushrooms in a sacred way (and not just for fun),
we can change the way people feel about mushroom use.
We must educate people about entheogens and move away from the drugsscene and the relationship to other drugs like cocaine. it must be made clear that psychedelics are no party drugs and psychedelics are sacred.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
All mushrooms with a hallucinogenic effect (shrooms) will be placed on list II of the Opium Law.

Hmmm. Interesting. I've never hallucinated on shrooms.

G

Invité
"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34)

MyBeautifulMind

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Avr 2008
We will also have to look into alternative methods for reaching mystical expieriences (hypnosis, autohypnosis, meditation, ritual, rythmic dancing etc.).

The mushrooms grow worldwide, I got some out of the bavarian forest in Germany, I purchased them from an old farmer here in Nepal, you get them in Indonesia and Thailand. Hard to prohibit such a plant...

There is the "church-christanity" of the middleclass, which has nothing to do with the often mystical experiences of christian saints (Hildegard of Bingen, Mechthild of Magdeburg, Therese Neumann of Konnersreuth etc.). We have to study these mystics and their teachings, because we might get valueable arguments for the discussion with mainstream christians. We can proof , that a "trip" is nothing alien to religion. It is the foundation of religion, before it gets organiozed and monopolized by the priesthood. There is a growing desire to liberate religious experience in new forms from the orthodox dogma.
Here we might get strange allies, but we have to find a comon language.
The word "drug" should NEVER be used by US, we should always use the term "mindaltering substances". "Drug" means to use and speak the language of supression, top-down, it is giving in to defeat. We need our own codes and symbols, not those of the rulers for liberated communication will be essential... :twisted:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
'if it aint broke, don't fix it'.

Yup . Why sit on a mountain for 20 years imagining one hand clapping , and then when you cant imagining you can , when you can reach a "better" place in 45 minutes .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I changed the title of this thread, because shrooms are not banned yet.
We will also have to look into alternative methods for reaching mystical expieriences (hypnosis, autohypnosis, meditation, ritual, rythmic dancing etc.).
These are not alternative methods, but complimentary techniques.