Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Same sex mariages

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
"The christian church doesn't have to marry gay couples if they don't want to, that's not a problem. But gay couples do have a right to be married legally so they can have the same rights in a -non religious- state."

They surely do.

People have to realize that the LAW should be divorced COMPLETELY from religion.

I mean seriously, anyone who thinks churches should dictate legality doesn't understand that the lessons of history teach repeatedly that THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Organized religion is memetic social cancer.

(anyone unfamiliar with what a 'meme' is......here's Websters definition;

Main Entry:
meme
\?m?m\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
alteration of mimeme, from mim- (as in mimesis) + -eme
Date:

: an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I thoughtb nazi land was built on a constitution separateing the church from the state .

Basho

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Mar 2009
GOD a dit:
I thoughtb nazi land was built on a constitution separateing the church from the state .

No. While the idea of church and state separation was initially put forth by Thomas Jefferson (who had little to do with the framing of the constitution), the current situation in America was propagated by the Supreme Court. Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everson_v. ... _Education I wholeheartedly agree with spice, organized religion is a poison of civilization and needs to be kept far, far away from any type of lawmaking. America has such a skewed view of morality, who the hell knows what might happen in the future. Honestly, if you think we're nazis try living in some African countries or an old Soviet-bloc, even Russia for that matter.

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
marriage.. ok that's their thing
addoption or having a child in any way... no

I think Freud was clear enough on that point.
(It was a guy on tv from homosexual parent who admitted he had to do his 'coming out' to his parents being hetero. Doesn't say anything, but still a kinda 'funny' fact for that one case)

But no doubt some homosexual parents could be better parents then some heteresexual ones...
Childbirth control was a nazi idea. not sure it was THAT wrong when you see in what education/environment condition some kids have to grow up. others state that it's a basic human right to reproduce yourself...
In my opinion having a child is not about YOUR right as a parent to reproduce yourself, it's about a future living being, who has the right to receive the best opportunities life could give him. Some are doing well, others don't.
I'm not sure what to think about all that.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
To clarify . I dont think that all US citizens are nazis but a very , very large proportion are and the people who were in controle were = satan bush and the mafia behind him . So is the military , industrial , secret service complex that realy runs the US . Obama still has to prove hes not just another nazi pupet .

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
isn't that quite off-topic ?

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
achiless- It seems a bit contradictory that you would grant the right to marry, but not all the things that come with family life.

I sense your position is either not totally reasoned out, or it is not what you really think.

What difference does it make to you, personally, if a couple of gay people adopt a child?

If you are defending, in the abstract, their right to do such a thing, (which you are) then by extension, whether you realize it or not, you are also defending their 'right' to have a family.

:idea:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Less than your last reply . The problems about same sex mariage are largely in the US and are caused by faschistoid ( = nazi ) ways of thinking .

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
No, they are caused by the CHURCH.....which implements these 'faschistoid ( = nazi ) types of thought processes.

If you were a REAL christian, and not one who goes to church to socialize and admire each others clothes, (like 90% of America) then you would have actually

TOOK THE GOSPEL OF JESUS into your heart

AND.....QUIT....judging people.

Gay people are just people.

God-damn organized religion.

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
I think it's at least partly about equal protection under the law. If a law allows two people to have a contract called marriage, it can't specify that those people have to be a certain gender. It can specify age, but that's about it.

I don't think the animal argument is valid. It's just a scare tactic put out there by idiots. It's like saying if we give women or blacks the right to vote, the next thing you know we'll be giving dogs the right to vote....idiotic...and hurtful....because it is equating oppressed people with animals. So, I won't comment on that more than I already have.

The same is true for polygamy. (scare tactic) It's a contract between two people which can't be based on gender. It does not mean that more then two people can join into the contract. I don't think it's quite as hurtful, but it's just a scare tactic to even bring it up.

I wonder if it would be easier if the government just got out of the marriage business and only issued civil unions (to men and woman and people of the same gender). Then the various religious groups or whoever could decide what to call marriage. Marriage could just be a meaningless designation legally, but could mean whatever people wanted to put on it with their religion.

I don't see how either side could really argue against that solution. (Although I'm sure they could.)

I think years from now, people who are anti gay will look just like when we look at old footage of people arguing against women's rights and rights for black people. They will look like complete bigoted idiots, and will be embarrassments to their political parties, families, and religions. When Obama is old and looking back on his political career, he too will feel ashamed of opposing gay marriage, just like everyone else who does. I feel bad for his decision.

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
spice a dit:
alphasnail- you say this like you were there.

Quit spouting dogma. If you don't have a viewpoint that isn't Southern Baptist, kindly

SHUT THE FUCK UP :!:

Haha dont be a ignorant hater, Im not forcing my opinion onto you. And dogma? Southern Baptist opions? dude lol you are wayyyyy off what my religion is.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
'don't be a ignorant hater'

I guess that says it all

You say you're not forcing your opinion on me.....

Which shows how much you are comprehending the discussion, which exists PRECISELY because your cohorts, Republicans and religious weirdos, ARE too forcing YOUR opinion down a lot of people's throats.

Ground control to major Tom......

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
Well, like I explained: marriage is their thing. And I really have no problem about that. It's in my vision more a life-bounding administrative thing. (Statistics tend to prove that less gay couples last, that's another thing.)
And religious-wise, I know priest giving kind of a formal blessing that looked like marriage to gays. Catholics are supposed to love everybody. I really don't see what proper use of religion has to do with it. Misuse of religion is something else. That's not because of religion, it's because of what some people do with it.

Personally I would be concerned about the child... If my neighbors are beating the crap out of their kido, I am, personally, not suffering from it. (But because I would be worried about the kid's well-being, I'd call the cops.) For the same reason, I am having concerns about the wellness of a kid being grown up by homophile parents... what about the electra/Oedipus-complex? What about the laughing from other kids in school? It would be a disaster for the child's live if would come to regret having been adopted by same-sex parents. Don't you agree? Even psychologists disagree on this topic... If they don't know for sure, who does?

And indeed, my position is even not totally reasoned out at all. But out of my most primitive sentiment (call it kind of xenophobia), I'd vote against adoption. But yeah, I should maybe consider changing my opinion...

[animals actually DO have gay sex (as we can't be sure about their feelings). We are in no way better or worse then animals :) however, animals don't destroy the environment and mostly don't kill each-others, tho]

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
People who smoke tobaco can have kids , so can schitzophrenics , so can mass murderers , even politicians , judges , prosecuters and the police can so why not homos ?

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
achilless a dit:
not sure it was THAT wrong when you see in what education/environment condition some kids have to grow up. others state that it's a basic human right to reproduce yourself...

I'd prefer those ppl not having kids, if it's any danger to the kids well being

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What are you going to do round them up and sterilise them ? Or make them wear a star on their shirts ? Or tatoo a number on their wrists ?

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
spice a dit:
'don't be a ignorant hater'

I guess that says it all

You say you're not forcing your opinion on me.....

Which shows how much you are comprehending the discussion, which exists PRECISELY because your cohorts, Republicans and religious weirdos, ARE too forcing YOUR opinion down a lot of people's throats.

Ground control to major Tom......

Your ignorant is in you dont know what your talking about, you are making false assumtions off your own bias views on one subject. It is a sin in my religion to force things on others, ESP religion in it self. and btw, I voted Democrat. =] But you are right, there are some nuts that claim name to my religion out their trying to force their ideas on others, To bad they are the minority, and looked down apon by us. =] So next time, no need to tell people to shut the fuck up when they are expressing their views. Tells me you are uninterested in what they have to say, and dont want to listen because your to fixed on your uneducated views. I say uneducated because you have no idea who I am, and I have no idea who you are. But im not the one here who is causing conflict.

I remember me saying "this is MY belief, respect it" why is that such a hard request? I respect your views, I just dont like the idea of you forcing them on me, like tell me to shut up? As if we all are to abide by your views inorder to make you feel comfortable about yourself.

lol off topic much?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
No , not off topic . Carry on .

Instead of playing the you dont know game just tell us what religeous sect you belong to .

And if you want to try to disqualify Spices coments because he doesnt know you you disqualify yourself to because you dont know him .

Personaly i respect your riight to have an opinnion ( thats not saying that anyone else doesnt ) .

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
GOD a dit:
What are you going to do round them up and sterilise them ? Or make them wear a star on their shirts ? Or tatoo a number on their wrists ?

don't compare me to neo-nazis, i'm surely not that. I'm just saying birth control has its advantages as well. Like in China. Comes with inconveniences and moral problems, tho.

alphasnail a dit:
there are some nuts that claim name to my religion out their trying to force their ideas on others, To bad they are the minority
hmm, sounds to me you're not the majority here...