Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

question about peyote

mrvn

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
That's well spread orange rot and its killing youre peyote. I'm sorry but theres nothing to do about it since its so spread out sorry man but its gone :-(

Bule010

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Août 2010
That is sad to hear...
I left it with someone to take care and now this happens... my baby died... :cry: :cry:

Bule010

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Août 2010
It is also impossible to 'root' her?
I think the roots at this moment are still fine...

BlackJackal

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2011
lucifer1982 a dit:
Hello
I have another question. Last month when i boughted a very big and old peyote from a collector, he told me that peyotes are not actief (mescaline) in cold europe. But i have heard people who has eaten peyote with good results.
I shall add the picture of the plant, can someone tell me of such a old plant with give any trip or not? Shall i feel anything or something if i eat this plant?
Thank you.

picture: http://easy-upload.nl/f/hq5R5k2B

I cannot open your picture :?

Sounds like you have a very inspiring plant. I wouldn't recommend eating 1 button as the experience will most likely amount to nothing. A common dose is around 6-10 mature buttons or more. Believe me you'll find it much more rewarding keeping your peyote alive. If you're seriously looking to experience mescaline & quickly I'd suggest San Pedro. Native plants/cuttings are evidently more potent than those cultivated in cold climates.

EDIT:
Just noticed your Peyote pictures in another thread (ignore irrelevant stuff above)...you definitely have more than 1 button & some very exceptional cactus. My collection is also untested so I'll presume a lower alkaloid content of European cultivated Peyote in contrast to native plants - maybe the alkaloids stabilise during Peyote's extremely slow growth rate?..maybe someone else can answer this question before me searching google..?

BlackJackal

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2011
Glad you said that because I feared having nightmares over my growing collection. Thanks for the info.

B

Bibbmeister

Invité
I bought 4 babypeyotes maybe 3 cm in diameter about 6 months ago. Since like 2-3 weeks ago two of them got dark spots on them and they didn't stop growing..

so I googled my way in to that the best thing to do is to slice the dark spots and remove the tissue witch I did. But they still look like shit and I'm afraid they might die.

I want to know why these spots appeard, cause the sunlight isn't the problem in my windows.

Did I overwatered them or too much plantnutrition in the the water or both? Please help me, what should i do? And how much sliced tissue could such a small peyote handle?

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
It will be very useful when you post a picture.

It is probably an infection through the roots, which grew further to the skin of the Peyote.
Roots get easily damaged and infected while potting or repotting a Peyote Cactus.

It could be an insect which made small holes in the skin of a plant.
It could be the spines of another cactus which made small holes in the Peyote.

B

Bibbmeister

Invité
Sorry, I don't have a camera at home. Called the distributer an he was pretty sure that it was overnutrition/watering that caused the spots. I will post some pictures when I got my camera!

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
Little late, but figure I'll throw my 2 cents in... Peyote need very little extra nutrition to grow and extra fertilizing can actually cause the heads the "explode" so possible the extra plant food you were giving could have caused "minor eruptions"

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
Too much fertilizer and water can a Peyote tear open vertically.
This has nothing to do with dark spots.

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
i have some lophophora caespitosa, and was wondering.

my lophophora is now too big for the host 'graft' cactus so i am wondering do i split up all the cacti buttons and start again.

or can i flip the lophophora upside down and graft it onto a bigger cacti say San Pedro?

will it grow like this???? help

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
Although I've never grafted, I have seen that Loph do grapht easily to just about any host. Any open cut seems to heal nicely. I don't see why it won't work. But I have to add, I'm not an expert, I only read a lot on Loph.

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
light fell and burnt my peyote pretty bad on one side she is out of light now any thing you know to help here, can i put alovera on my peyote to help.

it just sort of started to cave in and turn brown ;,,,,,( i might put alovera on abit

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
Do not place this Peyote in the sun for the next two weeks.
When the soil is dried out give the Peyote water, let the excess of water flow away.
Place your Peyote after two weeks in the sun.
Turn the site which is not burnt towards the sun.
Be carefull with the sun for this Peyote till the autumn.

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
i have just started growing collecting.

my Lophpophora caespitosta is ready for pupping and tacking of for grafts.

i have tried my first graft, not sure if it has taken?

But i need help can i Root a Pup in straight stone mix no soil?
i thought this for total draining?
should i be growing in such medium, i ask because my pups in stone seem to be slowly dying i used an organic root hormone should i continue to leave them in stone mix, or should i instantly remove them and put them in a cactus soil????
dont wont them to die they take soo long to grow.

M

MermaidM

Invité
Hello, ive actually tried both ways. I was successful when putting a pup in a soil mix with added perlite & gravel. I found that the soil helped the pups grow better than putting them in gravel/ stone only. Hope this helps :D

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
cheers bro yeah i have a garden bed walled with big rocks and filled with smaller gravel about fish stone size, but i wasnt getting the best vibe off my cacti so i left most the stone in and pulled out the cacti and put a bowl full amount of good sandy soil just for the plants and they seem much better. and added some powdered lime and some worm stuff.

i think its best to grow them pretty much the way you buy them and maybe slowly change their environment :D

the san pedro and peruvian torch were doing pretty good but i think the lophophora caespitosas were not liking the straight gravel too much in direct sun but they are hardy and seem to always soldier on and bounce back.

actually the lophophora that were on graft stock looked healthiest.. now i have to go about changing graft stocks never done it before? ahaha everytime i think about doing it i feel like a butcher i want to do it nicely.

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
always check OFTEN when first introducing new lighting or using a new greenhouse, sunburn can happen fast,
luckily i found her just in time to save her. Kept her in the dark pretty much for 2 months let out on a full moon and slowly introduced into light.
i even put some put some crushed up alovera leaf juice for a couple weeks, felt bad, didnt do any harm mould or nothing so.?

a couple of months after. just getting regular sun in these shots.

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
ive found out, you can graft upside down.

you can also do a "three way graft", so you take your grafted cactus and simply remove roots off of stock, and then re-graft stock and scion onto another stock.

not sure if these have any slowing effect on the growth or not?

or you can break up lophophora and root pups.
or carefully remove lophophora off of stock completely and graft onto a bigger stock.

i am going to try a three way graft.

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
we need more emoticons

How about a 'Thumbsup'? . ... cuz that's what I wanted to put here

2 Thumbs Up and thanks for letting us know.

28t302w00joyyyr.jpg