Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

question about peyote

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
thanks for the reply! i put the plastic wrap back on the cacti 2 days ago, but just took it back off. the soil is now soaked, and in indirect sunlight. ill let ya know if theres a change in the next week. thanks again.

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
No plastic above the seedlings !
They need fresh air now !

You can put small stones (2-5 mm) on the soil.
This prevents the soil from drying out.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
yeah, i took the plastic wrap off. i was just trying to keep the moisture in the soil so its not too wet, but still lets the plants grow. ill keep ya informed

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
MrCactus a dit:
Better gave them water from underneath every 1,5 - 2 weeks, totally drench the soil.
No spraying.
Better have them grow in natural light, but be aware of direct sunlight !
Be careful with too much fertilizer and too much (sprayed) water, which weakens the plant..
The Peyote's will grow too tall, and will contain too much water,

Brown color could be fertilizer.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................
fuck this. now they are all pretty much dead.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
well, id say that there are only 3 actual dead cacti out of that bunch. i did pretty much the complete opposite of what that r-tard told me to do, and they are looking much better.

ill get some pics soon

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I have same question about brown lower color, green upper... Although I haven't seen my plants for 3 weeks.

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
Brown color at the under-side of a cactus-seedling:
1. lower tissue rots.
2. pigmentation against too much heat or sunshine.

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
Ultima a dit:
well, id say that there are only 3 actual dead cacti out of that bunch. i did pretty much the complete opposite of what that r-tard told me to do, and they are looking much better.

ill get some pics soon
Nice to hear ! ;-)

Be careful with water and heat.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
they look like tiny grubs.. i just noticed them.. and 3 of my little guys are eaten.. they are tiny, and they look like they are living inside of them... wtf!

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
pick out the grubs and eat them.

wright a trip report if anything happens... :p

sorry mate, idk anything about cacti. :S
but i know i would deffinatly be flipping if something other than me were eating them. :ANAL:

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
yeah.. i wasnt too happy to see the wormlike grub things in there.. but i took out the cacti that were effected, and im feeling pretty good with how the others are looking.. im letting the soil completely dry out for a few days.. hoping that the bastards will dry up with it. ill start posting pics of my little guys soon, as well with my peruvian torch/san pedro seedlings and my new cuttings, ect.

ill keep ya guys updated

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
sounds like you have quite the little cacti garden. im quite jelous! :)

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
yeah iv got some nice looking plants, cant wait to test em out. i figure by my 25th bday ill have enough cacti to trip everyday for the rest of my life, and out in canada its 100% legal, so i never have to worry about getting in trouble!

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
how big are the grubs? are they in the soil or burrowing inside the cacti?

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
MrCactus a dit:
Can you post a picture of the tiny grubs ?

well, im not sure where they came from.. but they were so small i would have had trouble getting a pic of them. it looked like they started in the soil and made their way into the base of the cacti. none of my other cacti are effected whatsoever.. so i think they are okay.

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
I've finally translated the word grub ! ;-)

The little grubs are probably the grubs of the sciara fly.
The fly itself has long black wings, which it moves continuously.
The fly is laying eggs in the soil, out of which the grubs are coming a couple of days later.
The grubs are eating the roots.

You can control the grubs with Steinernema feltiae,
and control the flies with yellow sticky catch-plates.

Better is to get the soil not wet for too long time.
So give the cacti every 2 weeks water.
And let the water run off after a couple of hours.
(And no watering in winter time).

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
are they large flies? because the little flies i have here are almost the same size as a gnatt (or however its spelt) very small.. but i let the soil dry out for 2 weeks, which killed off all of those stupid little flies. no more of my cacti have died, and they are actually looking very good from the lack of water.

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
it sounds like Sciarid flies/fungus gnats (google "Sciarid flies" and see)
Sciarid flies / fungus gnats eat fungi in the soil and root hairs. they can kill a plant through root damage and act as a vector for plant disease.
they can be killed using FOOD CROP SAFE insecticides, or a biological control such as Laelapidae (a mite i think) or Steinernematidae nematode worms, both of which predate Sciarid and their larvae, available online and sold as biological controls.
treat all plants in the house as other plant pots may act as a reservoir for Sciarid