Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

question about peyote

mrvn

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Groran: U WILL LOST ONE YEAR MINIMUM TO 4 YEARS IN CACTI GROWTH TIME BUT U WILL STILL BE THE OWNER OF THEM!

Well i hope so,
I'm not growing them to eat em, just for the fun of growing a plant.
o well a nother leason learned
NEVER TRUST THE NICE LADY FROM THE GARDEN CENTER WHO SAID ''NO CERAMIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT FOR YOURE CACTI........'' :wink: :lol:

i'll keep you udated

peace

lucifer1982

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Oct 2008
Hi people
I have been suffered wide three years started with collecting old to very old lophophora' s (peyote). I have now a greenhouse and one piece or 20 old peyotes.
For some of my plants I have spent more than 200 euro. Now am I look up to find more old plants. In which countries do have I chance of encountering them? Eastern Europe? I gladly hear of your (adrress where i can bye very old plants).
Peyotes are very importent for me, nothing make me so happy ass bying a big lophophora :D

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
China and India definately... South America too !

But what do you mean , old plants ?

lucifer1982

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Oct 2008
I mean plants about 50, 60 years old (or older), I have now 2 of them. China and India? How can I get some old peyotes from those lands? Bye from internet-shops?

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
lucifer1982 a dit:
I mean plants about 50, 60 years old (or older), I have now 2 of them. China and India? How can I get some old peyotes from those lands? Bye from internet-shops?

i doubt that.
try searching for psychonaut forums in those countries or parts of the world.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Peyote from China and India ?

Peyote that old are extremely rare and VERY expensive . They have probably been picked wild . How would anyone know how old a peyote is ?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Excessive dosages of peyotes have the ability to produce frank lucid dreams with physical presence in a world with impossible possibilities. There's no way to tell whether you're awake or not. Fly over buildings with the green and black magic. It's my wish to be there at least once in my life. And I do not doubt about saying the mescaline cacti are my choice if I had to pick ONE psychoactive forever.

Datura and peyotes are the only plants with the potency to produce lucid dreams. The bad and good wizard they are.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Brugmansia a dit:
Excessive dosages of peyotes have the ability to produce frank lucid dreams with physical presence in a world with impossible possibilities. There's no way to tell whether you're awake or not. Fly over buildings with the green and black magic. It's my wish to be there at least once in my life. And I do not doubt about saying the mescaline cacti are my choice if I had to pick ONE psychoactive forever.

Datura and peyotes are the only plants with the potency to produce lucid dreams. The bad and good wizard they are.

Frank psychotic episode or lucid dreams? I can't sleep on any of those two drugs. Scopolamine maybe but that dream isn't dream.

H

hikuri

Invité
:D I can help you but u have to prove to me this will be a good home for these chief grandfathers plants.

PM me ... I will ignore PMs by any other posters ..thanks

sclaws

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juin 2009
Old Lophs are hard to come by and in my experience China is not the place to get them. The plants I see from asia are not so much as old as "big" made so by excessive use of fertilier, lighting and water. If you are looking for really old lophs you will have to be patient as growers are reluctant to sell. Chech and Polish growers are your best bet I think. I have plants that are old, in excess of 40 yrs but as people have pointed out; unless you know a plant's true history after a certain age it gets difffcult to tell. Watch out for grafted plants that have been rerooted to give them the appearence of added age. Some of my fairly old plants can be seen on www.crazycacti.co.uk
Happy hunting.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
i HAVE 12 PEYOTES. MEANING 12 PEYOTES OLDER THEN 29 YEARS. GOT THEM FROM MY FRIEND WHO WORKS ON SHIP-CRUISER. SHIP HOTEL. HE HAS ON E TAKEN COUPLE OF DAYS FOR HOLIDAYS AND BOUGHT PEYOTES FROM MEXICAN BOTANICAL GARDEN. SOME 10 YEAR AGO. U HAVE PHOTOS OF THEM SOMEWHERE HERE ON CACTI THREAD.

sclaws

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juin 2009
Just to be clear- the age of a plant is difficult to determine. If your peyote are kept in denuded soil and cramped conditions they will stay alive but not grow. I have ten year old lophophora that are smaller than ones half their age. Typically a 29 year plant will take the mature form as pictured here, this is what I would consider to be a mature plant- one that has either pups or that produces multiple blooms at once. If the other plants depicted on this page are 29 years old then my suspicion is that they have been starved....

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Look, they arrived from Mexican botanic garden. And from stories I heard noone gives attention for cacti over there! They are collectors of every plant on earth! Also they grow cacti from seed! This is main part of cacti growth rate afterwards! Seed cacti isn't grafted or cutted one! Main difference between them is number of white tufts. Main indicator that U have cacti which isn't grafted. Or maybe cut down and then replanted. But U get new head(or heads) from roots which usually have more then double of those white spines-tufts. I know how old they are, and have papers!! Yes I have papers where they origin from! But it's true, they were soft, loose when I got them. But I know that they should be like that! Just look on web real pictures of cacti picked up by Indians! They doesn't pick such as yours, only shape like my. Will post U one photo to see.

sclaws

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juin 2009
Hope I didn't offend. These wonderful plants come in such a wide variety of shapes- depending on where ther originate from. I was trying to be helpful. The white tufts increase with rate of flowering. No question- you have some great plants there.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
nO WORRY, ONLY HARD, REALLY HARD WORDS UPSETS ME . Sorry for caps lock.
But can U beleive that this one have 29 years! 28 and 11 months!!! Seed grown! Description mentioned before as I remember? This is true Mexican cacti! origin from (wrong spelled) - CHIHUAHUA desert. Came out of seed, no graft, no sprout, no regrown crown! Just it is, this cacti grow and here it is.

Pozz and Love by Gogy

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
goran, your a big meany head, and i dislike you!!! are those harsh enough words to upset you?:) hehe, im just playin. but i am loving your plants. are you ever going to eat them? youd think after 29 years they would be ready to consume.. :)

im currently growing just over 2000 cacti, 1000 K339 and 1000 K242 plants from seed. ill post some pics once more start to germinate

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Ultima a dit:
goran, your a big meany head, and i dislike you!!! are those harsh enough words to upset you?:) hehe, im just playin. but i am loving your plants. are you ever going to eat them? youd think after 29 years they would be ready to consume.. :)

im currently growing just over 2000 cacti, 1000 K339 and 1000 K242 plants from seed. ill post some pics once more start to germinate

Good luck with plants and theirs germination. So many plants! Try to keep them of from possible problems like diseases and fungi. U know the work. Doesn't need to tell U anything. Good luck with them.
I will consume my cacti when I going to feel urge. When some clicks appears and fix on in my head. So other words maybe never! They are too sacred to me! So many years! Older then me! 4-5years now!

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
hey guys, i have a couple small questions about my little babies if anyone has some free time to read this:p

first off, my cacti are about 2-3 months old. they are actually growing quite fast, every single one that popped has hairs coming off of them and is getting noticably fatter every week. i have them under indirect light from a 400W MH, with reflector, in some high quality potting soil about 3" deep. i kept them germinating in a tin baking tray with plastic wrap on top, lightly spraying every week with water. out of 75-85 seeds 72 germinated and are looking somewhat healthy.

okay, now for the first question. about half of these cacti have a dark green coming off the tops and have a mild yellow/brown colour to the base of the cacti, but are still a green colour. i will probably have to take a picture of them to show you what i mean. the tray i have them growing in does not have the plastic wrap on anymore, and has been off for about 2-3 weeks. i spray them a few times every other day, or possibly every day if the soil is dry. (i usually wait untill the soil is completely dry untill spraying again) since the soil im using doesnt have very good drainage i dont completely drench it, and usually just get the top nice and moist. could these possibly be getting not enough water? or too much light, or not enough? not too sure. a friend of mine who i gave some seeds to started his a week later then mine, his cacti are about half the size, if not a bit smaller then mine at the moment.

okay, well i guess there was really only one question.. so any advice would be appreciated! thanks guys.

btw, sorry i havent been around in a while!

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
Better gave them water from underneath every 1,5 - 2 weeks, totally drench the soil.
No spraying.
Better have them grow in natural light, but be aware of direct sunlight !
Be careful with too much fertilizer and too much (sprayed) water, which weakens the plant..
The Peyote's will grow too tall, and will contain too much water,

Brown color could be fertilizer.