Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

NaOH question

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Hello,

For all those who are experienced with extracting DMT from some plant source and used NaOH in the process, I am wondering what the contents of your NaOH looked like. I am using Drano and it says it contains NaOH, but it seems there is more than one substance in there. There seems to be some metal 'strips' that looks like Magnesium strips. The bulk of the content is blue with little balls everywhere.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I wouldn't use that for something to ingest. You can get NaOH solutions at the hardware shop.

NaOH in solid form are white pellets, maybe those are the white balls? maybe you can sieve it

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Well I am not ingesting it. I am using it in an A&B extraction as the base. On the label it says "Contains: Sodium Hydroxide."

PEACE & LOVE

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I do not think you can use that for extraction, check this forum for more info :

http://forums.mycotopia.net/botanicals- ... e-lye.html

Seems like the ingredients are much more than just NaOH, the problem is that you do not know if any of these ingredients will react in any way with your desired compounds and even if they do not they can give you lots of trouble with separation (especially soapy products).

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Do those chemicals hurt you when ingesting the so called extracted mescaline?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
The chemicals mentioned are polar so they don't go to the naphta phase. But who knows what other shit is in there. I think it might work but can't you get any pure NaOH? Just to be sure?

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
its aluminium, among other things. the combination produces hydrogen gas causing it to foam. dont use it as it looks like there are colorings also. look for NaOH in a hardwear/household store

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The web link Rutger gave says that those are the ingredients of what you have = Sodium hydroxide , Aluminum , salt peter and salt . The only question is does salt peter react with anything and make any by products that go over into the naptha . I`m sure it doesnt or it wouldnt be used to preserve food.........

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
If you can't find any other NaOH, dissolve the white pellets in water and check pH to see if it's really the NaOH. If you can't measure pH put some on your skin. It won't burn imediately. If it feels a bit slimy, it's NaOH. Now rinse it.

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Even though the other components might not react they can give difficult emulsions and there for trouble with separation. Curious where the aluminum is for and what the blue stuff is. All salts in this mixture sodium -hydrochloride, -chloride and -nitrate have a white crystalline structure.

I would look a bit further for some pure NaOH and use this stuff when there are some pipes that need draining. Please tell us what the aluminum does, if possible...

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
the aluminium produces hydrogen gas on reaction with the OH ion. the hydrogen makes the solution foam, filling the drain with foaming caustic solution so the whole drain is cleaned, not just the bottom of the pipe. a lot of heat is also evolved, melting any grease present.it cant be easily removed

2Al(s) + 2 NaOH(aq) -> 2NaAlOH4(aq) + 3H2(g)

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Thank you for your replies. I will look for a different source of NaOH. Also GOD I am extracting DMT, not mescaline. Also at work I talked with a friend, and he said just do a simple test. Dilute your solution of NaOH, mix with Naptha, and then once seperated, dry the Naptha to see if anything was dissolved in the Naptha. The only problem with this is if the DMT reacts with any of those added products you could have other chemicals when dried. I think I know of a source for NaOH. I will look for it next week when I need it. Again, thanks for all your help.

PEACE & LOVE

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
you could try heating washing soda Na2CO3 strongly. you will get NaOH but you will have to use it fast as it will reabsorb CO2 from the air. sodium carbonate is easier to find

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I have only used crystal drain cleaner , its called "Mellerrud Rohr Frei" . It contains NaOH with other things . It never formed a foam when i used it . In the " Show your kit" thread there is a picture of it and the things i used to extract the DMT . It always worked , and nobody ever got poisoned or complaine about the product .

If someone knows a product thats available in europe that contains only NaOH and water please tell me the brand name ? And where i can get it from as i cant find it ?

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
its extremely easy to get in the UK in solution or crystal form. DIY stores sell own brands. if you CANT get any, PM me and ill post you a 500g or kilo pack.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thanks Drugless . I can get the liquid equivalent of the product that i mentioned here ......... but it still contains other chemicals . Thats what i`m trying to say . I want to know where i can get a product that definately only contains NaOH and water .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
you can make it by heating sodium carbonate. use a cast iron pan and a high heat. or ask a pharmacist to order some. tell them you want to make your own soap. look into soap making so you have a cover story. its only NaOH and fat

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thanks again Drugless . I can get it here from chemists , but only in very small quantitys and only if they are feeling benevelent . To get enough for a decent extraction one would have to find at least 4 helpfull chemists .

I want the people who say they can get NaOH / water solution in usefull amounts to say what the brand name is and where they get it from . The liquid drain cleaner that one can buy in europe contains other chemicals to .