Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Legalization Strategy

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
So , now we are alone lets brain storm . I think that at first we must look at the situation we are in and admit that all the things that have been done up till now havent realy had any effect . Do we all agree on that ?

Then go one step at a time so that we all understand the situation we are in and why and what we can do about it that is effective .

I think it would be good to talk about what have we done and why didnt it work ? So...... lets tango .....thoughts please ????? Observations ???

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
No thoughts yet, mainly more questions:

How will we measure what did and did not work in the past?

How will we ascertain whether our current strategy and actions bear success?

What are the objectives we want to accomplish?

Are there smaller goals to achieve on the way to solving the bigger problem?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"How will we measure what did and did not work in the past? "

We were in the shit , we are in the shit , people are still being punished and going to prison for doing nothing wrong , people arent allowed to practice the existing churches in public only in hiding , medical use of "drugs" is not realy happening , theres no sitters , no therapists , no sensible drug education , joe public doesnt even know the situation he is in , he doesnt know his rights , he doesnt know the history of medical drug use , he doesnt know about "drugs" being the basis of religeon = nothing has realy changed . A few egos got wanked and the money dissapeared in some peoples pockets = free holidays at the G8 . ( sorry HC thats not a swipe at you its just a very good example . Donating money is often like paying to get rid of a guilty conscience because we know from experience what happens , look at all the charitys that suck up so much money and then it all lands in the organisers "wage" packets and the children are still dying of hunger , malaria and aids ) .

"How will we ascertain whether our current strategy and actions bear success? " - "What are the objectives we want to accomplish? "

Read above and turn it round .

"Are there smaller goals to achieve on the way to solving the bigger problem?"

Yes . But as a part of a holistic complete(?) strategy .

What do you think we should try to achieve ? Are you satisfyed with the situation as it is , not just in Holland but in the rest of the world as well ?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
We should aim for nothing less than the most improbable: total legalization of all drugs. (Legalization does not mean deregulation, on the contrary).

I don't feel satisfied right now, not even in Holland, because we are basically called criminals for using drugs. I don't feel satisfied because people go to jail for having an experience that in general doesn't harm others. I don't feel satisfied because people go to jail for enabling others of having such an experience. I don't feel satisfied that criminals have taken over drugs from wise people who know what the fuck they are doing.

Part of my interest in finding a strategy that does work is because I right now can't even imagine it. I see where it goes wrong, not from personal experience, but from what I've read about the history. We indeed need a holistic strategy, in which different tactics can complement each other, but I don't know what these tactics should be. (Spreading truth about drugs that can't be refuted by statistics is obviously part of it).

We should have clearly in mind who our opponent is. It is not just government (although sometimes they do things that are in fact helpful to our cause, even if unintended). It is also the current drug culture based on self-gratification. The drug war is fighting along the faultlines of decadency. We have to show that there is another way, a way that both parties fighting this drug war will respect. We can show that government and the people in general can save (and even make) a lot of money to shift from prohibition to regulation, while simultaneously promoting sensible drug-use.

When you look at history you see that disasters lead to enforcement. This enforcement was probably already in the making before the disasters. It was just enacted at the right moment, played into the right hands at the right time. We therefore need a fully developed plan which will work based on our experience and historical evidence.

I have a lot of questions about the right way to approach this. What channels should we use? Do we approach the media in any way? At what moment? How do we know what the right action is at the right time? Where can we lobby? How do you do that? Where to start?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Well said . We need to formulate our questions , what we want to achieve . Lets go private first and then i shall put my cards on the table . Have written it down and its a bit long but its good .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Who killed Bambi ???

There arent realy diferent things to do that we have been doing , no instant solutions , just diferent ways to do those things . We have to see the holes in what has been done and avoid them . We have to see what big brother could do to trash us / our ideas and be prepared to counter them with good arguments .

Demos didnt work because no one came . Why ??? Because they were boring , because people only want to do things that are cool , interesting . Because the demos were on saterdays when they wanted to rest before going to a party / concert .

Referendums didnt work because no one voted , politicians ignored them and the people didnt understand why they should vote for them . So we forget them untill we have a movement , a cult , a fashion .

Speaches didnt work because its people wanking their egos and joe public isnt interested . He cant take the info home with him to read it later and show his friends either . We must be above suspicion and have no ego or profile . We need no stars or speakers . This forum is a good example , people can think about what they want to say , write it , change it several times and when it says what they want post it . = instead of someone standing up and explaining what we want and getting confused or injecting his / her own personal shit into things , only thought-out written statements are made . So we can do our best to stop them being twisted . So we forget speaches .

Churches didnt work because they have no historical basis . So thats one way that we can forget from the start . .

Collecting money didnt work because no one gave because they couldnt see where the money was going and it mostly landed in the pockets of the people collecting it . Money is one of the main keys so we have to have open acounts that everyone can see exactly how much came in and where it went .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the possible avenues of protest / achieving change . Civil dissobediance . Demonstrations . Public education . Lobbying politicians / police / judges / doctors / teachers , students and proffessors . The courts . Actions . Internet work . ( WE MUST KEEP AWAY FROM POLITICAL PARTYS . if they want to suport us OK , but we cant afford it that they creep in , try to take over , thereby splitting us , frightening off the people who wouldnt vote for them anyway and after they had used us they still would not legalising things ).

Demos like the love parade = 3 million people came . Demos like the christopher street day where 500,000 people come allthough there are not so many homosexuals in those countrys . Why did people go to them ? , because its colourfull , its happy , because its like carnival where everyone can join in , because it was free , because it developed into a cult . Lets do our demos the same ways . Make the demos make money = truck money and we sell the drinks and the money goes into an open fund . The money must be spent on the Din A4 info papers , holding talks like Fork does , for publicity posters and for fighting court battles . The existing churches should be invited to take part in our fight and so should all the other groups that could benefit from it like homosexuals , prisoner organisations , junky help organisations and all the patients that could benefit from marijuana / drug therapys . We should be formulating short info papers to distribute to doctors and patients explaining the medical history of drug therapy and its benefits to them .

Education . We should be writing cheep to copy Din A4 info papers about the history of drugs , peoples rights , our legal/soliciters scheme , the history of drugs as medicine , the history of religeons / that they are based on drugs , the financial benefits of legalisation , the costs of illegality , Info papers that people can copy themselves and distribute , leave on busses and leave in discos and other places . We should also be trying to aproach and educate academics , docters , judges , police , prosecuters and other profesionals . Please explain what you do Fork .

Civil dissobediance = when we go to a concert we make sure it stinks off grass . We have free partys where we do the bar . In Germany we are allowed to have outdoor partys on public land from 10 in the morning to 10 in the evening . We do the bar to raise money , people give their time for free . We do open air concerts and ask groups to give their time free . At other events i have taken part in it was not easy at first but then later people were standing in line to preform : but we have to make sure its not just bad kidy practice bands , ensure quality and tell the people as soon as they start to talk between songs and let the "star" hang out they get booted of the stage . Imagine partys like VOOV where the real purpose is to spread drug awareness and have a nice day outside for free and get high with our friends . Events could be friday , saterday and sunday . On every day a different style of music . One day rock , Saterday psytrance , and another day reggy/shit hop . Its important to give people a choice so that no music lover is confronted withn a mish mash of different styles that make them puke . The events could be combined with flea markets where the stand owners paid for running meters . Cheep stand prices , again with us selling all the drinks . This would attract very many people who normaly wouldnt go to events like that therby opening them to our education Din A4s . Planting cannabis everywhere . Puting Psilocybe Cyanescens myceleum every where so that they grow and become adverts , 1,000 plants planted by one person is more visible than one person at a demo . Look at Woodstock people are still talking about it now , people are still considered to be cool because they were there .

We are talking about a package , an advertising campaign , we have to make it realistic , simple and atractive , we then have to sell it to the world . We make posters that are almost rare so that people collect them and pin them on their bedroom walls . Like the colourfull / psychedelic motives that were used on the posters from the filmore east / west . The motives that were on the covers of the greatfull dead / hendrix / floyd . We need slogans .= "Freedom of choice" . "Its my life" . "become / i`m part of the solution not part of the problem " . Rallying points / crys . Din a 4 papers , drug history , drugs and religeon , drugs and medicine , sensible drug education ideas/proposals , sensible proposals for positive responsible personal drug use , training for sitters / sellers / therapists . That the Din A4 flyers have references so people can look at more detailed info if they want . With sugestions for places to get more info = good books , films , web adresses . We know how people go to partys / events and grab every flyer that they can find . Then they take them home and read them / show their friends = we drasticaly raise the level of awareness and "drug" education . The references must be totaly factual and not dogma so that no one gets driven away . Look at the books by Hofmann , Schuldes , Ratsch , Ott , they might not be so well known but they are aceptable to "normal" people / scientists because they are not full of dogma , they have checkable facts and references . Start a movement that people can identify with , a fashion , a cult . Look at young people and kids , they are natural rebels and would flock to be part of a movement / fashion . Especialy if it was given an air of secrecy / mystery / exclusivity / elite. = in the sense of being on the right side . Sugest ways of positive / constructive use . Ideas about training selleres / users / sitters / therapists . Ideas for laws to control use = NO KIDS , mechanisms to keep loonys away / people who would abuse themselves and others . ( That rules out the Pharmacratic inquisition , Wasson , Allegro , Heinrich because they are so easy to dissprove and its personal ideas sold as fact . Selfsubstantiating theorys used to "prove" more personal dogma pretending that they validate more theorys . As an example imagine if someone started explaing to you about stoping the drug war and uses nazi , or jehovas witness , or esoteric , or scientology terminology . Most people would ignore them and not take anything they said seriously . Another thing is that if a person cant explain something without using his own personal pet dogma he is a real poor fucker . We dont want to polarise , to drive people off we want to unite them and that means using neutral terminology and references ) .

Courts . why do rich people allways win and poor people mostly loose . = the one has a shit soliciter the other has an ace soliciter that the courts know , respect and dont try to flatten . So we need a GOOD soliciters firm , wich will cost a LOT of money . Then offer "free" legal representation to all people who have trouble with the law . They pay the normal fees that a normal soliciter would cost and get the best representation possible . If they cant aford that they get legal aid and the sóliciters get that as part of their payment . The firmm just represents them all with allready filled out forms so that they dont even have to be there . The victims just go into court and say i am being represented by ???? and give the court the ready made papers . The soliciter would only need to be present when the case came up the chain of courts or if the judges didnt play ball , then the ace would come and flatten the judges . That the press gets taken to court if its possible . That they are forced to correct thing if possible . That we contest every case to the highest court . That the prosecuters and judges get given an aversion therapy so that when they see our soliciter coming they start to shit their trousers and behave like a fair neutral objective pperson should . Again look at that happening in your town / country when a realy good soliciter goes to court . He has won half the battle with his reputation before the court case starts . That when the cases get to the highest level we go to constitutional courts and fight to change the laws .

Actions . For example when demonstraters get dressed up like clowns and follow / imitate the police troops at demos , i`m not saying we should annoy the police , the police are often on our side and only doing what they have been ordered to . I`m saying we do it to politicians and to people protestig against us and to people doing anti drug/freedom events . Imagine an anti drug talk where clowns turn up and take the piss and ask questions that the speakers cant answer . Hold their mirrors in their faces and ridicule them with intelligently presented facts ( Sorry Fork ) . And/or just normaly dressed people going to anti drug talks / events and distributing our info papers and asking pregnant questions , pointing out the holes in what the speakers are saying . I do that and it works very well .

Internet work . = email floods to newspapers , other forums . But it has to be civilized and not counter productive , so there would have to be texts written by us and then we ask others to join in and help . We dont want to bug people and turn them against us .

A web site . Where we keep it clean , small and simple . Where we lay out the strtategy and put the info papers , so people can read them , point to with links on their web sites and / ort copy them and distribute them , but no advertisments at all and no questionable dogma . It would have to have a link so people could present ideas to us , send us info , send us links and ask questions . But not a forum as we dont want to get bogged down in blah , blah blah , trolls and the "facts" of mentaly confused people or get flooded with esoteric dogma . The sensible bits can be used and added to the strtategy and the sensible questions and the answers we give could be transfered to a frequently asked questions section . This web site would also contain the scientific studys and expert legal court statements in their full versions but not open to the public , and a section of sumerys ofd the info in the archive that is open to the public . WE should invite other credible organisations / web sites to affiliate themselves with us , to advertise us , give links to us , help with the archive . To become "part of the solution not part of the problem" . A web site is not expensive so there wouldnt have to be adverts on it wich would spoil it = make it unbelievable and comercial . The last time i asked i was offered a website for 7 euros a month , but that was a special offer from a friend . The person who ownes the web site would be a weaklink and must stay as anonymous as possible and not get a swollen ego and start to wank it in our/ the worlds faces .

Drugless , you told me about a program for downloading things from web sites . Could we use it to mass download the scientific study archives from other web sites ? If not do you or anybody else know of any software that we could use to do that ?

Inclusive not exclusive = not ruling people / organisations out . And not pushing dogma that would make people not want to take part .

Where can we get money from ??? Stars , rich people who have had bad experiences with the law . Head shops , grow shops , seed companys and private donations. Make lists of who we could ask and lists of who helps and who doesnt , so that the people can vote with their feet = they dont buy from arseholes . We emphasise the point that "who is not for US is against Us" , that "those who are not part of the solution are part of the problem" . We explain the advantages to the possible doner for them . How many of those shops are available and how much would it bring if they all gave 50 Es a month = 2000 shops give 50 euros a month , get free "we are part of the solution" publicity = 100,000 Euros a month to pay for a realy good soliciters firm . For the Din A4 info papers . For flyers for the events . For posters . Plus we take truck money at demos / parades = advertising for the truck providers / shop owners . + Money from the bars . That people work for nothing / for the cause . Its enough of an ego boost for people when they stand behind the bar and sell the drinks and all their friends and neighbours see and think "Hey cool X is part of the solution" , that people can tell their friends "i helped" that they can tell their kids "i was part of the answer" .

Who killed bambi ??? The same people who killed kennedy , kennedy , martin luther king , john lennon , jesus , gandi . Thats another reason why the movement should have no face = no one to kill , shoot down or discredit . To prevent as small a surface for big brother and the forces of evil to attack . Plus it makes everything cooler and more controllable . People declaring themselves to be bosses and making statements often / always get a swollen ego or inject private dogma or get themselves caught up in confusion because no one can think fast enough about all opf the implications of what he says while hes being drilled by the press . Thats why it should only be very few , to the point statements that are worked out by the group . Written statements and corrections to the press . The mexican peasant movement where sub comander marcos , a middle class intelectual , moved the world because everyone could see he wasnt making a profit , he hadnt got a swollen ego , and didnt want to be a star .

Aims . To stop people being punished for responsible drug use , to stop people going to prison , to enable the "drug" churches to come out of hiding , to allow sick people free acess to medicins , to allow free research with "illegal" "drugs" , to get proper education and to take drugs out of the hands of the mafia/secret services . So that people can grow their own medicines . So that drugs are cheeper and pure . No more cut crap and extremely expensive drugs .

We must be agresive in a peacfull way . Non violent and non destructive . Determined . Patient . Clever . Target / sucess orientated . And only do things that have a chance of sucess .

This all has to be written down in a way that everyone , every posible participant , every event organiser can understand and identify with . So visitors to events can see if the event is being run correctly and if they are not stop the organisers ripping us / them off for money in our name . When i say us and we i mean us the group that is trying to organise a strategy and us / we that organise any the events and actions against the war on drugs .

Any other ideas ? Thoughts ? Comments ?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Good stuff.

I will think about it and come back.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
I've read it as well, think it looks very promising I'll read it again tonight
I haven't got a lot of time atm, I'll probably be the last to come with my story Soon (week or 2) I will have more time
I'll see what I time I can make free though who knows maybe I'll keep up fine

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Add to last post (can't edit):
I rather take some more time then not take my time for this
It'll probably not be that slow at all though as I find this important and I must say quite exciting as well
Even though I'm buissy now I'll probably find time for it anyway

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Nice text. I like the fact that you included something about art, because for a while I feared your plan would only be aimed at the (male) rationally-minded intellectuals of society, but indeed it's got to be colorful and pleasant and attractive as well. The way you have expanded on the things you've already written elsewhere has given me a more complete picture of what you're up to, and it's good.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thanks . I want us to include as many people and styles as possible . For instance if we do an event then every sort of stand should be alowed . So if people want to they can show their movie and sell their videos and offer info about their look at things . But that the organisation should stay absolutly neutral . I also believe that it must be colourfull and exiting . That it must present a rich blend of ideas from all (?most?) directions and be inspiring . As far as i`m concerned if the police want to make a stand then OK..... they might learn something .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I`ve got pictures in my head of a parade thats a cross between the love parade , christopher street day , a carnival and where there are also drum groups , steel bands , mariachi groups , new orleans jaz bands , kevin , gypsy bands , gospel singers , tansvestites , hard core leather and studs homo groups , masochists and fetish people , junkys (but nail everthing down first.....) , aliens , me , kids with painted faces.........

Exotic , exiting , inspiring ... edutaining

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
good post. im going to contribute in as ordered and as objective a way as possible. its something i have to think about.
god, do we have to dress up for this parade? is it ok for me to wear a dress? ive this little black number ive been dieing to wear

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Yes but make sure no one can see your boxer shorts..... we dont want the amis to invade to save the world from bare bums do we......

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Forkbender a dit:
When you look at history you see that disasters lead to enforcement. This enforcement was probably already in the making before the disasters. It was just enacted at the right moment, played into the right hands at the right time. We therefore need a fully developed plan which will work based on our experience and historical evidence.

This is basically the point I am most interested in. We should be somehow able to reverse the Shock Doctrine of most nationstates by depicting the current war on drugs as a gigantic costly failure (Shock :shock:) and that we need something else to replace it with. We should have an alternative to the vacuum that is formed when the current drug laws are doomed. An alternative that makes sense, can be implemented cheaply and saves lives in a very obvious way. So in my mind it is a two part strategy, with a lot of different possible actions on both parts. First there is the part that wants to let the public know that drug laws don't make sense and should be changed. The political parties will want to listen to them, because they want to have power. They will look for another way to deal with the 'problem' and here comes the second part: a comprehensible alternative that is not just some idea, but is worked out. We should start with both parts simultaneously, so that we can jump to the occasion if it arrises.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Exactly . But we offer the facts , we offer the alternatives and let the political partys join in if they want ..... but we dont get involved in that . If we lick arse with one party we play the divide and rule game and loose .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Agreed.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
After looking through my notes again i saw i`d forgotten this . I want to add it to "Who killed bambi" as well as write it here but i still cant edit my posts .

Ego - stars - Basel . Form a base of respect first and then when the thing runs and has its own dynamic we can come out of the dark if we want to after 2 or 3 years . Giving talks and interviews when its all up and running . When it cant be stopped anymore . So we can stand up at basle and get taken seriously = become acepted members of our peer group = we get international recognition for our work and it gets acepted/endorsed by the whole scene and the stars . Then anyc of us with personal projects , like Caduceus and Fork , have a platform/reputation to give those projects an extra boost . I personaly would not stand up and out myself . Mysterys are what cults are based on . ( I dont mean a ME cult . I mean the fight against the war on drugs movement and keeping mysterys/anonimity would make it interesting for longer than without one ) .

Copyright - protect the name of the web site and the organisation . We need a logo for our statements , our flyers , our posters , our tshirts wich must be protected . At first only the people who work for the events get one of our tshirts = the public sees and wants to look cool to . Then we sell tshirts , good quality ones and not to expensive . ( My favorite tshirt is from the buldog birthday party in 1981 . I still wear it on "Special" ocasions ) . Tshirts with our logo and / or "Freedom of choice" , "Free choice" , "I`m the answer" , "No problem" , "Answer" , "I`m free" , "Solution" , "I decide" , "I decided" or similar short pregnant slogans .

Find out the laws about demos , openair partys and festivals in your area . Find out what local government offices need to be consulted / informed . Find out the rules and conditions ......... calling it a "freedonm of choice " event . Not giving them any clue that its an "End the war on drugs" event . We should hold our cards close to our chest and not let anyone see them untill its to late for them to deny permission or sabotage our efforts .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007