Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Kratom

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I have never used, but just ordered 1/2 pound of the stuff. They say it can help with stress and anxiety, so lets hope it works! Anyone here have any experience with it and/or have recipes?

peace & love

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
yes, there's a few threads on it if you browse back through the 'other psychoactive plants' section. i've tried it a couple times and so have others.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I've taken 5 grams a couple of times. Nice feeling, but not spectacular. According to someone I know, it combines very well with cannabis.

@ user_1919: Kratom can't really help with stress and anxiety, as you can't/shouldn't take kratom regularly or daily. You've probably heard this before, but much better herbs for stress are Rhodiola, Ginseng, Ashwagandha and Eleutherococcus, all of which are potent adaptogens. Don't underestimate the calming properties of Valerian and Passion Flower either. These herbs can all be taken on a daily basis.

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
I aslo decided to explore the kratom realm and ordered 1 kg at http://secretproduct.com/

I tested the different ways of preparing kratom and i have had the best result with this method:
1.) Take 15 grams (1/2 ounce) of dried, crushed kratom leaves (or powder) and put into a pot. To this add 1/2 liter of water.

2.) Boil very gently for 15 minutes. (if you boil on a very high heat, you will bring out the bitterness of the leaf).

3.) Pour the tea through a strainer into a bowl and reserve the liquid.

(squeeze the leaves in the strainer to get most of the liquid out).

4.) Put the leaves back in the pot and add another liter of fresh water. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

(after the leaves have been strained a second time, they can be discarded, or you can eat them to ensure you don't miss out of any vital alkaloids.)

5.) Put the combined liquid from both boiling's back into the pot and boil until the volume is reduced to about 100ml - enough for 2 medium strength servings.

Personally i have notice that when u dont reduce the volume the more nausea u get, and often vomiting, depending on the amount of water still left.
Kratoms gives me a kind of child like feeling, really peacfull without any kind of concern, really warm inside. Also I think kratom is working more in the background then cannabis. So if u really want an instant buzz kratom is not really the best product. Combined with cannabis or hasj the euphoric feelings are stimulated. At too high dosages(for me thats 15>) it can get really unpleasant and u only want to sleep.

ps: If u have a girlfriend, and she is open to take kratom, u should prepare for a hot steamy night, cause it really has an afrodisiac effect on some woman :D

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
I dug through the board pages and simply could not find a kratom thread that would answer my question (if it's out there, could someone link it?)

Anyway, I'm very interested in trying kratom, but there are no "head shops" in my area where I would be able to buy it. Does anyone have any online suggestions for me that have reliable product? It'd really be appreciated. :)

Also, any tips or advice for a beginner like myself will definitely be helpful.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
In the USA you can order it from Arena Ethnobotanicals or Bouncing Bear Botanicals. I think it's best to first experiment with kratom powder or crushed leaves, and try enhanced leaf extracts later. Try 5 grams first and see how you like it (don't expect anything spectacular). You can find a lot of information on http://mitragyna.com/.

Tunnelvision

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
28 Août 2008
Black_Parasol a dit:
Also, any tips or advice for a beginner like myself will definitely be helpful.
well i can tell you the stuff is reeeeealy gross. You best make an extract from kratom leaves by cooking them in water over and over again.

when you make tea of it...you will not be able to drink it., because its just too nasty....but that is my experience.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
when you make tea of it...you will not be able to drink it., because its just too nasty....but that is my experience.

:lol: I know what you mean, i onces tried it. Sitting there with an extract tasting like shit, in my mouth. And in the end, it really did nothing..... :D

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
I've been looking at Arena Ethnobotanicals a lot already, so if they're reliable, I think I'll start with them.

And yep, haha, I have no intentions of making tea out of this stuff.....I read somewhere else that one good way to take the powder is to just swallow some of it and then wash it down with something else that tastes better - this is probably the method I'll end up using, because I have no experience with extractions and I'm sure I'd end up messing it up. :p

Has anyone tried smoking the crushed leaves? I've heard it's a pretty rough smoke.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I found the tea acceptable. It's disgusting, but not difficult to swallow or keep down.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
I found the tea acceptable. It's disgusting, but not difficult to swallow or keep down.

I forgot to mention that i had an extract. I had to keep it for a while in my mouth, you should have seen my face when i ingested the Kratom. :p I where surprised that i didn't puke because of this horrible taste :)

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Well depending on the extract ratio, just cap them. It might take a bit longer, but that stuff really does taste like crap.

Better yet, do what I think sounds better, just buy the plant (try iamshaman or ebay), and grow your own, unless of course you're in an area where climate might be an issue. Even then, kratom grows great in hydro set-up.

Tunnelvision

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
28 Août 2008
Black_Parasol a dit:
I read somewhere else that one good way to take the powder is to just swallow some of it and then wash it down with something else that tastes better
good luck :p

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Were you holding it in your mouth simply because it was too hard to swallow? I don't think you have to hold it in your mouth to absorb it. At least I didn't and it worked like a charm for me. I boiled down the tea until it became a dark liquid.. let it cool for a bit then gulped it down quick as I possibly could.

It's true it does have quite the intense flavor. But after trying Calea.. I think you can survive drinking just about anything :lol:

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
I haven't tried it yet, simply because I'm literally flat broke at the moment, but I suppose I'll just try the tea method as well as smoking it - I've heard that the amount of kratom leaves needed for one dose exceeds what you can fit into a cigarette, so I'll probably roll a cig with kratom in it, as well as taking it as a tea. I'm definitely not going to try an extraction just yet. Once I have some experience with the substance naturally, I'll decide whether or not I want to try tinctures or extracts.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I'm not sure how much you'd have to smoke to feel it.. it could be quite a lot. You need at least 5g of leaves just for a tea, and that's a low/moderate dose (and probably a few big fat kratom cigarettes). If you try it let us know how it goes!

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
On Arena Ethnobotanicals they have 1 oz. (28 grams) of Crushed leaf Thai Kratom for only around $15, which (I think?) sounds pretty reasonable - that's what I'll be purchasing!

And I definitely will let everyone know how it goes! :D Thanks for all the help, guys!