Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Kratom

Etherbunny

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2008
I'm having some problems w/ getting noteworthy effects from kratom. I'm using the simple boil tea method and the resulting 'tea' (I boiled 12g of Private Reserve) and drank the whole glass over 30 min.

Other than a mild euphoric effect, nothing really happened. My question is what did I do wrong? What are some other methods? Here's what I did and have though about doing:

Weighed out 12g Kratom -> into aluminum pot w/ 3 cups water brought to boil (w/o kratom in it) and reduced to simmer, added kratom, stirred for 20 min, filtered, repeated 1 more time w/ 1 cup water added in. I did just realize I used regular non-filtered tap water so I probably destroyed the alkaloids w/ the treated water. Would that destroy the effects? I'd rather wait for a response than wear my arm out stirring for another 40 min. lol.

Next I'm going to attempt an extraction on the crushed leaves, would 90% Ethenol be a good solvent? Will I need a non-polar/polar cycle like LSA extraction?

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I used this recipie.. but with 5, not 50g of leaves. It definitely worked for me. (With tap water too..) Note you are sort of making concentrated tea here.. boiling it down... i never boiled it down all the way either. also 50g of leaves sounds like a pretty heavy dose. next time i might up the dose to 10-15g..

http://www.sagewisdom.org/kratomtea.html

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
i've seen a lot of recommendations for the "toss & wash" method..

Robotic Elf a dit:

Much better to put the Kratom in your mouth dry, then wash it down with something that has more taste than water. You mix it with water, it'll make sludge that you'll have a hard time getting down.

- source

sbt8080 a dit:
SWIM has just discovered grapefruit juice to be the perfect drink to toss and wash his kratom powder down.

SWIM always had trouble with the "toss & wash" method of kratom ingestion... several times, he would gag on the stuff, and a gross mixture of powder and liquid would end up all over his floor (and one time, his wall). SWIM never liked making capsules, either, because it was time consuming. So, he would take his chances with toss & wash most of the time.

SWIM has tried many different beverages for this purpose, but the only one that completely killed the vile taste and texture of the kratom powder for SWIM was grapefruit juice. Not the ruby red kind either, but the white/pink kind, as it is the most tangy, least sweet kind. Now, he can swallow his kratom with ease.

- source

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Are you sure you got good Kratom from a good vendor?

Etherbunny

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2008
yeah it was premium from a reputable vendor. Just gonna get around to trying another attempt tomorrow. wish me luck. goin w/ good old distilled water this time.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Good luck!

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
Maybe you should try to lie down on a couch and close your eyes! I notice a lot more effects when i do that. Although on a quite heavy dose you should notice it anyway.

I have allways used a kratom extract dissolved in alcohol. Never made it myself.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I never done Kratom myself, so do you guys think its worth to try it ones?

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
I like the effects. The effects are not psychedelic but more like opiates (i have never tried them, but i can imagine that they have a lot in common). I only tried it a few times. But yes, it's really worth a try.

http://www.kratom.nl

Most people describe the effects as stimulating and euphoric at lower doses, becoming sedative at higher doses. This is probably explained by the fact that mitragynine stimulates the delta opioid receptors when used in small quantities, but tends to increasingly stimulate mu opioid receptors when used in larger quantities. These are the same receptors that are stimulated when using opiate drugs.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
There's no wrong way to make kratom. If you can brew coffee then you can make kratom tea. A regular coffee brewer works fine but a "french press" is my prefered way.

If you used 12g to yourself and weren't getting the nods or feeling like you walked through a spider's web, then it's not a good vendor.

Try TheKratomKing. Always comes in 2 days. Great service, good stuff.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Kratom is definately great !

I tried 1 gram of leaf once toss and wash and had good stimulating effects much like tea...

but the 150x CO2 extract is definately what you want !

You could just hold it under your tongue for 2 min and it would all dissolve and go directly in your blood...

It's very good and very fun, very euphoric !

Well it was for me, know your source, know your body... start low, find your dose :)

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Well since the smartshop over here sell's the stuff, i think i am gonna buy some tomorrow.

Etherbunny

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2008
I ordered it from iamshaman, is that not a good vendor?

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Should be... perhaps you lack the enzyme to properly digest the stuff like 5% of the population...

CYP*somthing34somethin*

In that case perhaps the extract will act better on you , or perhaps it will make you sick !

Sorry :(

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I tried yesterday some liquid kratom extact, i thought i could put a low dose in my drink, but it hadn't the effects that i expected. Now i just read, you have to keep it in your mouth, which sucks because i cannot handle the taste of alcohol that well. :p But, i have to try again.... :) So that's gonna be hell of a time :)

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
Put it on your tongue and let it stay there for a few minutes, don't move it. Then the taste isn't that bad. But i'm not sure if it's really needed to hold it in your mouth. I tried to swallow it directly one time and the effects were the same.

Was it a bali 2:1 10 ml bottle? I liked 10 ml, but 20 ml was a lot better! Only a bit expensive.. and maybe quite a strong dose.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
It was the 20ml, i have still enough left. So today i will give it a new try... :)

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
You should take at least 10 ml to have noticeable effects. But maybe that's different for every person. So take it easy :)

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I guess that i have still a little more left then 10ml, so i hope it's gonna work... Has kratom a strong tolerance?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
One of my customers says kratom is nice by itself, but it's much better to combine it with cannabis. Kratom gives a subtle effect, that may be quite unimpressive to most psychonauts, but its synergistic effect with cannabis is remarkable.