Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Kratom

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
I never tried it without smoking cannabis. But a friend of my did and told me the same. So i think that customer is right!

mysticwarrior

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
17 Août 2007
This taste is shit man! I just done 5ml and are afraid to ingest the other 5ml whats left. This fucking horrible, i would love to drink something else now :p I hope it's worth it ;)

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
Haha. It doesn't taste very good indeed :)
But i doubt 5 ml will be enough..

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Yeah... that for people who never did drugs and think they're cool...

kidding :p 2:1 extract ? those people are laughing at you...

honestly don't get scammed with tinctures, you most likely better do it yourself with fresly harvested leaves. Anyways to get a good effect you will have to get at least the 50:1, but do get the 150:1 if you can, it dosen't taste bad and you can put it anywhere you like it will absorb very quick.

You get good effects from leaves alone, but it's nothing like the extracts, if you're looking to trip on kratom you have to do high doses... thats why it's still legal, it isn't very potent !

It's very addictive and habit forming, once again do not have sex while tripping it will drain you.

Be careful with the extract it's very easy to take too much and end up lethargic and unable to enjoy it.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Finally i had ingested 10ml, but i felt nothing.... This liquid has to be crap.

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
Yeah... that for people who never did drugs and think they're cool...

kidding :p 2:1 extract ? those people are laughing at you...

honestly don't get scammed with tinctures, you most likely better do it yourself with fresly harvested leaves. Anyways to get a good effect you will have to get at least the 50:1, but do get the 150:1 if you can, it dosen't taste bad and you can put it anywhere you like it will absorb very quick.

20 ml of bali 2:1 tincture worked VERY good for me (and the same for some friends)..in combination with cannabis. 10 ml was good too, but not really enough..

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Yeah I'm sure they do work... but you're paying for something you could do yourself for much less...

I can't produce 150x with CO2 extraction thats why I say its worth it.

I'm very sensitive when it comes to psychedelics and others, the only thing I seem to resist to is Salvia, where I cannot have any trip if it's not 40x and I smoke a whole .1-.2 of it...

I do not condone the abuse of any substance, when I had kratom I took probably the equivalent of your 20ml extract, I'm not into full blown experiences much anymore.

Etherbunny

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2008
I'm pretty sure the combination of tap water (chlorine treated) and that I had the burner way to high destroyed the opium in the mixture.

I just got back on temporary vicodin so I'm staying away from any other opiates, I don't mix opiates, regardless of the positive/negative feedback it's something I just wont do.

jackdaw

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Août 2008
I have a lot of experience with Kratom. First off it's an opiate like herb. There's nothing remotely psychedelic about it. I use it in the evenings to relax.

You need good material to start with. Most of what you'll find in "head/smart shops" is shite!!! Get a good online vendor, there's a few of them about.

Also dosing and strain will give different effects. Generally speaking low doses are stimulating while higher become sedating. Thai Kratom is considered the most stimulating, then Malay, to Indo and Bali. Indo and Bali being the more relaxing.

Don't expect it to rock your world, it aint opium! As I said, for me with the doses I take it's a fairly gentle relaxer with some mood lift.

Stay away from extracts, cause as a previous post said it has addiction potential and more so for extracts. Also, if using extracts regularily, you'll build tolerance very quickly. Stick to plain leaf and take breaks from it.

If you want more info, then check out one of the Kratom forums. There's a couple of them about, unfortunately there private so you'ld have to register. There's also the Entheogen forums, where you'll find some info as well.

Personally I like it and I use the toss'n'wash method, which I find most effective if you can take the taste. One hint though, is if you do go that way, hold your breathe while the Kratom is in your mouth. Otherwise you could inhale some of the powder and end up spewing the good herb all over.

significationof?!?

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Déc 2008
Hello, I will be celebrating a friend's birthday soon and I thought about bringing kratom to the party... It's a small apartment thing, with at most like 20 people, probably only half of which will want to try kratom I guess.

It is very likely that alcohol and cannabis will also be involved.

My own experience with kratom is limited to a few double water extractions; I found 7-10 grams to be a very comfortable dose, and 15 to be overpowering.

So my questions:
-Is less necessary (or recommended) if alcohol and weed enter the equation? I heard the cannabis-kratom synergy is great (and probably harmless), but alcohol?
-Has anyone tried an extraction with water and ethanol? Is it more efficient than just water?
-What dose/person should I prepare for? 5-7 grams maybe?
-How good an idea is it to introduce people to kratom like this? Does it spell "disaster" in flaming red bold letters, or would it work?
-Does kratom have any potential as a social drug, or is it really more of a relax evening thing?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Kratom goes pretty well with alcohol if you don't take too high a dose. I have taken 1-3g of Kratom extract many times with lots of alcohol, and it was always fun.
Once I totally lost my sense of balance though. I had been drinking all night long and eating Kratom extract all along (must have been 3-4g alltogether, I think).
When I finally had 4 shots of absinthe in the end, I suddenly lost my balance on my way home. It was weird because it was like something was dragging me down backwards, I couldn't walk upright anymore. It looked pretty silly, so I just sat down and waited a while.
Maybe without the Kratom I would've just collapsed anyways because I've had so much alcohol, and the Kratom kept me on my feet - I don't know, but it was really freaky :?

Supervixen

Inscrit
5 Fev 2009
significationof?!? a dit:
So my questions:
-Is less necessary (or recommended) if alcohol and weed enter the equation? I heard the cannabis-kratom synergy is great (and probably harmless), but alcohol?
-Has anyone tried an extraction with water and ethanol? Is it more efficient than just water?
-What dose/person should I prepare for? 5-7 grams maybe?
-How good an idea is it to introduce people to kratom like this? Does it spell "disaster" in flaming red bold letters, or would it work?
-Does kratom have any potential as a social drug, or is it really more of a relax evening thing?

First, hi ! I think that it's not a great idea to mix kratom with alcohol, cuz it only accentuates the sedative effects, which are not as fun as the energy effects. But if you want to introduce your friends to it and drink anyway, I advise you to wait before drinking, and just having some beer at first. Is kratom a "social drug" ? I'm not sure but it can help some people to fall in each other's arms... :wink:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Don't combine kratom with other depressants, or large quantities of alcohol.

Combining drugs is usually a bad idea. It is recommended that you do not combine kratom with yohimbine, cocaine, amphetamine-like drugs, or large doses of caffeine, because of the possibility of over-stimulation or increased blood pressure. We recommend that kratom not be combined with large amounts of alcohol, with benzodiazepines, opiates, or any other drugs that depress the nervous system. This is because of the possibility that such combinations might cause over-sedation or even possible respiratory depression (not breathing),

significationof?!?

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Déc 2008
Okay, said party simply did not happen... But thanks nevertheless for your answers, it's good to know for future reference.

Still, does anyone have firsthand experience with kratom+cannabis? I'm curious...

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
kratom+cannabis is great. look through this section back a few months and you will find a thread on it.

significationof?!?

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Déc 2008
Ah, shame on me for not Using The Fucking Search Engine... But thanks for pointing out that thread, though.
Good synergy with nicotine too, apparently? Cannabis+nicotine isn't as good as cannabis alone, but with kratom in the mix... hmm... I might try a low dose of this mix.

Didjeridon't

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Avr 2009
I have never had an experience with Kratom, and am very ignorant about this substance. I was wondering if anyone could educate me a bit about this plant, where to get it, how to use it, legality (not that I'm concerned), effects it produces, length of trip, etc. Anyone who can assist would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!