Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

join the kannibal-association!

forest

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
Why is it right to put animals behind fences, morture them, and then kill them for consumption, but isn't this right to do the smame thing to humans?!?

We demand our meat!!!
Or else animal-eaters should be denied the same!!!!

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
forest a dit:
Why is it right to put animals behind fences, morture them, and then kill them for consumption, but isn't this right to do the smame thing to humans?!?

If you ask me, no it isn't right to do this to humans, it isn't right to do this to animals either... Neither do I think it's WRONG...

I notice these subjects are very sensitive and important to you, but they also seem to evoke alot of anger in you... It's good you're trying to be aware about these things, but don't let it get to you...

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
yeah, Ill be aware of that. when i was young i didn't understand who i was and allways adpated to my environment, and suppressed a lot of anger about not being understuud. now i know who i am, and i'm not suppressing anger or changing my ways if i don't agree with things. but i will be alert weather how i express anger is justified or not.

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
@ brewmaster

i wouldn't eat you, i think you would taste disgusting

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
forest a dit:
yeah, Ill be aware of that. when i was young i didn't understand who i was and allways adpated to my environment, and suppressed a lot of anger about not being understuud. now i know who i am, and i'm not suppressing anger or changing my ways if i don't agree with things. but i will be alert weather how i express anger is justified or not.

That's a good thing mate 8)

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Yes it's true but I think we can't eat people without being arrested sooner or later. Or maybe someone has suggestions how we can let people dissappear?

I did ate my girlfriends pussy which didn't taste bad at all but she agrees with that.

Just kidding, I am vegetarian too but this comparison goes to far. It's about living in harmony with this world but I still we stand above animals. If you are really against killing an animal at all costs then you also have to sustain from almost every medical treatment cause the weren't possible without testing on animals.

What is etical and how far can we go with sacrificing animals to improve our own life?

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
Its only natural to eat meat. The lions are alot less humane than we are when it comes to killing their meat. As far as putting them in cages. When u can say "Let Me Out" thats when you don't belong in cage. Kinda like planet of the apes.
mmm... meat
ps is there some trick to posting pics i tried to put in html code but it didn't work

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
when you put an animal in a cage and it screams and makes terrible noise, doesn't it say; let me out! ?
you are just deaf, only hearing the sounds of your stomach.
lions are less humaine when it comes to killing, but all we do to an animal before we kill it can't be compared with the killing a lion does.

@ jahvisions

i think we should go as far as we are able to stay alive. but any kind of luxury or things that can be done different, should not be done

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
This debate is such a waste of time. Look man; if you don't want to eat meat, then don't. BUt don't try forcing your opinions on other people or trying to make someone feel guilty for their own, chosen actions. It's not right.

Personally, I'd like you to go to some poor, starving African country where children die by the hundreds every day of hunger, and tell them that it's wrong to eat meat. What should bother you more is that the US has the capacity to produce 33% more domestic beef than what we do now. Now would that bother you at all? If we bred 33% more cattle a year just to fence them in, take their babies away and eventually kill them in order to feed starving children in another country? "Boo hoo, those poor cows"

Seriously, man, peole are dying every second of hunger, dehydration and preventable diseases; there's much bigger fish to fry than what people decide to put in their own bodies.

If you feel so passionately about the issue then start a petiton and go door to door getting people to sign for a bill that would order farms to treat animals in a more humane fashion. Write letters to people in the government. Or do like I did and join an Environmental protection agency.

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
your just plain stupid. in zimbabwe almost 30% of the water is used for beef production, while people don't have enough water (said the VN rapport). one pound of beef costs 4,5 kilo's of grain and almost 10 liters of water. so what do you want to bring starving childern:

- one pound of beef
- 9,5 liters of water and 4,5 kilo's of grain

?

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
plus how do you want to bring meat to a hot far away country??

meat doesn't stay good very long, the 4,5 kilo's of grain will

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Ever heard of jerky? Any meat can be dehydrated.

The US is at capacity with our grain production. You see, not all soil is created equal. You can't just grow grain anywhere, it takes a certain type of climate and soil composition. And growing grain is actually detrimental to the soil; after so many years, plots are eventually abondoned and used as grazing pastures. Cattle, chickens, hogs, etc can essentially, be raised anywhere, anytime. Not just a few months out of the year in certain locations.

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
ok there you have a point. i don't know much about beef. but i think i know what they would prefer of those two choices.

the vn rapport also said that it could help in solving the worldstarvingproblem your talking about, read lifestock's long shadow raport

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
but dude, you need 3 times as much grain and other plantcultivation space for the beef as you need for the beef alone. one third of the plantfood fultivated is going to the animals, and 26% of the world surface (without nord and southpool) is used for lifestock.

so without lifestock we din't need to abuse the ground so much and we would need less 'groud-that-is-well-for-grains-and-stuff'

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
i wouldn't be such a pain in the ass if it was just for the animal, but the lifestock sector produces 18% of the worldwideheatinggasses, in comparison to 13% of the transport.

just admit that all the facts are against you dude

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
i think we should go as far as we are able to stay alive. but any kind of luxury or things that can be done different, should not be done

I do not agree. I feel you're describing survival rather than life. To me, not-dying is not the same as living a life. Having luxury is no luxury, everyone is entitled to some indulgement from time to time. Even the very option to luxury is luxury itself, you could always choose not to.

Cruelty is such emotional laden word, everybody is against it when asked. No one in their right mind would be pro cruelty. But ask the same persons what is ment by cruelty, and you'd get some different answers. Most probably beginning with a long "uuuuuuuuuuh"

To me, cruelty is intentionally treating a emotions-having-creature in such a way to cause it severe (emotional)discomfor, that could have been avoided.

@ forest: what is your opinion on growing cow/chicken/whatever muscle tissue in large bioreactors ?