Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ibogaine

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Do you know what ibogaine is?

from The wiki:

Ibogaine is a naturally-occurring psychoactive compound found in a number of plants in nature, principally in a member of the dogbane family known as iboga (Tabernanthe iboga). Ibogaine-containing preparations are used in medicinal and ritual purposes by African spiritual traditions of the Bwiti who claim to have learned it from the pygmy. ... In recent times it has been identified as having anti-addictive properties. A full organic syntheis of ibogaine has been achieved, but is too expensive and challenging to produce any commercially significant yield.

WHAT THE FUCK!!! too expensive?? challenging?? is this for real??? we have here a CURE for addiction and, no, we can have it because it's too hard to make it. Seriously this is bullshit, some african tribal dudes are tripping with it and we can't make some in a lab? If you're reading this and know why is "challenging" to produce please explain to me why. But I believe that if a government were truly concerned about this they would at least fund some research or something.

WIkipedia also says that "several further totally synthetic routes have been developed".... :evil:

In the early 1960s, ibogaine was accidentally discovered to cause sudden and complete interruption of heroin addiction without withdrawal in a matter of hours. .... Anecdotal reports also suggest that ibogaine may have potential to drive introspection that helps elucidate the psychological issues and behavior patterns that drive addiction or other problems. However, ibogaine therapy for drug addiction is the subject of some controversy.

I'm pissed off.

Due to its hallucinogenic properties as well as risks for patients with certain health problems, it has been placed in the strictest drug prohibition schedules in the United States and a handful of other countries.

When they found out this substance had "hallucinogenic" properties they should've been glad!! this was GOOD news! hooray it's psychedelic! that means it is GOOD STUFF!

Erowid also says: The majority of patients treated with Ibogaine remain free from chemical dependence for a period of three to six months after a single dose.

This is complete BULLSHIT. This is stuff should be sold to alcoholics, opium addicted people and others everywhere :evil:

Well at least from what I read it appears that if you're actually informed and willing to, you can go to treatment centers, like this one in Mexico :?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I'm going to try 5 grams of Iboga (a low dose) next week. I hope it won't cure me from my cannabis addiction! :wink:

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I'm going to try 5 grams of Iboga (a low dose) next week. I hope it won't cure me from my cannabis addiction!

*bows in respect*

Yeah I find Iboga very interesting and I am looking forward to test some myself also for the sake of learning another medicine to share if needed. It seems very promising, also that in non-psychoactive doses, it still has this property of being anti addiction.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
*namas te*

I can't find much information on how to prepare this stuff. There's nothing on Erowid.

edit: Oh, found it: Tabernanthe iboga

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Please let me know how your experience goes!

and have a good trip! :)

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
i have 25 grams laying around for whenever i feel the need or ready for it...

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
And have you done it before? how is it like? what other substance can be compared to?

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
What the...
I don't understand...

"Hey! We found a cure to all addictions!!!! Lets make it illegal!!!!"

:? :\

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
YES!!! Let's make it illegal so we can have our sweet rivers of cash flowing thanks to our pharmacies!!! let's continue poisoning people prescribing them shit they don't need!!!

FUCK THEM.

PS: ok, I'm done, I have vented my RAGE here so now I'll be back to being a nice person :oops:

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
You are totally right.

But what I don't understand...

How can something like this go unnoticed? How comes there is no one saying "this is wrong" and writing an article about it in the newspaper in the USA so that all the population becomes aware of it and start complaining?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Because it's not illegal out of ignorance; the law makers know what they're doing. And there IS people spreading truth, if you google ibogaine there's a lot of good info.

Think about this: Hoffman has been saying LSD is good for 69 YEARS and has written hundreds of articles and even books saying this and the guy's been here for more than a century. Why aren't people complaining? they are but are not being listened.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Yeah but there is a difference here... Iboagaïne can be used a a cure to addiction!!! That means saving lots and lots of lives!!! LSD is good but not to the point of literally saving lives!

People who took the decision to make ibogaine illegal deserve death... cause that's what they did... they killed people... thousands of people

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
I'm sure LSD is also able to save lives. :)

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Yeah I KNOW LSD can save lives, but not in a concrete way. Ibogaine, yes.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Yeah I KNOW LSD can save lives, but not in a concrete way. Ibogaine, yes.

LSD was a wonder medicine and it only lost that name, because of the prohibition. LSD is as good for solving addictions as is Iboga. I bet there are even more cases of people who beat their addiction using LSD as opposed to using Iboga.

Not saying Iboga isn't wonderful, of course it is. But its no more miracle medicine then ayahuasca or psilocybin.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Psychoid a dit:
"Hey! We found a cure to all addictions!!!! Lets make it illegal!!!!"

Right. The people who run the heroin trade don't want to lose their income. That's why America is in Afghanistan, because the Taliban removed the poppy field and suddenly there was no heroin anymore. And we can't have that, mr. CIA, because then we don't have any income. America claims to "spray opiumfields". Isn't it strange then that since they invaded Afghanistan the poppy fields are back to the high level it was before the Taliban came into office? The only way to counter this shit is by legalization of opium and it's products. Then there can be no black money flowing into the pockets of some people trying to keep it illegal.

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
???????? a dit:
And have you done it before? how is it like? what other substance can be compared to?

nope, i think iboga is a little higher on the ladder since it is a very long intense trip. Idd like to have some experiance with for example MDMA, mescalin and LSD before trying it.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
The people who run the heroin trade don't want to lose their income. That's why America is in Afghanistan, because the Taliban removed the poppy field and suddenly there was no heroin anymore. And we can't have that, mr. CIA, because then we don't have any income. America claims to "spray opiumfields". Isn't it strange then that since they invaded Afghanistan the poppy fields are back to the high level it was before the Taliban came into office? The only way to counter this shit is by legalization of opium and it's products. Then there can be no black money flowing into the pockets of some people trying to keep it illegal.

Right on Fork!

That black money has been used to pay for a lot of covert ops. Isn't it sad that in some European countries, heroin use and addiction is becoming more problematic again after years of it basically dieing out? Demand of goods is deliberately manipulated by powers that be and drugs is no less a demand that can be manipulated via media as anything else.

Interesting read about crack cocaine money in relation to funding covert ops is this:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSA ... ebb2.htm#2

L&
HC

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
HeartCore a dit:
LSD was a wonder medicine and it only lost that name, because of the prohibition.

That's what I'm talking about! the most important thing it's, I think, not the substances per se but the experience that they allow us to have.

And about the opium fields: it's not the first time; they have used similar dirty strategies before, like in the opium wars with China.

Read more about that here: http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v97/n196/a03.html

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Do you mean that someone who is addicted to heroin won't suffer from withdrawal while under the influence of LSD aswell?

The psychological process, any psychedelic can achieve it, I agree on this. But (correct me if I'm wrong), Ibogaïne is the only one that allows the user not to suffer from any wthdrawal symptom