Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How's a few joints a day affecting my health?

Djones

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Nov 2006
I've been smoking joints (20 % weed) since last summer, 1/3 a day.
Still I'm doing sports 2/3 a week, and although I notice a little exhaustion in my lungs and stuff, I still feel my condition is pretty good.
But lately I'm having this strange feeling in my breastbone on the left side.
It feels like a slight pain, but at the same time it's not really a pain, more of a pressure kind of like something is cramped up there.

I feel it mostly on days where I haven't slept that much.

But after doing sports and stuff I don't feel it anymore.

But I was wondering if smoking could be the cause for this?

Or could it be my breathing or breathing at night maybe?

I also experience jaw tensions, but little as i think cannabis has got to do with it, it might be also be the same problem which I have in my chest.

All besides my issue, how does 1/3 joints a day affect ones health/

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
20% weed?

What's the other 80%?

Tobacco?

If you mix tobacco and weed, it is my opinion that weed alone is MUCH SAFER.

Tobacco is pure filth, and very detrimental to health, as well as being extremely addictive.

I have read a lot of research, and I am unconvinced that weed presents any danger to one's health, and may in fact be good for you.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
spice a dit:
20% weed?

What's the other 80%?

Tobacco?

Tobacco is pure filth, and very detrimental to health, as well as being extremely addictive.

I have read a lot of research, and I am unconvinced that weed presents any danger to one's health, and may in fact be good for you.

+ 100

Djones

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Nov 2006
Lion a dit:
spice a dit:
20% weed?

What's the other 80%?

Tobacco?

+ 100

yes it is tobacco from cigarettes.
Although I never hear people talking about health issues if they only smoke a few a day.
Besides, there is much more tar coming from weed than from tobacco isn't that correct?
Everyday I have to brush my tongue before i got to be, to get this nasty tasting tar off:)
Which is caused by the weed, I believe.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
There is no study which underlines/proves what you say. Quit tobacco, it is much more pleasant without it.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
by the way: tobacco/nicotine narrows you veins - therefore you may (!) feel pressure because your body is not used to contracted veins as the blood flow is different.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
There are more tars in cannabis but they are not as harmfull as those in tobaco and cannabis doesnt contain nikotin or so high levels of radiation .

If you stop using tobaco it will probably help you .

Pains in the chest could have many reasons but its probably got something to do with your heart / lungs . Is the pain a long one or does it happen when you breath ? If you start getting pains in the neck or arms go to a doctor .

So better stop using tobaco and if the pain in the chest doesnt go away go to a doctors .

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Nicotine = body & mind poisioning
Weed = intensified body & mind sensory

It is was many of them don't want us to see. Nicotine neutralizes thoughts, weed sophisticates them through extentions.

Smoke a cigaret, and you jump into politics, smoke pot, and witness the second faces.

Nicotine fucks with my endurance, weed doesn't.

If you want to use tobacco I'd recommended one or two cigs a month seperately. Solanaceae poisioning does have benefits and tobacco holds a spirit as well. But after 1 cig, the body & mind can't pick up the effects of tobacco anymore and you'll need to put them down for 2 weeks.

Tolerance goes faster than with basecoke and opiates. You're almost instantly immune and smoking more will only bring you back to baseline, which is just without the crave and nervousness but no actual effects anymore.

The lightheadedness, empty thoughts and urge for social approach to your environment is quite pleasant I must say.

Rei

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Jan 2009
Definitely stop smoking tobacco. I stopped smoking tobacco regularly several months ago, and I can breathe much better now.

try making some edibles. they are far more efficient than smoking.

I used an inhaler whenever I had similar symptoms and it worked wonders.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Your problem since it also manifests in your jaw could be simple growth related problem, have you had your wisdom tooth ?

Perhaps your nerves need a little help with elasticity...

Glucosamine/chondroitin/collagen(multi-types)

Magnesium/calcium ?

DHA/EPA ?

If you don't take those and train actively, then you're glad you came by :)

And yeah tobacco is a peace herb usually reserved for smoking when lots of powers seem to challenge your life, and where violence wouldn't help, it's a sacred herb to relate with others who feel the same, a kind of communion, not to be used regularly.

When you smoke cannabis hopefully you smoke the resin and little leaf, whilst for tobacco you smoke only leaf thus more chemicals and more harmful tar. Especially if you don't have the filter to your tobacco it can get quite yucky in there... 20% weed must taste like crap, it's a waste of weed ! :p

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
In general you can state that everything that is smoked is more or less bad to your health. But tobacco is particularly unhealthy.
Vaporizing or eating are the most healthy ways for consuming cannabis.
Is there any proven neurotoxicity related to chronic use of cannabis? I thought there was, but absolutely not sure.

GOD a dit:
There are more tars in cannabis but they are not as harmfull as those in tobacco and cannabis doesn't contain nikotin or so high levels of radiation .

CxHy + a O2 -> x CO2 + y/2 H2O (complete reaction, sufficient O2)
CxHy + b O2 -> x CO + y/2 H2O (incomplete reaction, creates CO-> toxic on hemoglobine)
CxHy + c O2 -> x C + y/2 H2O (incomplete reaction)
(a>b>c)

I might be wrong but I always thought that tar was accumulating carbon in the lungs from above reaction. If I'm right, then tar is harmful regardless where it comes from.

And what do you mean with "high levels of radiation"? Radiation is usually used to express radioactivity... :?:

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
NO, cannabis is not neurotoxic, nor does it cause brain damage.

Please check out this site;

http://www.abovetheignorance.org/faq.html

here's a passage;

Doesn't Marijuana cause brain damage?
The reason why you ask this is because you probably heard or read somewhere that marijuana damages brain cells, or makes you stupid. These claims are untrue.

The first one -- marijuana kills brain cells -- is based on research done during the second Reefer Madness Movement. A study attempted to show that marijuana smoking damaged brain structures in monkeys. However, the study was poorly performed and it was severely criticized by a medical review board. Studies done afterwards failed to show any brain damage, in fact a very recent study on Rhesus monkeys used technology so sensitive that scientists could actually see the effect of learning on brain cells, and it found no damage.

But this was Reefer Madness II, and the prohibitionists were looking around for anything they could find to keep the marijuana legalization movement in check, so this study was widely used in anti-marijuana propaganda. It was recanted later.

(To this day, the radical anti-drug groups, like P.R.I.D.E. and Dr. Gabriel Nahas, still use it -- In fact, America's most popular drug education program, Drug Abuse Resistance Education, claims that marijuana "can impair memory perception & judgement by destroying brain cells.'' When police and teachers read this and believe it, our job gets really tough, since it takes a long time to explain to children how Ms. Jones and Officer Bob were wrong.)

The truth is, no study has ever demonstrated cellular damage, stupidity, mental impairment, or insanity brought on specifically by marijuana use -- even heavy marijuana use. This is not to say that it cannot be abused, however.

reefer Madness

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Google :-

tobaco radiation

Yes , getting tars in your lungs is unhealthy . Tars in this case are a mixture of tars some of them are more carcenogene than others . Have you ever heard or read about anyone getting cancer from smoking cannabis ?

What exactly do you mean by "neurotoxicity" ? Brain / cell damage ?

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
the radiation comes from naturally radioactive isotopes of potassium (and other elements) which accumulate/coat the lung. i assume unflushed (over fed) cannabis has high levels of radiation also.

the main source of carcinogens are free radicals produced in the gas phase through burning. these carcinogens are present in all smoke but many of the chemicals added to tobacco will form radicals upon [incomplete] combustion so tobacco in this respect is probably far worse than well grown cannabis.

radical chain reactions in vivo are best dealt with through taking extra antioxidants such as vitamin C. ascorbid acid effectively halts these radical chain reactions, though quitting is undoubtably far more effective.

ive smoked the odd cigarette since 9 years old. i became addicted at 16 after spending a night in police custody. it was a concious decision at the time. i decided to start smoking. i regret it

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Nope !

Tobacco is a plant that particularly absorbs radiation, they use it to clean radioactive waste fields. The cannabis plant structure is different and mostly absorbs heavy metals and cannot "hold" radiation.

I would have to dig references but I read this in a medical journal a few years ago.

Also not all potassiums are radioactive, to get that you'd have to want to create a potassium thats over 60% pure, which is kinda fanatical of a thing to do, yet the tobacco industries use it because it's cheaper to make radioactive stuff than just plan old potassium.

Tobacco burns also twice higher in temperature than cannabis, thats why if you smoke cannabis with a little tobacco, the whole last centimeter of your joint is worthless, all the thc has vaporised already. This also creates much more derivatives from the combustion.

Free radicals are part of the cancer mechanism, but only a small part, if you don't have radiation and some special immuno-deviant proteins your body will be able to clear it eventually. (hoping you know what you are doing and eat anti-oxidants to compensate for your smoking, and other good stuff too)

Ascorbic acid is a major enzyme depletor in your body, it's very bad because it will deplete your natural reserve to chelate the vitamin so it can be used, use ESTER-C instead in the already bioavailable form so your gene enzyme expression remains intact when intaking the sufficient amounts of this vitamin for effectiveness against smoke and pollution radicals. (at least 2 grams a day)

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
GOD a dit:
Yes , getting tars in your lungs is unhealthy . Tars in this case are a mixture of tars some of them are more carcenogene than others . Have you ever heard or read about anyone getting cancer from smoking cannabis ?

no, but because you ain't heard anything, doesn't means anything... Come on, you're smarter than that kind of arguments...
still skeptical about different types of tar...

Thanks for the source, spice, i'll make sure to check that out. I read that cannabis is being investigated as a very effective alzheimer-brake. Still I can tell from personal experience that my marks in highschool did go down everytime I had been smoking pot for some time, but obviously related to the effect of it.

druglessdouglas: it's never to late to stop ;) (cliché, but that's the way it is) thanks for the info, I had forgotten about free radicals.

Ahuaeynjxs, sorry to inform you but: nerves are NOT elastic, glucosamine/chondroitin are ostheoarthritis-reductants (glucosamide totally unproven to work), collagen is a polypetide thus completely digested in amino acids.
omega-3 fatty acids (DHA/..) may be highly present in neuron membranes
and magnesium and calcium may be efficient dietary supplements,but I really don't see any obvious link with any symptoms

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
Tobacco is a plant that particularly absorbs radiation, they use it to clean radioactive waste fields. The cannabis plant structure is different and mostly absorbs heavy metals and cannot "hold" radiation.

Ascorbic acid is a major enzyme depletor in your body

HAHAHAA :D you would be dead without vit C man :D it's a co-enzyme you can't miss. else you bleed yourself to death basically because you cannot synthesize properly collagen. radioactivity is all around us, so if tobacco takes it up, when you smoke it you release it!!! and heavy metals are even more toxic :s

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
unfortunately the use of natural phosphate rock (apatites etc) as fertilizers increase the concentration of naturally radioactive isotopes in the soil. i wonder what they use to feed "organic" tobacco?

and remember: nobody likes a quitter :wink: