Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Horrible problem(s)

G

Invité
spice a dit:
Yeah some psychologists don't know their shit. Same with psychiatrists.....

But some of them know a lot, and help a lot.

Kudos to you spice, will you marry me ?

v16

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2008
Vlad, can you give a little better history of the experiences? I have alot of questions, if you don't want to answer them, that's cool.

How old are you now?

When did you first experience any of the symptoms?

Are they always shortly after substance use?

Do/Did they occur before any substance abuse?

Have you only had the one run-in with the law? Where you arrested? Or just put on psychiatric hold?

What medication have you been placed on, how long did you take it, and when/why did you stop taking it.

Do you live alone? Married? In a relationship? Have you ever lived with roommate/significant others, ect.

Do you smoke cigarettes? If yes, how long, how many packs a day.

You say now that you don't really see/hear/feel these things very often. I am curious if you every have problems with your environment.

Do you think that your neighbors are too loud? Do they stomp around, or knock on the walls?

Do you have trouble watching TV/movies/listening to the radio/music/reading books. Do you sometimes feel the shows have a special meaning just for you?

Do you get in arguments frequently with people? If so do they every involve physical violence?

Also, are you religious? Where you raised in a religious house? If not, what would you say is your world view? Are you committed to any organized group, or routine meetings.

that's alot I know, but it really helps in these things to get a overview of the person.

Supervixen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Fev 2009
Guys like Carl Jung weren't 'full of shit'

Sure, I hope I didn't seem like I was insulting the whole world of psychology ! Of course there have been lots of great ideas, discoveries, and treatments. It's only that some psychologists themselves see the things way too... I don't know, it's just that need to NAME everything that can go wrong in a mind that makes me crazy. MADNESS IS BEYOND WORDS. That's my point of view. But yep, some people have made up some good things with the words, too.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I'd say despite their education, some psychologists are pretty good.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Yeah some psychologists don't know their shit. Same with psychiatrists.....

But some of them know a lot, and help a lot.

I've seen a few loved ones going down the drain because of the incapacity of mental carers to actually provide just that at an age I was too young and naive to provide help myself or to facilitate the process.

Being a psychiatrist says jack shit about your competence being able to help someone with mental health problems.

Aside from that, they are being denied the proper tools....

Thats not to say there aren't some capable psychiatrists but in general, I feel the bashing is in place, most of them haven't got a clue and never will and can be compared to physicians applying bloodsuckers in the 14th or so century.

AND WHAT FORK SAYS :D

Vlad

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Mai 2008
v16 a dit:
How old are you now?

When did you first experience any of the symptoms?

Are they always shortly after substance use?

No. Recently I noticed entheogenics made the effects a lot more managable and seemingly disappear.
By now they disappeared almost completely though except for the breath problem.

Do/Did they occur before any substance abuse?

Usually without substance use.

Have you only had the one run-in with the law? Where you arrested? Or just put on psychiatric hold?

What do you mean? I was 'collocated' as they call it here. Which means the police force you to the judge who forces you to the psychiatry. Basically people call the police who lock you up as the judge almost always agrees with psychiatrists. You don't get arrested, you just get handcuffed taken to a psychiatry and sentenced by the judge.

What medication have you been placed on, how long did you take it, and when/why did you stop taking it.

Risperidone 8 months, haloperidol 2 months, zyprexa maybe two weeks, two weeks and once an instant form of clopixol, once dhbp, and a few weeks abilify.

Risperdal and Clopixol gave horrible side effects and I quit all because they all do jack shit.

Do you live alone? Married? In a relationship? Have you ever lived with roommate/significant others, ect.

Live with my brother now looking for a new house appartment or studio. Usually lived alone.

Do you smoke cigarettes? If yes, how long, how many packs a day.

Never did.

You say now that you don't really see/hear/feel these things very often. I am curious if you every have problems with your environment.

Nope never. I only get pissed off by my annoying brother when he smokes weed at 7 am in the morning because he can't go to sleep and the smoke wakes me up.

Do you think that your neighbors are too loud? Do they stomp around, or knock on the walls?

Nope. Guy in the next studio sometimes shouts or puts his music loud but I can live with it.

Do you have trouble watching TV/movies/listening to the radio/music/reading books. Do you sometimes feel the shows have a special meaning just for you?

Nope.

Do you get in arguments frequently with people? If so do they every involve physical violence?

Nope.

Also, are you religious?

Nope.

Where you raised in a religious house?

Yep.

If not, what would you say is your world view?

I think it's closest to the ancient view of the elements.

Are you committed to any organized group, or routine meetings.

Nope.

Vlad

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Mai 2008
Supervixen a dit:
(like "it's the Dad's fault", or whatever)

End 2007 I got really sick after eating a piece of salted meat that my parents had brought with them from Macedonia. A few minutes after eating it I felt like throwing up, and dizzy. I could barely throw up and got sick, and got a fever and diarrhea, and my stomach started hurting. Everything I ate came out, even water or fruit juice. So I fasted and rest for days hoping for it to get better, until I finally decided since I wasn't getting better to call a doctor.

So the doctor came, and analyzed me, and thought maybe I could have an infected appendix, but guess what, she thought maybe I was simply psychotic, and you know why? Because I told her I got sick after eating the meat, and I thought it was because of that, and in her reasoning, that wasn't possible, and I was psychotic, because my parents and brother had eaten from the same meat and not gotten sick. She seriously wanted to prescribe me Risperdal.

I told her to fuck off and called another doctor who checked my blood.
I had elevated (ten times maximum allowed!) CRP levels, which measure toxicity in the blood or something, and that doctor said I should go to the hospital immediatelly and was surprised I was still well and all. There they checked me and drained all the pus from my bowel cavity and put me on antibiotics and in a week I was back home.

Now what would have happened if I would have been in a psychiatry and got sick there and asked for the doctor? Probably more Risperdal! Glorious psychiatrists! (Oh yeah that first doctor worked part time in a psychiatry btw).

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Vlad a dit:
Supervixen a dit:
(like "it's the Dad's fault", or whatever)

End 2007 I got really sick after eating a piece of salted meat that my parents had brought with them from Macedonia. A few minutes after eating it I felt like throwing up, and dizzy. I could barely throw up and got sick, and got a fever and diarrhea, and my stomach started hurting. Everything I ate came out, even water or fruit juice. So I fasted and rest for days hoping for it to get better, until I finally decided since I wasn't getting better to call a doctor.

So the doctor came, and analyzed me, and thought maybe I could have an infected appendix, but guess what, she thought maybe I was simply psychotic, and you know why? Because I told her I got sick after eating the meat, and I thought it was because of that, and in her reasoning, that wasn't possible, and I was psychotic, because my parents and brother had eaten from the same meat and not gotten sick. She seriously wanted to prescribe me Risperdal.

I told her to fuck off and called another doctor who checked my blood.
I had elevated (ten times maximum allowed!) CRP levels, which measure toxicity in the blood or something, and that doctor said I should go to the hospital immediatelly and was surprised I was still well and all. There they checked me and drained all the pus from my bowel cavity and put me on antibiotics and in a week I was back home.

Now what would have happened if I would have been in a psychiatry and got sick there and asked for the doctor? Probably more Risperdal! Glorious psychiatrists! (Oh yeah that first doctor worked part time in a psychiatry btw).

Haha I once had an infection in my colon that they say would have killed me if I had not finely fgiven in and went to the doctors... I remember sitting on the little table thing they have, and I started gigleing. I realized I was about to hallucinate and my lungs were tickling. I was severely tripping out because of the bacteria in my colon... Given maybe a week or 2 more you could definitely not have a normal conversation with me....

v16

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2008

What do you mean? I was 'collocated' as they call it here. Which means the police force you to the judge who forces you to the psychiatry. Basically people call the police who lock you up as the judge almost always agrees with psychiatrists. You don't get arrested, you just get handcuffed taken to a psychiatry and sentenced by the judge.

sounds like you aren't in the states. It doesn't work that way here unless someone close to you (Mother, Father, Wife, , maybe girlfriend..) reports you a danger to yourself or others.

If you had an argument here, that was bad enough that a neighbor or significant other called the police, and they feel you might be in some suffering a psychiatric episode, and are a danger to your self or others, they will usually arrest you for something like disturbing the peace, and get you into the system.

believe it or not, police have alot of experience dealing with people having a psychiatric episode, or suffering from a major mental illness. I trust their judgment in these things, and so should most of the general public. It is better to error on the side of caution, because a truly schizophrenic person in the middle of episode can hurt/scare people around them very badly.

That said, not knowing what country you live in I can't really say how your metal health system works. You do fit the age that most people with Schizophrenia first start showing symptoms, telling a doctor that you see people that aren't their, and that they can read your thoughts, is something that ANY doctor regardless of their specialty is going to take very seriously. (I'm not sure you told your doctors this from your posts)

I can see from all your posts why a doctor might try you out on those drugs. They fact that you stopped taking them is in no way surprising. Most schizophrenics, in fact most people with a mental illness decide to DC their medication once they are no longer in crises. Most of them say the side effects sucked, the drugs made them feel like a zombie, they made things worst, ect.

What also happens over here is a mental ill patient will either get better (great), get sick again and seek treatment (great), or do something in public that gets them arrested and sentenced and put of mandatory treatment by the state (no so great). Unfortunately alot of really mentally ill people slip through the cracks, end up with substance problems, and end up on the street. (Very Bad)

Unfortunately for psychiatry, there are no blood tests that can say hey you have X illness. There are starting to become MRI/PET scans that can show differences between ill and normal brains, but these are in no way diagnostic. Treating the mentally ill is truly and art form. But trust me mental illness do exist. Millions of people in this country alone suffer (and if you want to see true suffering volunteer on a psych ward for a week).

I don't care about that psych basing. It has been going on for generations. Hell 200 years ago people though cold air and bathing was the source of alot of physical illness. We got over that. People will get over the fact that, believe it or not, psychiatry is a real science, it doctors are extensively trained, and yes people who enter treatment tend to get better.

Most people with these opinions have very little real experience in the field. Mot of their arguments come in the form of, " I had a uncle that got all screwed up by his psych doc" This is like blaming a oncologist for causing a patients cancer. People usually go see doctors only when they are having MAJOR issues, this includes and is even more ture for mental illness.

Anyway, I hope things work out for you. Schizophrenia is a disease that only gets worst, I hope in 5 years you are doing just as well as you seem to be now. Only time will tell.

Vlad

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Mai 2008
I'm from Belgium.

Hell 200 years ago people though cold air and bathing was the source of alot of physical illness. We got over that.

Psychiatrists still seem to believe the chemical imbalance is the source of a lot of problems. I don't believe that. I also don't believe the body is simply a chemical machine and we are the product of material matter originating consciousness through the brain like psychiatrists seem to believe. I think consciousness mind and will are faculties that can directly influence the brain and the way the body works, and I don't believe for a single minute that most diagnoses of schizophrenia are a disease that is brain related and can not be cured by willpower and mind and consciousness alone. Sure on scans brain changes have been noticed and chemical 'imbalances' measures but the brain could very well be a reflexive and symbiotic organ that reacts in regard to more subtler faculties like consciousness mind and will and if you work with these you could influence brain matter. A two way system instead of a one way system where matter alone influenced mind.

Psychiatrists never talk about these things. They neglect that aspect of the mind, while they should be teaching that imo. They only prescribe drugs or electroshock therapy depending on the country you're in. The therapy is also pretty worthless and so is the psychological support. For one I can see the partial 'benefit' in therapy as a way to guide the mentally broken along a path of structure like a baby learns to talk and walk etc, but on the other hand I personally feel that if a person is so broken that they lost their mind, they should also be left alone until they regain it by themself. They should be strong and have or develop willpower, not be baby nurtured. You can call me a nazi on that point, but I see it that way in nature too just like sick animals are left to die by their herd or group, I think sick persons should be strong and overcome diseases as much as possible by themselves. In a way it is survival of the strongest that way. There is always a reason why someone becomes sick. It can be through personal bad habits leading to brain poisoning and combined with a weak mind leading to a breakdown. It can also be through external influences. Yes I believe in that. And I also believe even if it's the case one should fight as much as possible against it even if the reason is not understood. In my own case even though I saw electronic looking images I fight against it and I don't give up and I don't ask for help, and I did not cause trouble to others or ask for help. I only had a problem with the fact others forced their 'help' on me and made it worse for me. I have a problem with the attitude of psychiatrists and many people who believe in things without being able to offer solid proof. I was forced drugs without solid proof offered that these drugs do in fact aid or change something, and treated like an idiot, all over easy to make up charges by people who only have to call the police because they don't agree with your actions or view on things. I don't let myself be treated like that. First of all I was locked up over some people's OPINION about me, second off I was forced drugs that influenced my brain chemistry without being offered proof, and without these people who should offer proof being able to solidly explain how a chemical influences images, sounds, my willpower, consciousness, and everything. What kind of idiots are these people and what kind of idiot do they take me for? Thinking that I will allow myself to be treated by force and my brain chemistry messed up by their chemicals? It's akin to strapping someone and stabbing him with a knife. Only by 'gentle means'... forcing you into a psychiatry because people don't agree with your expressed thoughts and then force you on drugs by physical restraint and locking you up in a cell.

If anything, the desire of doctors to 'change my mind', as expressed by the nurses, has only made me a lot more hateful and vengeful. And for that, I should say again these people are huge idiots if they could not foresee such a thing. Someone without a clue on that issue should not have been a doctor in the first place, but been left as a slave in a plantation field or something similar.

v16

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2008
I can tell you right now the "willpower" will not cure a true metnal illness. This is like saying you can will a bacteria to stop infecting you. This like saying a blind person can will themselves to see.

You can believe whatever you want about the way the world works, it doesn't make it so. Some people still believe the world is flat. Some people believe aliens made the pyramids. Hell some guys around here are convinced florinated water is the source of all their medical ills. (I don't want to start that one again)

you may not want to believe it, but all the medication you listed has gone through a more rigorous testing procedures than ANY of the psychedelic drugs talked about on these forums. They HAVE been showing to work with in a variety of mental illnesses. You may not want to believe these things but they are facts. Look up the papers. Its all public domain.

Moreover, I have witnessed the positive effects of medication and treatment on 100's of patients. You have a data point of one.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe things will work out for you, but reading your posts, I feel something is going on with you. This is in no way diagnostic, and not a professional diagnosis. That can't be done without a few face to face meetings. But it is my gut feeling. I think iif you opened yourself to the possibility that you may really have something going on, no matter how you want to fit it into your world view, seaking treatment might help.

Part of the process is finding a doctor who's methods and beliefs you are comfortable with. That's why I asked about your world outlook. There is a wide range of opinions in the field on how to treat illness. Some doctors are very aggressive, and really like to get hte medication on board. Epically when someone seems to be in crisis. (When you where seeing beings, you where in crisis, like it or not) Others are much more conservative, and do what I like to call watchful waiting. Either way, like I said how much experience do you have with metal illness? How many people have you treated? Doctors, like it or not see 10,000's of patients over the course of their carriers. You just need to approach it from a different point of view.

I have heard all your arguments before. It is amazing how often people say similar things when faced with something like this. It can be a really frustrating and even scary thing. But ignoring it, or trying to make your own way, using "willpower", whatever you want to call it, is a very dangerous idea. In the end its your life, your mind. Just be careful.

I do hope things work out.

Vlad

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Mai 2008
I can tell you right now the "willpower" will not cure a true metnal illness. This like say you can will a bacteria to stop infecting you. This like saying a blind person can will themselves to see.

Yeah well first off you won't believe this but I have seen through my eyelids. My eyes were absolutely closed and I saw through them, and it was not a case of imagining my surroundings. I was walking around and saw clearly as with open eyes. I think this was an activation of my astral or light body, and I admit I know little about it and so does public science seem to know, but I do know I was and am not crazy and imagined it.
Why do I mention this? Because not everything is known about the world and you mentioned blind people being able to see with will. It could be possible. There's even this story I heard about a blind born woman who is able to astral project to go to satellites of the NASA and say what is written on them etc.

Based on experience and research I do indeed think you can cure all illnesses sooner or later with willpower mind and consciousness. You can disagree but it does not mean I am wrong. Some people are exceptions to the rule.

Besides what constitutes a true mental illness? How can one say when one is healthy and when not? When decided by the majority of individuals who come into contact with a person? This is a gray area.

you may not want to believe it, but all the medication you listed has gone through a more rigorous testing procedures than ANY of the psychedelic drugs talked about on these forums. They HAVE been showing to work with in a variety of mental illnesses. You may not want to believe these things but they are facts. Look up the papers. Its all public domain.

Moreover, I have witnessed the positive effects of medication and treatment on 100's of patients. You have a data point of one.

I have talked to nurses who worked in a psychiatric ward and have also seen hundreds of patients who said they thought the medicines could help, but were certainly not failproof medicines and in many cases did not do anything at all except give the drawbacks. That is a well known fact and it shows this is inexact experimental science. Inexact science should not be forced upon somebody. Yet psychiatrists are allowed to do this.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe things will work out for you, but reading your posts, I feel something is going on with you. This is in no way diagnostic, and not a professional diagnosis. That can't be done without a few face to face meetings. But it is my gut feeling. I think iif you opened yourself to the possibility that you may really have something going on, no matter how you want to fit it into your world view, seaking treatment might help.

Tell you something I mentioned before on this and another thread. I am also interested in alchemy and monoatomic gold. I don't intend to take this discussion off topic into that tangent, but recently I noticed something interesting related to these bizarre and annoying things I experienced which some people chose to call a psychosis.

I think I mentioned in this thread that for several months, from october 2008 up until januari 2009, I felt like an energy came over me, and especially felt so like located at the head more specifically the mouth area although it did not feel so but more like a general almost electric tension, and that this energy together with sight of these 'electronic jews' made me forcefully swallow and produce saliva by stimulating my salivary glands, and making me pay attention to production of saliva, forcing me to, and effectively, making it a conscious task for me, so badly in fact that my cheeks one time started to hurt from the stimulation of the glands to produce. It's not like I was unaware of it. I could ignore it. I tried to. But it's impossible. It's like having an intense itching feeling and having the ability to scratch yourself so easily that all it takes is a breath to do so. And doing so, almost impossible to stop, makes you produce saliva. That was the order of annoyance I had. And not just that. That energy/tension that came over me made me feel in consciousness/intuition that I had to be silent and not speak, and it felt like a sin if I did. I had to be silent and apparently 'endure'.

Some weeks ago I sampled a monoatomic gold product which was made from dead sea salt with water that has a higher than normal concentration of monoatomics. See it like high energy water or something like that.

When I sampled that product, the symptoms of the tension/energy I described above immediatelly came back. I felt a tightness at the center of the chest area, like a thick heavy energy, and the tension/energy that would make me produce more saliva and swallow more than normal, and be silent.

The probably common asssumption of this is that this is a psychological phenomenom, and that I probably out of fear reacted like this.

No. I'm telling you all of this happened in a clear sober state of consciousness and sceptic mind without expectations. It seems an energetic phenomenom.

Something is indeed going on, and I think it is energy and mind related, not physical.

I told a psychiatrist two years ago that when I held my hand over a beaker with freshly precipitated monoatomic gold, I, and a friend who unexpectedly happened to pass by and I made it check as well, felt a field over the beaker like a magnetic field, that felt not attractive, nor repulsive, like magnets usually do, but felt like a magnetic field, similar in all feelings except like I said not attractive or repulsive feeling.

The psychiatrist ignored this.

Monoatomic gold seems related to alchemy.
Alchemy seems to be about consciousness alteration and expansion, and perfection of the human body just like the perfection of metals towards gold.

Monoatomic gold from research seems to have been ingested by high priests and kings and was the food for the light body.

But I do not believe things.
I test.

So far I have tested monoatomic gold and it indeed seems to have done things.

What I experience might have been related to it. It certainly seems to have been related to ingestion of the substance extracted from dead sea salt and made with the water with a higher concentration of monoatomic elements in it. This does not mean it is all due to monoatomic gold. It could be due to something else, but I think it is due to the energy associated with liquid monoatomic gold. It does not mean it is a bad thing. On the contrary monoatomic gold in all tests seems to have only brought about positive things like enhanced plant growth and healing of diseases.

I also know what should theoretically be present in the product I consumed, and it should be excluded of heavy metals, so that probably rules out that possibility and even if there would be heavy metals in it, I doubt they would give a symptom that fast (it was really fast that that energy/tension reappeared, like immediatelly after swallowing of when I held it in the mouth, I don't remember exactly).

So what do I have? People saying schizophrenia, and me finding out monoatomic gold ingestion triggers such an effect, whereas normally in all tests it heals people animals and gives bigger than normal fruits and crops for plants. Seems contradictory. Unless my brain is experiencing a 'rewiring' of some sort.

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
Vlad a dit:
but felt like a magnetic field, similar in all feelings except like I said not attractive or repulsive feeling.

Wouldn't the attractive/repulsive feeling be the only thing that you could actually feel in a magnetic field?

Vlad

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Mai 2008
Yes true, but it felt similar to the feeling you experience when you feel the push or pull from a magnetic field except it felt like not pushing or pulling and a friend felt it too so it's probably not a psychotic reaction. It could be an unknown form of energy.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
v16 a dit:
I can tell you right now the "willpower" will not cure a true metnal illness. This is like saying you can will a bacteria to stop infecting you. This like saying a blind person can will themselves to see.

This is wrong, your analogies are off, and I am proof of this. The thing is you have to be somewhat intelligent to cure yourself from this type of disease.

Mental illness in somecases is genetic or caused from chemicals, its caused from processes either repeated or neglected.

But unfortunately not everyone who succumbs to mental illness is intelligent enough to break free from it's grasp... Some will fight forever, some give in, and some break free.

I got lucky I guess.

Vlad

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Mai 2008
http://www.drugs.com/sfx/risperidone-side-effects.html

Respiratory side effects

"Collective data gathered from 17 placebo-controlled clinical studies (n=5106)
involving the use of atypical antipsychotic agents, including risperidone, for
the treatment of behavioral disorders in the elderly patient with dementia
showed a risk of death 1.6 to 1.7 times greater in the drug- treated patient
than in the placebo- treated patient. The average length of duration for the
trials was 10 weeks with the cause of death in the majority of cases, though not
all, reported as either cardiovascular (e.g., heart failure, sudden death) or
infectious (e.g., pneumonia) in nature. Risperidone is not approved by the FDA
for use in the treatment of behavioral disorders in elderly patients with
dementia.

A case of respiratory dyskinesia characterized by involuntary movements of the
respiratory musculature, irregular respiration, grunting, and hyperventilation
was reported in a patient following discontinuation of risperidone. Symptoms
resolved after restarting risperidone and subsequently, were less severe with a
more gradual withdrawal of risperidone.

Respiratory side effects have frequently included rhinitis, coughing, sinusitis,
pharyngitis, upper respiratory infection, and dyspnea. Hyperventilation,
bronchospasm, pneumonia, and stridor have also been reported. Asthma, increased
sputum, and aspiration have been reported rarely. A case of respiratory
dyskinesia has also been reported.

An increased risk of mortality, possibly due to an infection such as pneumonia,
has been reported with the use of atypical antipsychotic agents, including
risperidone, in the treatment of behavioral disorders in the elderly patient
with dementia."

PubMed:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7626 ... $=activity

Neuroleptic-induced respiratory dyskinesia.
Kruk J, Sachdev P, Singh S.

Neuropsychiatric Institute, Prince Henry Hospital, Matraville, NSW, Australia.

Respiratory dyskinesia is a common but under-recognized side effect of chronic
neuroleptic administration. It manifests as irregular respiration, dyspnea,
grunting or gasping, and abnormal chest or esophageal movements. It occurs
almost exclusively in association with other tardive effects of neuroleptics,
such as tardive dyskinesia and tardive akathisia. Complications of the disorder
include respiratory alkalosis and aspiration pneumonia. The authors describe 5
patients with respiratory dyskinesia whose cases highlight the important
clinical features of neuroleptic-induced respiratory dyskinesia and the manner
in which some cases may be misdiagnosed. They also review the literature on this
syndrome and discuss the likely pathophysiological mechanisms.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1365 ... stem2.PEnt\
rez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos\
=3&log$=relatedreviews&logdbfrom=pubmed

The relationship of pineal calcification and melatonin secretion to the
pathophysiology of tardive dyskinesia and Tourette's syndrome.
Sandyk R, Kay SR.

Department of Psychiatry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical
Center, Bronx, NY 10461.

Despite current intensive research, the pathophysiology of tardive dyskinesia
(TD), a serious neurological side effect of neuroleptic treatment, is poorly
understood. Prompted by the observation of an increased incidence and severity
of abnormal perioral movements in neuroleptic-treated pinealectomized, as
compared to intact rats, we suggested that the pineal gland exerts a protective
effect which mitigates against the development of TD and, by inference, that
reduced melatonin secretion may be related to the pathophysiology of TD. To
investigate this proposition further, we studied the association of TD with
pineal calcification (PC) on CT scan in chronic schizophrenic patients. Our
findings revealed a significant association between TD and PC and suggest,
furthermore, that PC may be a neuroradiological marker of TD. Since PC may
reflect diminished secretory activity of the gland, these findings support the
hypothesis that the pathophysiology of TD is linked to disturbances of melatonin
secretion. The clinical and therapeutic implications of these novel findings are
discussed. In the following communication, in which we introduce the hypothesis
that disturbances of 5-HT and melatonin secretion are related to the
pathophysiology of TD. Subsequently, we present a series of studies which relate
to the association of TD with PC. We conclude by presenting the hypothesis that
disturbances in melatonin secretion may also be relevant to the pathophysiology
of Tourette's syndrome.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1579 ... $=activity

Risperidone withdrawal-related respiratory dyskinesia: a case diagnosed by
spirography and fibroscopy.
Komatsu S, Kirino E, Inoue Y, Arai H.

Department of Psychiatry, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Saitama,
Japan.

Risperidone is a frequently used member of a new class of atypical
antipsychotics-the serotonin-dopamine antagonists (SDAs)-due to its
comparatively high efficacy and low D2/5HT2 binding ratio, which results in a
low incidence of extrapyramidal side effects including tardive dyskinesia (TD).
The authors present an elderly patient with mixed dementia who developed TD at
multiple sites, (including respiratory dyskinesia [RD], limb dyskinesia, and
orofacial dyskinesia) following abrupt withdrawal of risperidone therapy. RD is
not a rare condition, but is often misdiagnosed and is potentially lethal.
Therefore, clinicians should pay close attention to possible onset of RD in
patients with multiple risk factors for TD, even when SDA therapy is used. If RD
is suspected, assessment should include spirography combined with fibroscopy for
examination of irregularities in the rate, rhythm, and depth of respiration.

Vlad

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Mai 2008
Who was it that said the risperidone was probably not to blame?
The studies above show that there is a direct link.
Even more, like I said risperidone contains fluoride, and the fluoride probably ends up somewhere in the body.
This is what I found now in a brief search:

http://www.icnr.com/jluke/fluoridedeposition.html

Fluoride Deposition in the Aged Human Pineal Gland
Jennifer Luke
School of Biological Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Royal London Hospital

(snipped)

In conclusion, this study presented evidence that fluoride readily accumulates in the aged pineal. Fluoride may also accumulate in a child's pineal because significant amounts of calcification have been demonstrated in the pineals from young children [Cooper, 1932; Wurtman, 1968; Kerényi and Sarkar, 1968; Tapp and Huxley, 197 1; Doskocil, 1984]. In fact, calcification of the developing enamel organs and the pineal gland occur concurrently. If fluoride does accumulate in the child's pineal (this needs verification), the pinealocytes will be exposed to relatively high local concentrations of fluoride. This could affect pineal metabolism in much the same way that high local concentrations of fluoride in the developing enamel organ affect ameloblast function. Research is presently underway to discover whether fluoride affects pineal physiology during childhood: specifically pineal synthesis of melatonin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1979971

Pineal calcification and subtypes of tardive dyskinesia.
Sandyk R.

Department of Psychiatry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10461.

There is evidence that reduced melatonin secretion is associated with the pathophysiology of tardive dyskinesia (TD). To investigate the relationship between melatonin secretion and TD, I evaluated scores of subtypes of TD with CT scan measurements of pineal calcification (PC) size in 77 chronic institutionalized schizophrenic and bipolar patients. There was a significantly greater incidence of pathologically enlarged calcified pineal glands (greater than 1 cm in diameter) in the patients (18.1%) compared to the reported incidence in the literature in nonpsychiatric subjects (1%). In addition, there was a significant association between scores of limb-axial (but not orofacial) dyskinesias and the presence of pathologically enlarged PC (p less than 0.05). These findings support the notion that the pathophysiology of orofacial dyskinesias may be distinct from limb-axial dyskinesias. In addition, since it is possible that a pathologically enlarged calcified pineal gland is associated with reduced melatonin secretion, these findings add further support to implicate decreased melatonin secretion in the pathophysiology of TD. Further studies using direct measurements of plasma melatonin levels are required to define more precisely the relationship between TD and melatonin secretion.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1365 ... rom=pubmed

The relationship of pineal calcification and melatonin secretion to the pathophysiology of tardive dyskinesia and Tourette's syndrome.
Sandyk R, Kay SR.

Department of Psychiatry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10461.

Despite current intensive research, the pathophysiology of tardive dyskinesia (TD), a serious neurological side effect of neuroleptic treatment, is poorly understood. Prompted by the observation of an increased incidence and severity of abnormal perioral movements in neuroleptic-treated pinealectomized, as compared to intact rats, we suggested that the pineal gland exerts a protective effect which mitigates against the development of TD and, by inference, that reduced melatonin secretion may be related to the pathophysiology of TD. To investigate this proposition further, we studied the association of TD with pineal calcification (PC) on CT scan in chronic schizophrenic patients. Our findings revealed a significant association between TD and PC and suggest, furthermore, that PC may be a neuroradiological marker of TD. Since PC may reflect diminished secretory activity of the gland, these findings support the hypothesis that the pathophysiology of TD is linked to disturbances of melatonin secretion. The clinical and therapeutic implications of these novel findings are discussed. In the following communication, in which we introduce the hypothesis that disturbances of 5-HT and melatonin secretion are related to the pathophysiology of TD. Subsequently, we present a series of studies which relate to the association of TD with PC. We conclude by presenting the hypothesis that disturbances in melatonin secretion may also be relevant to the pathophysiology of Tourette's syndrome.

Vlad

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Mai 2008
And more FYI

http://www.drugs.com/pro/risperdal-consta.html

Risperdal Consta professional information from the FDA:

Respiratory System Disorders

Frequent: dyspnea.

That is exactly what I experience. The sensation that you are suffocating among several things under the label dyspnea.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Well go see a doctor. We can't tell you to stop taking your meds.

Or are you going to tell him the science he practices is inexact and experimental, go home and drink some heavy metals?