Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Horrible problem(s)

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Welcome mesca, but fuck you.

Don't you dare say that my posts were not thought about relevantly and in depth. I had experienced EXACTLY what he was feeling. He was me and I was him. He wouldn't LISTEN. HE WOULDN'T LISTEN. He wanted help, but what he really truly wanted was someone to simply just agree with every word he said. Everything he said had to be fact, because he was experiencing it. This thread was so emotionally packed for both him and me it was difficult not to get angered by his ignorance both to himself and to us. He simply WANTED it to be true, he wanted to believe what was happening was his, and him alone.

I was going to rip him out of what was going to end this way no matter what, but he refused advice, he refused caring, he refused help. He simply wanted someone to agree with him, and I couldn't do that, for I knew what would happen. Insanity or death.

He chose not to seek insanity.

Please, don't ever tell us on here that we are selling bullshit advice about psychadelics. This is why we are here, to discuss and learn. Vlad didn't want to learn, he wanted us to simply accept his every word as the truth of everything - that HIS reality was OUR reality.

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
I agree with MescaCactus (though I didn't read the discussion as it occured, I can only view it in retrospect). Certainly some of the posts in this thread are sincere and respectful, but there's also a lot of ridicule. Vlad wasn't really listened to or taken seriously, and attention was diverted to side issues like "entities" and "DMT".

I don't wish to condemn anyone however. This is an open internet forum, not a staff of psychedelic therapists. We're a bunch of underground philosophers, poets, chemists, growers, artists, neo-shamans and hippies, not psychologists. This is not the place to expect help when you're experiencing depression, suicidal tendencies or persistent hallucinations.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
To the last sentance avatar:

That is exactly why I joined the forum actually.

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
IJesusChrist a dit:
That is exactly why I joined the forum actually.
Well, I'm not saying a person can't get any help or good advice here, but in the end it's still an internet forum, whereas most psychological problems need to be solved locally. When you're depressed, suicidal or delusional you must find someone whom you can trust and interact with directly, not just through written words.

A forum is also a place where people go because they are bored and want to be entertained. Ridicule is a great way to make others laugh and gain popularity. But the last thing a psychologically troubled person needs is ridicule and opinionated advise. This thread is a great example of that.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Vlad a dit:
IJesusChrist a dit:
Vlad, if you want to believe in these things, they will forever be with you most likely.

If you don't want to see them, theres a way.

You choose, both of them are as real as anything else.

If I believe, they go away. They want me to believe. They made fun of it in fact.
If you believe, they seem to go away.

If you DON'T believe but sceptically want to observe and know the truth, they don't leave. You have to lock them out, hide yourself, in mind, it seems.

This was the most provoking message he sent, and after this one I realized he wasn't coming back. I did become sarcastic after this, because he was no longer listening for help - he wanted someone to tell him they saw electronic jews too...

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
maybe the put you in a psycho ward cuz you TOLD THEM YOU DID DMT

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Honestly, this goes back in this thread, but we all have to come to terms with the fact that few of us here are licensed psychiatrists. As such, we have to be careful to give out advice even to people who have the same symptoms. All in all, as much as we can help one another here, our primary focus is on evolving the mind, not trying to harness it due to regress (if you get that here as well, thats amazing, but still not the primary reason).

On a side note, reading over the thread, it does look like IJC did his best to communicate with Vlad, over what we can all agree was a difficult conversation. Obviously it didn't turn out the way we would hope, but the attempt to help is sometimes the most we can do. Kudos.

If it's true (whether electronic jews are real or not, you seemed to be an intellectual person) RIP Vlad.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Thanks. I kind of wanted to hear that... although, I wish I would have had some fore-sight... but don't we all.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
restin a dit:
I just don't see how a man or woman who has been relatively sober their entire life can help with a person of schizophrenia. That's like having a guide for mt.everest who has never left his house.
So the job of psychiatrist should be given to schizos and suiciders? Fine. A doc that makes a heart OP doesn't need having had one as well, a judge that judges a murderer doesn't need to commit a crime. Do you think noone was helped with a psychiatrist? WRONG. If a person dies on the bed of a surgeon, shall we eliminate medicine?

"schizo's and suiciders" you label them like a psych would and i think that this is the problem the others were referring to.

instead of labeling they should try humbling themselves realizing they know nothing about it other than what has been taught in books
and sit down. shut up and learn what this person is dealing with
because everyone is different
there is no "textbook psychiatry" that works on EVERYBODY.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
this post was Edited because i came off a little mean
but i read vlad's story
and how everyone was bashing him and it pains me
so i might have gone on a little rant.
but i must be the buddha
so im sorry.

RIP VLAD

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Dear god, I may become schizophrenic:

"The last thing I wanted was to go there. The way I felt at the time, I felt it would destroy me to go in there, but I was powerless to resist. I'd lost the ability to express myself - words held too much meaning. I would listen to something as banal as a football match commentary, and to me it would be the story of the last battle of the gods. Everything was so vast, so deeply mythological. I'd see the arcane history of the world in everything, every little detail would hold another clue, and I was trying to hold all this information together, launched upon a mythic quest that terrified and excited me in ways far more real, far more vivid, than my life ever had up to that point."

That resonates SO well with my past... That is unsettling. I'm 20, and she had her onset of pure schizophrenia when she was 24... I have felt 'it' coming for quite some time, but lately it has been no where in sight, atleast for months... I wonder if I'll get it?

MindAsh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juil 2010
please for anyone who has a genetic history of schizophrenia or worry about ever becoming afflicted by this conditions i urge you to read over the link i posted 2 messages ago, it could factor very strongly into helping you integrate the experience into mundane life. in most modern western cultures we lock up and chemically lobotomize people with said condition but in tribal cultures they teach those suffering from "shaman sickness" to integrate it into their lives as healers and teach them to work with it instead of against it, I've experienced schizophrenia to a more mild degree in my own life and this article and understanding helped me greatly to adapt, i wont say that it'll work for everyone but give it a chance and it very well might help out if even only slightly. if anyone out there needs support that suffers from this condition please feel free to private message me on here or on AIM under the name mindash2012, i have many years of dealing with various psychiatric conditions of my own that i would hope can offer some understanding and help to those seeking it and promise not to judge. thank you all

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I've been attempting to integrate my experiences into schizophrenic people's lives as well... it often does not bode well. I am usually too sympathetic, putting them on a pedastle, or I become to blunt, and they seem off-put by me.

I had someone email me about a month ago about his psychotic tendancies from the forum thread "Advice and help when you're feeling down."

He gave me a long list of experiences and tendencies, and I responded as openly as I could (twice), but to nothing...

Psychosis wants help when feeling the lowest, and wil do anything to get out of it, but talking about when the symptoms have stopped is risky.

jaywabz

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Juin 2010
hmm. its interesting to note that DMT has been found in the urine of schizophrenics

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
DMT is found in all human urine...