Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Holding the hits in

Do you get any higher when hold your hits for more than 10 sec?

• yes

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0,0%

• Nombre total d'électeurs

MFD

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Août 2006
When I started smoking weed, I would take insanely huge hits and hold them in for as long as the smoking rotation would allow. As long as Im not moving around too much, I can hold in a hit for about 1 min 30 sec. About 4 months ago I heard from a trusted pothead friend that nearly all of the thc is absorbed in the first 7 seconds so I started to experiment with taking shorter hits. Unfortuantely I dont have a very regular smoking schedule so my tolerance goes all over the place and even after 4 months Im still not sure if this is true or not.

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
I've heard its actually 4 seconds.
I think we can all agree that 1:30min is a bit too much..

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I've heard it's 2 seconds.

Holding it in longer is only bad for your longs, so I've voted NO.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Experienced smokers usually take stronger hits but don't hold them in as long as unexperienced smokers do. This behaviour seems to develop automatically and I think it proves that holding the smoke for a long time doesn't do that much (except hurt your lungs)

jilola

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Avr 2006
You don't hold your breath for oxygen for more than a passing second or two and the necessary amount gets transferred to your blood.

The limiting factor is likely to be the capacity of the blood in the lungs at a given moment to hold the THC. The rate the blood gets replaced in the capillaries in the lungs may not be sufficient to bring fresh blood to assimilate the extra THC available if you hold your breath.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
you do get a little lightheaded when holding your breath, so it may improve the high because of a little lack of oxygen.

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
After what I've read on the internet while researching is that 90% of the THC in the smoke inhaled is absorbed by the lungs within 5 secs. So yeah.. 7 secs sounds about right for 99-100%.

wulle

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Sept 2006
i voted yes becouse i always get stoned of weed :)

wulle

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Sept 2006
i voted yes becouse i always get stoned of weed :)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
well
u can believe us on our words... its also scientifically proven that after 4-7 seconds all the THC has been taking in and holding your breath longer will only give u more high because of the lack of oxygen in your head
also the high from keeping in the smoke longer only last for a short while.. it doesnt make u more stoned on long term either

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
ProStoner a dit:
well
u can believe us on our words... its also scientifically proven that after 4-7 seconds all the THC has been taking in and holding your breath longer will only give u more high because of the lack of oxygen in your head
also the high from keeping in the smoke longer only last for a short while.. it doesnt make u more stoned on long term either

I'm glad it doesn't actually. Else the people who have a hard time smoking it (like I have with Salvia), will be in a disadvantage.. 8)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
Kwarkfanaat a dit:
ProStoner a dit:
well

I'm glad it doesn't actually. Else the people who have a hard time smoking it (like I have with Salvia), will be in a disadvantage.. 8)

oh yes very :)

G

Invité
Yeah usually holding things in sucks...
The only things I really find worthy to hold in are DMT and Salvia.

ChaoticSerenity

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Oct 2006
Government regulated pot says on the lable, hold for 7 seconds.

If you hold it for longer, you are allowing the toxins to creep in too. I wouldnt hold it more than 10 seconds, waste of time and breathe you could bebreathing in fresh pot!

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
There's another method than holding in the smoke forever, and it actually works (at least in my opinion). Hold the smoke for a few seconds, then breathe out, but only some of it (like 1/3), then breathe in again (only air!). Repeat a few times (after about 3 times you'll see there's no more smoke and you can quit). This method causes the smoke to be moved around in your lungs like it's being "stirred". As I already said, I think this method is the best to extract as much thc (or whatever) out of your smoke.[/quote]

Ton

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Sept 2005
Some people like to hold the smoke as long in their lungs as possible. I prefer to smoke in a relaxed way! That's why we're smoking this stuff, right? :p