Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

File shareing security

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I`m very interested in how people deal with that . What security do you use ? What about proxys ? Suposedly secure browsers like darkfox , xb browser and others ? What about peerguardian and protowall ? There have also been other programs mentioned here in a thread Spice made . Have any of you used them ? Do they give anonimity and how ? What about firefox addons ?

Any help , comments and advice on the subject would be greatly apreciated ..

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I haven't used the others, but that program 'ultrasurf' completely fixed all my issues. My provider had cut off access to two of the biggest p2p sites, TPB and mininova, but w/ ultrasurf, I have everything like it's supposed to be.

Supposedly, it was designed to allow people in China to surf the web without tracking and/or censorship....works for me....and it's free.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thanks . Do you know how it works ? I take it that its some sort of tunneling that builds up a conection between the sender and the tracker / swarm and the other way around so that anyone in between cant see whats going on ? That would solve problems with servers / ISPs blocking or throteling share programs . My worrys are that here there are firms that can enter torrent swarms and see who is downloading files , see their IP adresses . I`m not sure what criteria they use , if its that they look at swarms of certain files they consider hot or if they look for IP ranges ? Or even if they look at it all . I know of one firm here that employs university students who sit in a room where 10 or 12 of them are permanently looking at the downloads from different file shareing programs . I know that they have their own server but i`m not sure if the information comes only from that server or if they use the available spy programs from each of their computers .

Has anyone ever used Vuze ? Has anyone got any views on it ?

Another thing is what sort of download rates / speeds are you all getting ? I dont know whats normal so i dont know if i`m being throttled .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
OK , i put ultrasurf in and read all the info . It has something to do with proxys but maybe more ? I dont understand if its only useable for browsers or if it sends the whole of my internet trafic through it ? Meaning that if i use a file shareing program if that also goes through it ?

Anyone any ideas ?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thanks but the web site , their FAQs and the forum all say it doesnt work to swap files with Bit Torrent/Azureus/vuze . It also says that the plugin/s in Azareus/vuze doesnt work either . If you know how to do it please tell me or point me at the right method .

lucky_lab_rat

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Avr 2009
^^ sorry, my bad :oops: I'm not much for downloading content off the net for a variety of reasons. I know I2p does have their own torrent client- and when I first got turned on to it it did work with Azaueres- though I gather it no longer does ...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thankls for your idea , it made me delve a little deeper . It is possible to do with vuze and there is a program called imule especialy to download anonymously but the people who make tor and i2p dont like it and have threatened to stop it . Its also very slow . The only answer seems to be a payed proxy server but i cant aford that .

I still dont know about the program that you said Spice but i think its only good to visit banned / difficult to get to sites and not to actualy download with file shareing programs .

Up till now Vuze is the best file shareing program i`ve tried . It has its own IP blocker intigrated and one can take over partly downloaded torrents from other bit torrent clients . It also has licences with some big firms that allow people to download some copyrighted files legaly . For instance Doctor Who . The only thing i dont like about it is one has to have java installed wich i have read is very dangerous .

I am seriously thinking of useing the IP blocker to block all IP adresses in my country .

Anyone any ideas , thoughts , experiences to share ?

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
so...is thepiratebay shut down or is my internet provider blocking me?

can anybody get through?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I cant get through either .

Nsane says :-

"RIPE is the Internet registry that keeps track of all IP-addresses allocated in Europe. When the Pirate Bay got a new range of IP-addresses this week, something odd happened. Aside from the usual TPB ASCII art there was some unusual information added to the RIPE database.

According to the recently updated RIPE database entry, the Pirate Bay is now listed as a customer of Danowsky & Partner law firm (who represented IFPI), Maqs Law Firm (representing the MPAA) and the Swedish anti-piracy bureau. All three were involved in the recent trial, which led some to believe that they somehow gained control over the site. This is nonsense of course.

So why is this info in there, some might wonder. One explanation might be that during the Pirate Bay trial the defense used (incorrect) data from the RIPE database claiming that this was the absolute truth. The Pirate Bay team probably put the lawyers’ info in there themselves to show that this is not the case. Indeed, there is no doubt that they will have a hard time selling this ‘truth’ to the public now, with their own names being featured in the recent entry.

One of the other advantages of the new RIPE WHOIS is that the Pirate Bay team doesn’t have to deal with any of the takedown requests anymore, as it states that all abuse email should be directed to the earlier mentioned law firms. Aye, that will teach those landlubbers."

I dont know if that has anything to do with it . In malaya where there are / were several trackers the police closed at least 2 down . In sweden several have been closed down . In germany , the home of rapidshare , rapidshare has been forced to give the adress of at least one uploader who then got busted by the pigs. In sweden and in denmark there are court cases involveing ISPs who have been ordered by the industry to close trackers down . I think the industry is haveing a party before the pirate bay retrial .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
me neither. motherfuckers.

Ontopic: I care too less about it...gonna check the programs you proposed though.

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
re: piratebay, i get some sort of redirection message. tried using safesurf to access it but no luck. damn, forbidden fruit is the sweetest

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I can still access their site...

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
me too...strange....

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I can to .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Yesterday Taiwan passed revisions to its copyright laws which hit file-sharing pretty hard. The amendment makes it a crime to use P2P technology to facilitate the distribution of copyrighted works online, which sounds like pretty bad news for Taiwanese torrent sites who previously operated in a legal gray area.

For ISPs, the legislation provides a double-edged sword. The plus side is that in future ISPs will be exempt from taking responsibility for the copyright infringing actions of their customers, under a DMCA-style ’safe harbor’ provision, coupled with a ‘takedown’ system for alleged infringing content.

The downside is ISPs will have to introduce a ‘3 strikes’ regime for subscribers accused of infringement by copyright holders. After the third ’strike’, the ISP can take a range of measures against the user including throttling or disconnection.

The ‘3 strikes’ regime in no way protects file-sharers from the copyright holders taking legal action against them, so they could face disconnection and a claim for damages. The change in the law is aimed squarely at heavy uploaders, not casual file-sharers.

According to another report, ISPs will not be permitted to hand over the personal details of alleged file-sharers to copyright holders. However, should the individual submit a counter claim to restore previously removed content (read: protest innocence), his or her details can be made available to the rights holders.

Several countries are currently considering to implement ‘3 strikes’ legislation, most notably France. The UK was thought to be heading in a similar direction, but Minister David Lammy ruled out this possibility. “We do not believe that would be the right road to go down,

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It was recently anounced that three judges had been apointed to scrutinise thr pirate bay case and then it was discovered that two of them have strong links to the recording industry .

The following article is the next SHOCKING developement and if taken seriously by the courts should mean she should loose her job and that a fair pirate bay trial is not posible anymore . If nothing happens about it it means that Sweden isnt a democracy and that court desisions are not free .

"Lena Adelsohn-Liljeroth, the Swedish Minister of Culture held a speech before the Swedish Society of Popular Music Composers (SKAP) yesterday evening. By itself this is not really anything unusual, but while she was speaking she also commented on the verdict in the Pirate Bay trial and the sentences handed out to the defendants.

In front of an audience of music industry insiders the Minister commneted on the Pirate Bay verdict. “This may not be appreciated by everyone, but I was one of those who was pleased with the verdict in the Pirate Bay case,

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I still feel invincible to file sharing.