Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Escher

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
man, thank you for this. i've always admired the man and his work. cool to see into his personal life.

emix

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2008
It is amazing. I think there's not a single other artist who's work appeals more to me than Escher's.

The pure esthetics and impressive geometrical forms combines fine art with the mathemathical rules of nature and he does it in such a convincing way that it moves me. Not with emotions, but with a sense of perfection and utter esthetic beauty which my mind is barely able to handle.

He's one of the most under-appreciated artists I think.

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
Thanks for sharing. I really like his work!

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
Thanks for the link, I really dig his work.

I wonder if the guy has experimented with mind altering techniques/substances, because there are a lot of archetypal forms in his work... Or was it just pure mathematics?

emix

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2008
It was shortly mentioned in the docu: "You can clearly see he smokes pot"; someone says. But whether this is is true, is a different thing. I think it could easily be possible, because his work has indeed psychedelic quailties.

I just found an interesting quote: "I don't use drugs, my dreams are frightening enough." - M.C. Escher

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
emix a dit:
It is amazing. I think there's not a single other artist who's work appeals more to me than Escher's.

The pure esthetics and impressive geometrical forms combines fine art with the mathemathical rules of nature and he does it in such a convincing way that it moves me. Not with emotions, but with a sense of perfection and utter esthetic beauty which my mind is barely able to handle.

He's one of the most under-appreciated artists I think.

i completely agree

I have known him for a long time but just recently i "understood his art". On a strong acid trip i had the sensation of being in an escher painting, I was also seeing the music like the art of escher... also the changing of the skin the feeling of being metaphored was regonisable.

The thing that interested me a lot was his desire to visualise the complex works of bach

I dont think he has taken psychedelics,ibelieve he is a natural mystic that could get into altered states naturally