Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

DXM crushing Daro Retard caps ?? but why ???

ProStoner

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
everyone tells me, that I have to crush them ..
the small capsules contain little white balls ..
but seriously the only reason I can think of ... is because
it will be consumed faster

if anyone knows please tell me now :)
I just took 5 ... I don't really expect any problems but
just for sure

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
No, you don't need to crush them.

The only thing that causes problems is Chlorpheniramine Maleate which is in a lot of DXM containing products here in the US and can be deadly in high doses.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
well that substance is not in these pills
but can you atleast tell me why they do it ?? :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Chlorpheniramine Maleate is an active ingredient that has something to do with cough suppression. It's in one of the more popular brands; "Coricidin" and has led to quite a few deaths. Robitussin is a much better brand (I know you guys don't have the same brands of meds over there) as it only has DXM as the active ingredient. The kids call it "robo trippin'"

I'm not trying to ruin your buzz, but you should also avoid products that contain aspirin, acetaminophen (very bad for your liver), Guaifenesin (very common, causes vomiting. This stuff is added just to keep you from abusing it) and sorbitol (opposite of vomiting).

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
yeah I know all about those things..

if I didnt come across these pills I would never have done it ..
because all those things that can be in it .. that are very dangerous

each capsule contains 40,2mg dextromethorfanhydrobromidemonohydraat
and it says this is equal to 29,5mg Dextromethorfan

ethyl cellulose , gelatine , hydroxypropylmethylcellulose , sugar , Triethyl citate

this about what's in it ..
but my real question stays :)
why do so many people crush these particular pills ??

they all say something like "Ofcorse I crush the pills first before taking them"

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Same reason you'd crush up anything else, I guess. So that it hits you quicker and all at once instead of having a gradual come up.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
allright :)
that's what I wanted to know
I dont notice any visual things
but i just watched a movie with a friend of mine
which got me thinking again :)
so in a way dxm is working pretty mind expanding right now
ï`m actually clearheaded

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
at 150mg, you won't have visuals...
maybe if I ever try again i'll crush them as we also have those tiny balls over here :) Usually I'm at peak at the 3hr point, i'll see if it is indeed faster..

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
yes I would like to hear if it really helps so much :)
and next time i`m planning on doing about 10 caps ..
but if that don't work .. than nevermind ... :)

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
If i were you i'd aim more towards 400mg. for me 300mg is not that much, but at 370 it begins to get a little more interesting...like oh what the fuck? why is that happening now (me seeing crazy people doing weird stuff ona bycicle)? it's crazy! and it goes on and on for 2 hours!

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
It can be interesting , i don't know i never took it , but is always a neurotoxic drug that cause only a alteration of the brain activity , i don't think is a good mind expander but a mind burner.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
You crush the little balls because the balls delay the uptake of the DXM.

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
The Daro Retard capsules that ive got here release DXM over a course of 8 hours.. must be some slowing mechanism in the capsules.. Seems like a good reason to crush them so you get the full blast.. not spread over 8 hours.. But I didn't take them yet.. so I wouldnt know for sure..

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
i`ll try crushing the ball then next time :) with 10 capsules

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
I took 10 yesterday, pretty intense.
Felt like a fever for quite some while and i was unable to move, like the bliss balls.
After 2 hours it got better and i enjoyed music a lot, just like xtc.
After 4/5 hours the peak was gone and my head hurts...
I liked the introverted (dreamy) part and the way music becomes so beautiful and meaningful. Didn't enjoy the body load at all this time.. But maybe it had to do with the fact i wasn't able to drink or eat. Or maybe it was just a bad day, the dxm felt like poison.

But this morning i had no hangover at all. In fact i felt wonderful, clear headed, energetic. Fitness felt like i was on steroids :)

More people familiar with this after effect of dxm?

G

Invité
Well, I certainly don't, after the main effects are gone, I still have to spend 4-6 days in a daze, feeling cleary that the product is still in my brain...

I was a bit afraid the first time I tried DXM, really though I fried something, but now I know it's only temporary, so I just plan the next days before having the trip :D

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
@ Petfles: What is your bodyweight, and did you crush the balls?
I was wondering how much DXM I should take, and I was thinking about the same amount as you did: 10 capsules * 29,5 mg = 295 mg DXM... Seems like a good dose, for the first time 8) (200-400 mg for an average trip according to erowid)

toadlicker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Fev 2006
dxm can be good stuff, i get it in gelcap form from the local supermarket, 15mg each, 20 per bottle. i usually start with 10 of them and work up from there. they're quick release so i can keep track of where i'm at dose wise. the first time i did it was a different experience all together. i friend had a bottle of the powder and at that point we had no concept of what we were in for, but i guess the out of boby feeling wasn't to intence or i wouldn't still do it on occasion.