Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Do you workout??

mrvn

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Well??
do you keep in shape??
this is something i would like to know
everybody here is working out in there minds and spirits but what about youre body's

last sunday i runned the ''dam tot dam loop'' 10 miles in 1:16:52.
I really love running, i think its a good form of meditation
and i always feel really good after a workout.
especialy the day after tripping on shrooms, working out is great!
:D
but do you feel the same??

Carebear

Banni
Inscrit
11 Juil 2008
Uhu :D
Love to go biking. though the winter is arriving and i wont be doing much more of that... Just doing a bit of home fitness now :+
Anyway living healthier than before i used psychoactives :)

lol*fan

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Juil 2007
I work out at the gym, but lately smoking cannabis keeps me from going. And that's not because I'm smoking cannabis when I should actually be at the gym, but because when I smoke I'm still a bit high the next day and I would really feel ten times more exhausted than normal, so I decide to wait a day till the effects of the cannabis have gone. However, when I then smoke again that night, it gets put off another day, and so on ;)

I'm doing better these days though, I was heavily experimenting with cannabis until a few weeks ago; now I spent some more time considering whether or not it's a good idea to get high, with regards to what's on my schedule next day.

I was wondering about working out after being high for a while... does anybody else feel working out/heavy effort is not a good idea the day after?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I used to like taking 3 big fat sucks and then swimming a kilometer or more , or doing weight training , or riding my bike at warp 9 . I found it much easyer to train after smoking .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
When I was a teenager I read the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, in which the muscular physique of Ken Kesey is described. Practically all my other heroes (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Monster Magnet) were pretty muscled, so I wanted to get buff myself. Beefcake! So I started going to a gym, drinking ginseng extract and raw egg yolk.

But very soon (within a year) I completely changed my lifestyle into an ascetic one, and though I still did some stretching (yoga) I eventually became quite skinny again.

Then in 2003, while I was working in a vitamin store, I read about a 12-week program, called Fit For Life. I decided to try it out myself, though not in a gym. I would get very stoned, put on Korn, Marilyn Manson or Monster Magnet, and lift weights at home, or pull myself up at the playground. This time I got my protein from delicious protein shakes and bars, and I supported the whole process with vitamins, minerals, creatine etc. I became stronger and more muscular than I had ever been in my life, and it felt great. Then in 2004 my back, wrists and left shoulder started hurting, so I had to stop for a while, but I picked it up again in 2005 with adjusted exercises.

In January 2006 I started feeling another type of pain (not related to exercise, disease or injury). That pain debilitated me for several months, until I realized it wouldn't go away, so I'd better start doing things again. And indeed the pain is still here, and it makes me avoid standing up, or to do exercises. It also makes it quite uncomfortable to sit, and while lying down during my six hours of sleep I have to shift my position all the time. This of course has made the pain in my back only worse. So...I hope I'm not turning into an invalid. I'm already an invalid in many ways. I would be so much more active on this forum and elsewhere, and do more trips, if it wasn't for the constant pain.

But back on topic: I think physical exercise is very important, especially for psychonauts. Perhaps it isn't essential, but when you're strong and vibrant, it benefits your study and it benefits your trips.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Basicly the same as what Caduceus said :-

When i eat spagetti with loads of sunflower oil , plus jogurt , musli and 3 or 4 bananas a day i put weight on fast . If i do exercises it turns into muscle . The thing is to do the right exercise regularly and not to much of them . I also take multi vitamins and beer yeast + ginseng . Ginkos also good . I have terible back ache and have to keep my body moving and the exercise helps me very much . It also does wonders against depression . It makes me more awake , more agile and i can think clearer .

Bananas used to be called "Poor mans steroids" by athletes .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I've been eating between 2 and 4 bananas every single morning over thirteen years now. Sometimes other fruits as well, and coffee, but always at least two bananas.

I've been taking Ginkgo too. In fact before I got into orthomolecular therapy in general, I was specifically interested in those nutrients and herbs that were beneficial to cognitive development and maintenance. So Ginkgo, lecithin (...), choline, omega-3 fatty acids, B-vitamins and the likes were some of the first supplements I started taking, and 'forcefeeding' my pregnant wife a few years later, resulting in the biggest placenta the doctor and the hospital personnel had ever seen. :shock: The kid's doing fine 9 years later. :D

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" lecithin"

????????............. and no zink ???????

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Of course, zinc too!! But zinc is included within the daily multivitamin.

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
i play drums very intensely
i count this as my work-out
a bizarrely edited video of my band

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
not related to exercise, disease or injury

what is related to then?

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
I like working out at the gym.
If I don't work out for a few days I feel less energetic and mentally strong.
I work out 3 to 4 times a week right now.
I take multivitamins, creatin, whey protein, BCAA's and fishoil capsules and I try to eat as well as I can, but I do cheat a lot.
I just like to eat things I like to eat ofc, and if this doesn't fit my diet then to hell with it.
I'd like to gain some muscle with this as well, but I'm built rather skinny wich makes it hard for me to develop.
I've been working out (weight-training) for almost a year now and I have barely gained a few kg's.
I used to skate a lot and I still like doing this sometimes.
I also think it's a good thing to do some sport, perhaps even quite crucial for keeping healthy, fit and clearminded.
I always feel very good after having skated or worked out, they're a little different feeling goods from each other though.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What are "BCAAs" and "ofc" ?????

I cant go to a gym because when i do exercises , especialy sit ups , i fart to much .

G

Invité
i do some weights with bottles of wine or beer.
i am a pro at the launching of the smoked cigarrette.
i also am very good at launching toothpicks, barbecue time trial and so many others.

Carebear

Banni
Inscrit
11 Juil 2008
magickpencil a dit:
i play drums very intensely
i count this as my work-out
a bizarrely edited video of my band

Yup that`s pretty intens allright :lol: wildbunch :)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
i don't get enough exercise. i've been turning into a bit of a wuss this summer
:p

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
i work in the construction. demolition actually. quite good work-out.
and i do judo for 16 years now.
will start kickbox in 2 weeks, and jogging.

peace

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i do an hour or two Hsing i practice most days (kung fu) and a bit of eskrima. i do some light weight training a couple of days a week but i prefer to be flexible and weight training doesnt go well with flexible.