Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

"DMT - The Spirit Molecule"

Scarecrow

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Nov 2008
A graduate T.A. in one of my neurophysiology classes recently recommended Strassman's book regarding the research that he did on N,N-DMT in the early '90s. Anybody else come across it? I'm almost done and it is incredibly informative while easy to read.

They are making a documentary out of it, as well, that's due out in January. Should be interesting.

Entheonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
I got a copy of that book from MindAstronaut for my birthdy. I am currently reading it. It sure is a "must-have" for me and anyone interested in DMT. :mrgreen:

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Scarecrow a dit:
They are making a documentary out of it, as well, that's due out in January. Should be interesting.

That sounds amazing, i would love to see that documentary.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
The conclusions of the book were a bit depressing: there seems to be no psychological benefit to having a DMT flash. The book also contains quite a few speculations, in the first chapters especially, that many readers have paraphrased as if they were presented as facts.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Very interesting book. And indeed easy to read.
:thumbsup:

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
The bit with the guy having the IV dose and going into the world of the bugs eating his heart and making love to him scared me.... :lol:

I was about to try smoking it the next day, What I read put me off for a couple of weeks :lol:

I havent read the entire book, I find it hard to keep interest in things. Think I'll read some more soon :)

Scarecrow

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Nov 2008
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
The book also contains quite a few speculations, in the first chapters especially, that many readers have paraphrased as if they were presented as facts.

Those were definitely off-putting, but I do appreciate that he seems acutely aware of his stranger speculations, and tries to point out when he is going beyond the bounds of reasonable hypothesis. His description of the function of the pineal, though, is fantastic. I would love to read more about that.

MelloTrip

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I'm currently reading this book. Pretty interesting, indeed.

Funny to see how close are DMT, serotonin and other well-known molecules.

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Good read, changed my major.

Another good read, The Spiritual Brain by Mario Beauregard.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Serotonin is a fascinating compound: Altering Serotonin Levels Changes Monkey Behavior and Status
fascinating!!!! Sad that he doesn't tell us the guess about what serotonin is about in the end...

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I laughed at the part where he was scratching his head like a monkey. ;)

Very interesting stuff indeed!

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
FluidDruid a dit:
Good read, changed my major.

Another good read, The Spiritual Brain by Mario Beauregard.

I did a search on google and read a preview of this book. It's sounds really interesting to me. I become more and more fascinated about how our brains works, what the functions are etc etc. Maybe i gonna buy 'The Spiritual Brain' soon, but first i need to read some other books.

somniferousalmondeyes

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
Still reading it. It's quite good so far. Bout half way through. I almost wish there was something this in-depth for all psychedelics. An encyclopedia if you will. lol at wishful thinking.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
I hear spending a week or two in total darkness is a completely life changing beneficial experience of sorts.

What happens is the brain starts producing DMT and pinoline steady when you are awake... supposedly you sleep for the first few days, then start seeing people's auras, thats your pineal perceiving photons emmited from people's bodies and living things !

forgetoz

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Nov 2006
I hear spending a week or two in total darkness is a completely life changing beneficial experience of sorts.

What happens is the brain starts producing DMT and pinoline steady when you are awake... supposedly you sleep for the first few days, then start seeing people's auras, thats your pineal perceiving photons emmited from people's bodies and living things !

That would be an interesting approach, do you have some references on that, please :?:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"I almost wish there was something this in-depth for all psychedelics. An encyclopedia if you will."

???? Arent there any ?????

Ahuaeynjxs........ hippy shit...............proove it .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:

This was the first 'psychedelic' experiment I undertook, I think when I was 13, long before I ever got interested in cannabis or acid, I was reading books on the paranormal. I had read about two people who had locked themselves up in a basement for a week or so and started seeing brightly colored auras and orbs. So I made my room completely dark and stayed inside for as long as possible, but of course never long enough. I have always created a 'dark room' wherever I lived after that, which has been about 20 locations now.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
The conclusions of the book were a bit depressing: there seems to be no psychological benefit to having a DMT flash.

I think psychological effects are best researched in environments where DMT is used in a traditional way as with Ayahuasca. And I feel that there would be a far better chance of having psychological benefits from a DMT flash, if time/effort was put into preparing for it. Like my most insideful trips with long lasting effects happened after I spend the entire day in anticipation of the experience. Don't share time with other who won't be there during the trip, no shopping, nice long forest walk etc...

Compare this to driving to a hospital, have stuff attached and plugged into your body. Some nurse is nearby for safety, you've mixed with several people and then they trigger an awe inspiring experience in you which blast you of your socks and it lasts only 5 minutes. I don't know, it's just a gut feeling that I have that if you would use it more ritually (as in preparing, clear your head, clean your body, think about where you are, where you want to go etc...) and then have a DMT flash, it could have a longer lasting positive imprint.

What I found interesting is the apparent connection between near death experiences and alien abductions and DMT trips.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"What I found interesting is the apparent connection between near death experiences and alien abductions and DMT trips."

Please explain more .