Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

DMT extraction does this look good?

mrvn

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
this is my first extraction so i need some help from the pro :D i'm in the final state right now (i used ultima's tek) and this is how it looks. Does this look ok to you? Thank you mrvn

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
a bit later 4 layers from top to bottom 1 thin clear layer 2 a white layer which looks like clouds 3 large brown /red layer 4 a gray layer on the bottom is this ok???

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
You will have to describe exactly what you have done . It looks to me like you have boiled your material in acidifyed water and not filtered it properly and then added a solvent . The bottom layer seems to be plant material , then the water , the next layer is fat/emulsion and the next layer the solvent . From bottom to top . Maybe .

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
I boiled the mimosa whit water and acid filtered once boiled the mimosa again and combined the 2 whitout filtering. Stored in fridge for a night. There was a lot of mimosa at the bottom so i poured it in a bowl and filtered whit a t shirt once. removed the mimosa and poured the water back. Then i made a crofty solution(sodium hydroxide) added it to the water which turned black stirred for a while and added naptha and after that i took the pics. So what to do now?

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
There seem to be some crystals on the top of your basified layer, if it is the case, this is not good as it will be hard to separate them from the brown nasty liquid. You'd better add some heat (place the jar in hot water, NO FLAMES) to dissolve the crystals, pump the naphta with a syringue in another jar and place it in the freezer (not the fridge) for 12 h.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Dont want to argue but thats not crystals . Its fats in an emulsion layer .

I think the PH is to high , you didnt defat before adding the base and you didnt filter it enough . The only way it can go black is if the base is reacting with plant material .

Either acidify it again to PH 4 and shake the fuck out of it for ages . Then defat . Then filter it through a coffee filter . Then base it again , SLOWLY , untill your litmus paper goes from dark blue to black . Then add solvent . Swirl it . Separate the solvent layer . Add new solvent and swirl again 2 times . Mix the three solvent parts . Acidify water to PH 4 mix with solvent . Swirl . Do that 3 times . Then very carefully base it again and the DMT base should drop out and can be collected in a coffee filter .

Or separate the top layer you have now , trying as good as posible to leave the emulsion layer with the water . Add more solvent to the water bit and swirl 2 more times . Mix the collected solvent parts and then do the acidifyed water bit from above to collect the DMT base .

In the last step the when baseing the acidifyed water i dont know what PH it must be after baseing . You could try with litmus paper and backing powder ( in german "natron" wich is naturaly PH 8 ) or if that doesnt work drain cleaner .

Strong bases and strong acids + leaving your goods in them for to long FUCKS them . Under PH 4 is deadly and over PH 14 to .

I`d be pleased if anyone would give their opinions about what i have said .

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
thank you! So i fucked up nice and proper :lol: i separated the fat and the clear layer. The clear layer is on a dish right now and when i blow air over it "smoke" appears in the liquid. so if i understand right when the liquid evaporates i won't have DMT? And what do you use to defat the liquid i thought u used the naptha for that. Guess i'd better start over again since i don't have any ph papers so i can't see how high/low the ph is. But i would like to thank you for youre advise!

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
I can't be sure from the photos. Crystals looks indeed pretty different than a fat emulsion ;) and it should be quite obvious to observe. A friend of mine already saw crystals growing on the top of the basified with naphta above that's why he thought this could be crystals.
The photos from the top looks quite clear and white (while emulsion is usually brown) but that may be the flash light. Add some naoh to reduce the emulsion layer.
However, there is no need to defat with mimosa. If the naphta becomes cloudy while evaporating that's normal (DMT concentrate). But you'd better put it in the freezer and wait for crystals appearing.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Whatever you do dont throw it away . Keep going . Whats there is there . Try to rescue it .

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
i just added some NaOH and shaked like hell. The liquid turned darker but there is a problem i'm out of naptha. From my evapdish i scraped a brown/white powder but its not much i don't get a reading on my scale and that goes to 0.01gram. I still got the cooked mimosa and i didn't cooked long 2x a half hour. I'll just cook that again but i don't even got the time to goto the shop to buy naptha in 3 days from now because of work. O well thanks again and i'll let you know how it turns out.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
As GOD said, keep your mimosa, you can gather more from it. Add a bunch of Naoh and water to your mimosa (20% of the mimosa weight should be enough). It must not be a mud but pretty liquid. Add some naphta, shake, pour the naphta, evaporate etc...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
How do you evaporate naptha ? How long does it take ? What about the stink and the neighbours ?

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
In a large lasagnadish whit a fan but it wasn't much i poured some back (yes i know..) because i'm out of naptha. Don't really don't know how long it took i wasn't around to watch it. And the smell of the naptha is better them the smell of hot vinigar:lol: my neighbors can't smell it. It was my neighbor who got the delivery from the TNTman 'cause i wasn't home :lol:. When ******* still sold shrooms i always orderd them there and i always had to pick 'em at my neighbor. "hello neighborlady i'm here to pickup my mush umm my delivery" I think its quite funny when you think about it. They really don't care about it never had any complains about smell and i smoke pot quite a lot. Btw the liquid turned completly gray when i added more Naoh but i'll leave it alone for now time for sleep

hypotheticallyphreaking

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Déc 2008
mrvn a dit:
I boiled the mimosa whit water and acid filtered once boiled the mimosa again and combined the 2 whitout filtering. Stored in fridge for a night. There was a lot of mimosa at the bottom so i poured it in a bowl and filtered whit a t shirt once. removed the mimosa and poured the water back. Then i made a crofty solution(sodium hydroxide) added it to the water which turned black stirred for a while and added naptha and after that i took the pics. So what to do now?

all that work!!!

nomans tek.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
It looks ..OK.

Although why would you filter it once, and then add unfiltered into filtered?

This tec takes 2-3 times to get down usually.
Except for phalaris I did it with phalaris like fucking 6 times got jack shit. Was smoking some good ole naptha. MMM-MMMMMmm i bet that was healthy.